Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

14 hours ago, silebyboy said:

What you found dull, I found thoroughly enjoyable and had 100’s of hours of enjoyment from. 

To to try to understand the love for the previous game, first try to understand that not everybody finds enjoyment from the same source. 

Oh ignore him he has one on him when it comes RDR and for some reason thinks he’s the governing authority of what consoles and games people should buy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Red Deadd Redemption has left a bigger impression on me than any other game I've ever played, outstanding characters, plot, sound design and visuals. The multiplayer was enjoyable too even before it had as much focus as GTA online. In my mind there's no such thing as a perfect game but this got close as it was immensely repayable and I found a lot of fun just exploring the map where I don't in GTA.

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:44, MC Prussian said:

Btw, thread should read "Red Dead (Redemption) 2".

Wouldn't Red Dead 3 be correct with Red Dead Revolver being the first game, Or was that its own game?

Prob be easier anyway calling the thread RDR 2 though

7 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Wouldn't Red Dead 3 be correct with Red Dead Revolver being the first game, Or was that its own game?

Prob be easier anyway calling the thread RDR 2 though

Red Dead Revolver shares parts of the name, but apart from the Western setting, has little to nothing in common with the Red Dead Redemption.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Red Dead Revolver shares parts of the name, but apart from the Western setting, has little to nothing in common with the Red Dead Redemption.

Ah fair enough, I never played it.

Still tempted to give RDR another go to see if I enjoy it now i'm a little older. Think when RDR came out I was too engrossed in GTA that RDR was boring. I probably just didn't appreciate it for what it was.

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ah fair enough, I never played it.

Still tempted to give RDR another go to see if I enjoy it now i'm a little older. Think when RDR came out I was too engrossed in GTA that RDR was boring. I probably just didn't appreciate it for what it was.

To be fair from memory it wasn't the easiest game to get into immediately.  

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

RDR 2 didn't do it for me but wow, think now im a bit older I will appreciate this game for what it is. The horseback bored me in RDR2 after playing too much GTA. This I reckon will be incredible

This IS Red Dead Redemption 2, the thread title is misleading (and an error).

6 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

The thread title isn't misleading. It can be referred as the 3rd Red Dead game. I just put RDR2 instead of RD2 or RDR. I knew what I meant lol 

You may know that, but it's still misleading. lol

First title in the Red Dead Series had little to nothing to do with Red Dead Redemption, they are separate entities - it's a different game genre altogether.

Hence the official label RDR 2.

Red Dead Revolver has long been forgotten, hardly anyone references that title any longer.

I am really excited for this, at the time, I genuinely thought Red Dead 1 was the perfect game and this seems like the perfect way to follow up/proceed the previous game.

The only thing I worry about slightly is the possibility that the map might be possibly too big, I worry that they have gone all out on the map and it may be too big for travel distances use of cars allows you get away with it slightly more, due to the speed. However horseback may not allow that.

To a point, Horizon: Zero Dawn had a similar issue for me, the map was huge and was quite daunting, but they got around that by having the quick travel points, but to the best of my knowledge, Rockstar haven't done that before.

20 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

I am really excited for this, at the time, I genuinely thought Red Dead 1 was the perfect game and this seems like the perfect way to follow up/proceed the previous game.

The only thing I worry about slightly is the possibility that the map might be possibly too big, I worry that they have gone all out on the map and it may be too big for travel distances use of cars allows you get away with it slightly more, due to the speed. However horseback may not allow that.

To a point, Horizon: Zero Dawn had a similar issue for me, the map was huge and was quite daunting, but they got around that by having the quick travel points, but to the best of my knowledge, Rockstar haven't done that before.

Pretty sure you can fast travel in RDR...

• 1 month later...