Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2016 at 16:35, MrSpaM said:

That part of the game was kinda slow tbh, the game ramps up again after you've finished the first few Mexico missions. The endings great so it's definitely worth going back to and trying to finish. The last few missions in particular have some great set pieces and atmosphere, plus there's a great twist at the end.

I can understand where people are coming from with the horse riding though, it did get a little monotonous towards the end. The game does have a fast travel option though, I'm just not sure how far into the game it is before you unlock it.

I'm hoping the next game will be set far enough after the first that they include drivable cars. The first one had a car you could find but you couldn't get in it, so the next one will most probably have them in some shape or form.

On 20/10/2016 at 17:00, Wookie said:

Looks to be set after RDR with the telephone/power lines and the trailer doesn't give too much away but visually it's fantastic

I think it's all but confirmed it will be a prequel. I strongly doubt that there'll ever be a Red Dead game set after Red Dead Redemption, since it was set right at the end of the wild west. It would be pointless driving those cars, anyway. They were much slower than horses. As for the telephone lines - they were in RDR1, as well.

Got to say, I'm shocked to see so many people here saying they didn't like the last game. One of my favourite games ever, especially the multiplayer.

Incidentally, I got an XBox Live Gold account last week for the first time in ages, because my internet connection had been utter shite for so long. Only really wanted to play RDR, but after a couple of days, the servers went to shit and have made the game almost unplayable.

The public servers are a waste of time at the mo, but you can still play perfectly fine on private servers, so I'm trying to find people to do that with. Add me if you want to play - gamertag: RPJ 5000. If you get invited to a game, please don't go straight from a public server. It's best to start a single player game and go to XBox Live Private from the pause menu.

21 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Any word if they're putting RDR on PSN yet? I'm sure I heard whispers a few weeks back.

Haven't heard that it's going to be available on PSN, but I did read that it will soon be available to play via Playstaion Now. 

If that's the case then I'll try out the 7 day free trial that's available, but I'm not paying £13 a month to subscribe or whatever it is, bollocks to that. 

12 hours ago, Ozwin said:

What the hell is Playstation Now?

Its an internet streaming service. for £12.99 a month you have access to a whole library of games. I think its full of PS1, PS2 and PS3. If you play them on a regular basis you can get your moneys worth but personally i think its too expensive

• 10 months later...
21 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

In some ways I actually enjoy Red Dead more than GTA. Just a shame the wait goes on for this. Looks wicked though.

I think the most recent GTA just became the highest selling game ever so I dare say Rockstar are gonna bleed that dry so they can take there time on this 

15 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I think the most recent GTA just became the highest selling game ever so I dare say Rockstar are gonna bleed that dry so they can take there time on this 

True. We'd also much rather play a great product as well as opposed to something knocked together to hit a release date.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know what to make of this. I really didn't get into RDR. Found it boring after a while but something tells me I would enjoy this game. Trailer looks good. Think I will wait until after release and the reviews come in before I buy it.

That trailer looks as boring as the first game.

It's due out in 6 months and still there's no proper gameplay.  People calling it GoTY, slightly premature imo.

Of all the top reviewed games that have come in over the years, I really don't understand the love the previous game received.  It was dull, just as @kingcarr21 has described.

• Like 1

It's going to be gorgeous and - of course - much more detailed and life-like as opposed to the previous installment.

For anyone slating the gameplay/story, you don't know what you're missing.

The Wild West cannot be compared to GTA - it's much slower by nature.

The storyline this time looks like it could be a real treat. As indicated in the latest trailer, the era of gunslingers and cowboys is coming to an end at the end of the 19th century, a real cultural shift in the US of A at the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

That trailer looks as boring as the first game.

It's due out in 6 months and still there's no proper gameplay.  People calling it GoTY, slightly premature imo.

Of all the top reviewed games that have come in over the years, I really don't understand the love the previous game received.  It was dull, just as @kingcarr21 has described.

What you found dull, I found thoroughly enjoyable and had 100’s of hours of enjoyment from. 

To to try to understand the love for the previous game, first try to understand that not everybody finds enjoyment from the same source.