Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

On 28/10/2018 at 20:10, stripeyfox said:

I like the look of this but I fear it will melt my PS4 which already sound like Concorde taking off when the kids are playing Fortnite on it!

If youre computer savy

get some https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermal-Grizzly-conductonaut-compound-10-140°/dp/B01A9KIGSI/ref=lp_8338156031_1_4?srs=8338156031&ie=UTF8&qid=1540993295&sr=8-4    and change the paste on the CPU

Getting a bit irritated with this, can't get used to the controls. Keep aiming my weapon at people when i don't mean to. 

Also, how slow the gameplay is and all the things you need to consider (temperature, food, hygeine) when I just want an hour blast on it after work and I can hardly get anything done

• Like 2

Id agree the controls are as clunky as always with a R* game and predictably there are a few bugs here and there.

That aside is phenomenal if you ask me, I’ve just finished chapter 3 and the story telling is fantastic, the survival aspects hardly affect the experience at all for me personally. Temperature in particular I’d not pay much attention too unless your spending a lot of time in a particularly hot or cold area.

I'm really loving it. 

I absolutely love the intentionally slow pacing of it. It feels like Rockstar have stuck a massive middle finger at the games industry in the age of pay-to-win, 5 minute a round games for kids with increasingly decreasing attention spans. There's plenty of life in the ol' single player game, yet.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I'm really loving it. 

I absolutely love the intentionally slow pacing of it. It feels like Rockstar have stuck a massive middle finger at the games industry in the age of pay-to-win, 5 minute a round games for kids with increasingly decreasing attention spans. There's plenty of life in the ol' single player game, yet.

Good because that's exactly what I feared coming off of GTA V - so much lost potential and scummy practices which incentivised buying ingame currency against monotonous grinding for an even more and more ludicrous and flashy but limited online mode. I imagined flying horses and pimp my wagon style gameplay.

I've only watched abit of Twitch so far and not bought the game yet, I waited nearly a year to buy Read Dead Redemption after it not really grabbing my attention and I felt justified in doing so playing it, although it was an excellently built and structured game I felt the replayabillity was near nil, I didnt really enjoy the online mode and the small things like the controls being very clunky in tight spaces plus the insta-death upon water submersion and the online mode of Poker being sold off as an extra dlc for no good reason, I also got bored of riding horses from here to there to everywhere, I never liked using fast travel nor enjoyed blasting from Tall Trees to Mehico repeatedly tapping A all the way. So i'm probably gonna sit this one out til Christmas or there abouts and look out for deals.

Noticing too from watching little bits that I've seen the sound of the envirnment with all of the animals is absolutely amazing, really impressed with that. I've noticed a few times though the contrast of colours is way too high sometimes, it's like Zelda BotW levels of green and the skybox can go completely black overcast but all around you is still luminescent green

27 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Good because that's exactly what I feared coming off of GTA V - so much lost potential and scummy practices which incentivised buying ingame currency against monotonous grinding for an even more and more ludicrous and flashy but limited online mode. I imagined flying horses and pimp my wagon style gameplay.

I've only watched abit of Twitch so far and not bought the game yet, I waited nearly a year to buy Read Dead Redemption after it not really grabbing my attention and I felt justified in doing so playing it, although it was an excellently built and structured game I felt the replayabillity was near nil, I didnt really enjoy the online mode and the small things like the controls being very clunky in tight spaces plus the insta-death upon water submersion and the online mode of Poker being sold off as an extra dlc for no good reason, I also got bored of riding horses from here to there to everywhere, I never liked using fast travel nor enjoyed blasting from Tall Trees to Mehico repeatedly tapping A all the way. So i'm probably gonna sit this one out til Christmas or there abouts and look out for deals.

Noticing too from watching little bits that I've seen the sound of the envirnment with all of the animals is absolutely amazing, really impressed with that. I've noticed a few times though the contrast of colours is way too high sometimes, it's like Zelda BotW levels of green and the skybox can go completely black overcast but all around you is still luminescent green

Oh you’ll still get that, RDR online isn’t out yet, it’ll be a money making machine no doubt about the it.

15 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Yeah, f**k GTA online. It's shite. RDR online will inevitably go down the same route, but I won't bother with it. 

18 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I also got bored of riding horses from here to there to everywhere, I never liked using fast travel nor enjoyed blasting from Tall Trees to Mehico repeatedly tapping A all the way. So i'm probably gonna sit this one out til Christmas or there abouts and look out for deals.

Warning you now, there's a LOT of horse riding. I don't mind, though. It's not for everyone, but the world is so well built and immersive that I personally don't find it too much of a chore. There's a limited fast travel available but I haven't really used it. You get rewarded for exploration, and it's great to discover something or someone seemingly hidden away somewhere. These kind of moments are everywhere.

I haven't really found the contrast issues you describe... Even after several hours I still find myself in awe at the sunlight filtering through foggy trees, or a sunset over the mountains.

You're right though, the sound design is absolutely incredible. The diegetic sound surpasses anything I've heard in a game. With the SFX plus all of the lines of dialogue they must've recorded, I genuinely don't know how they fit it all in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Getting a bit irritated with this, can't get used to the controls. Keep aiming my weapon at people when i don't mean to. 

Also, how slow the gameplay is and all the things you need to consider (temperature, food, hygeine) when I just want an hour blast on it after work and I can hardly get anything done

This is why I'm hesitant at the moment. I get max 5 hours a week to play a bit of PS4, no idea if that's enough to make any real progress in the game in realistic time scales. Like you say, sometimes you just want to jump immediately into the action rather than spending 20 mins stalking a rabbit or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is why I'm hesitant at the moment. I get max 5 hours a week to play a bit of PS4, no idea if that's enough to make any real progress in the game in realistic time scales. Like you say, sometimes you just want to jump immediately into the action rather than spending 20 mins stalking a rabbit or whatever. 

Exactly that. I do appreciate the vastnessand quality of the game, and it will be a game I'll potentially pump 100's of hours into by completing the missions and sides, but you really can't just have a half hour blast. 

When searching draws or chests bores me as well, by having to individually pick up each item. Would be better if it had a list of contents (Like Fallout for example) which you can choose to take or leave.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

One hundred percent you can just sit and play the missions and progress rapidly. If you deviate from missions it will because you're enjoying doing something else.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bryn said:

One hundred percent you can just sit and play the missions and progress rapidly. If you deviate from missions it will because you're enjoying doing something else.

Absolutely. 

And sometimes that 30 minutes you spent wanting to progress the story was just 30 minutes well spent watching the sun set over the river as you fish instead. 

It's a world to escape in - sometimes its nice to not progress. All we do all day is progress things. When do I get to just chill out and hunt rabbits in a beautiful setting? 

Just lose yourself in whatever for 30 minutes. If it takes 2 years to complete the game because of that, well... Its been a good investment! 

• Like 2

I absolutely love it. I can see why the overall pacing might grate on people who were expecting Grand Theft Horse but I think it fits perfectly. The world's so incredibly detailed it'd be such a shame to rush through without enjoying it fully.

20 minutes ago, Tom17LCFC said:

Really enjoying this to be fair. I’ve never played any of the previous ones - got a bounty on my head already, does that disappear over time or do you have to perform good deeds, complete missions etc. to get it down?

As far as I can tell the only way to get rid of a bounty is to pay it off at a post office or surrender to bounty hunters/lawmen. Having said that, I'm not that far in so it could well go down over time, not sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

How do i access the whole free mode single player? I’ve done the first mission rescuing the guy so far

keep going fella - the first 2-3 hours is on rails, like an extended tutorial

it'll keep teaching you things well into the free roam too

once you get past the first bit you can do whatever

I've hit Chapter 3 and now I'm only pushing on with the story a bit at a time but spending more time doing random encounters, hunting, robberies, etc. 

most people seem to think Chapter 3 is a good place to catch your breathe and explore the world / do side-missions, etc. before pushing on further. 

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

keep going fella - the first 2-3 hours is on rails, like an extended tutorial

it'll keep teaching you things well into the free roam too

once you get past the first bit you can do whatever

I've hit Chapter 3 and now I'm only pushing on with the story a bit at a time but spending more time doing random encounters, hunting, robberies, etc. 

most people seem to think Chapter 3 is a good place to catch your breathe and explore the world / do side-missions, etc. before pushing on further. 

Thanks mate - just started Old Friends!

• Like 1

I think it's a game best split into 2 parts. Explore the world and then smash through the story. The story is a little slow but once it gets going, it's typically excellent from Rockstar. And it remove the feeling of the game being too slow.