Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Fcuk that, my old PS4 already struggles lol.

This could start a trend.

Forcing those who bought the PS4 in first few months to go for the Pro and all the benefits that brings.

Problem isn't so much that, it's the panel that it's put through that is the costly part.  A decent 4k panel costs upwards of £1.5k.

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This could start a trend.

Forcing those who bought the PS4 in first few months to go for the Pro and all the benefits that brings.

Problem isn't so much that, it's the panel that it's put through that is the costly part.  A decent 4k panel costs upwards of £1.5k.

??

I got a decent Samsung 4K smart TV for £450 and that was over a year ago, unless you're talking about the monster 75" jobs, which no one really needs

20 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

??

I got a decent Samsung 4K smart TV for £450 and that was over a year ago, unless you're talking about the monster 75" jobs, which no one really needs

That's fine.

It depends what you want it for.  I want one of these Panasonic FX802B models.  They start around £1700 for the 55".  The picture quality is now on a par with a plasma - it's taken 5 years, but from what I saw in John Lewis, the picture quality is now as good, if not a little better than a plasma.

We're now at a point with the tech which says to me, do I buy a Pro and a new TV, or do I hold out another couple of years, then buy the following iteration of console and then an even better TV than the FZ802 for instance.  Panasonic's are so well made I'd have to begrudgingly part with what I've got now for a superior TV - size means I can't easily dump it in a bedroom either.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

On 02/10/2018 at 20:16, Legend_in_blue said:

That's fine.

It depends what you want it for.  I want one of these Panasonic FX802B models.  They start around £1700 for the 55".  The picture quality is now on a par with a plasma - it's taken 5 years, but from what I saw in John Lewis, the picture quality is now as good, if not a little better than a plasma.

We're now at a point with the tech which says to me, do I buy a Pro and a new TV, or do I hold out another couple of years, then buy the following iteration of console and then an even better TV than the FZ802 for instance.  Panasonic's are so well made I'd have to begrudgingly part with what I've got now for a superior TV - size means I can't easily dump it in a bedroom either.

I can't ever recall seeing one of your posts in a subform other than this one 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Apparently they've been pulling 100 hour weeks to get this out the door. Now this is very commendable but people's well being shouldn't be put at risk to save neckbeards from moaning if/when they need to delay the release date. 

Dan Houser has clarified what he meant by this, in that it was just the senior writing team who were working these long hours. But I've a feeling he made a boo-boo and let it slip, as R* have history of making employees do these kind of grinds to meet release dates (L.A. Noire is one example) There's a reason he, nor his brother give interviews.

The Houser brothers, and their inner circle of Rockstar management have a reputation as notoriously awful c**ts to work for. A lot of this stuff came out during Leslie Benzies lawsuit (although I'd take some of that with a pinch of salt)

51 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Dan Houser has clarified what he meant by this, in that it was just the senior writing team who were working these long hours. But I've a feeling he made a boo-boo and let it slip, as R* have history of making employees do these kind of grinds to meet release dates (L.A. Noire is one example) There's a reason he, nor his brother give interviews.

The Houser brothers, and their inner circle of Rockstar management have a reputation as notoriously awful c**ts to work for. A lot of this stuff came out during Leslie Benzies lawsuit (although I'd take some of that with a pinch of salt)

It's unclear how much of the bad working conditions at Team Bondi had to do with Rockstar and they went well beyond long working hours.

But yeah I imagine a lot of people are working a lot of hours. But in their defence that is common in the industry near a deadline and they'll more than likely be given a lot of flexible working once the deadline is met. 

On 16/10/2018 at 14:07, Manwell Pablo said:

. But in their defence that is common in the industry near a deadline 

That just sounds like the industry as a whole needs to sort their shit out at the top, work out project management and set deadlines that are achievable without working people into the grave tbh

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That just sounds like the industry as a whole needs to sort their shit out at the top, work out project management and set deadlines that are achievable without working people into the grave tbh

Well yeah, it’s an Industry people are falling over themselves to get into though so a lot of employers take the piss.

They need regulating better really.

• Like 1

It looks very good, with some great features but not sure how it will be after a while.

Might get tedious having to do the little things (bathing, eating, getting a new horse when yours dies) after a while when you are just trying to get through the 60 hour story.

GTA San Andreas you had to eat or lost muscle and stamina, which got annoying.

Also, having to manually recock your weapons after every shot.

I've got it ready for after work, so looking to forward to seeing how it plays. 

Takes ****ing ages to install. I’m home from uni and said I’d install it for my brother so he can play it when he gets in from school, there’s another hour left still and I put the disc in half an hour ago lol