Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

I rate Kasper as a team player & he is hugely important to us for that, so would be very very difficult to replace.

However, purely on his goalkeeping ability he is not irreplaceable; the likes of Sunderland, Burnley, Southampton, Stoke & others have (or have had) better keepers either now or in very recent years

I'd be delighted if we got to end of the transfer window and still had Kasper, Simpson (only 1st-team RB), Ndidi, Mahrez & Vardy in our line-up

Edited by cc_star
  • Like 1

What an amazing 6 years he's had for us. Even better is that he seems very down to earth and an all round decent character.

Also, if he stays for one more year then he will have the chance of completing this stat:

IMG_1043.JPG

The goal against Yoevil didn't officially count sadly but he needs to score one in the next 6 months to keep the "1 every 50 years" trend going!

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, shen said:

------------------------

He also appeared in an interview talking about goalkeeping gloves, which I will attempt to translate later.

I imagine this part isnt covered  haha but He gets proper mad if anyone puts any sand in  the goalmouths because he says that it gets on his gloves and can effect his grip/ ruin the gloves..

He's ultra professional / bit of a diva about goalkeeping.

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 09:22, Hitesh said:

Fully expecting Kasper to be captain for quite a few games next season but Wes remaining club captain. Mainly as I can't see Wes playing the majority of games.

I rate Kasper, I hope he finishes his best years with us.

I just dont believe GKs, being given the captains armband.

Though he has imo a good captains credentials...

As promised, I'm transcribing his interview with football journalist Kian Founoudi (J). I'll split it up as I might not get everything done in one go.

https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/fodboldnoerden-schmeichel-select-bolden-er-den-vaerste-paa-hele-kloden

Kasper (KS) talking about gloves:

KS: I'm quite old-fashioned when it comes to gloves. My gloves are very, very thin and cling tight to the hand. I'm not really into the ones with thick foam.
Gloves these days usually have about 3,5-4mm og foam, my gloves have around 2mm. I want to be able to feel the ball as much as I can.
It probably stems from my childhood where I would use my dad's gloves and they were old-fashioned by today's standards as you'd expect.
Back then gloves had, and now this gets a little nerdy, something called "flat palm".
These days gloves have a "negative cut" which basically means that the stitches are on the inside of the glove rather than the outside.

*KS shows one of his gloves*

KS: "This grip is called quartz which is something I only started using 8 years ago and it's been very good. It's very durable and has incredibly good grip, particularly in wet weather."

KS: "I don't like frilly colours on my gloves. I like white gloves and white boots. I don't like having too many colours, especially on my gloves.
I cannot be in goal in black gloves! I think it looks completely wrong and feels completely wrong."

J: "Feels completely wrong?!"

KS: "Feels completely wrong. It's the same with black boots. I cannot play in black boots, it's entirely wrong.
My ideal boots and gloves are completely white. Very simple."

*Kian Founoudi points at Kasper's glove*

J: "This coating... no matter what brand you're using, it would be that type of glove you'd use?"

KS: "Yes"

J: "...Then you'd ask for this coating?"

KS: "Yes, I would"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, shen said:

As promised, I'm transcribing his interview with football journalist Kian Founoudi (J). I'll split it up as I might not get everything done in one go.

https://www.bt.dk/fodbold/fodboldnoerden-schmeichel-select-bolden-er-den-vaerste-paa-hele-kloden

Kasper (KS) talking about gloves:

KS: I'm quite old-fashioned when it comes to gloves. My gloves are very, very thin and cling tight to the hand. I'm not really into the ones with thick foam.
Gloves these days usually have about 3,5-4mm og foam, my gloves have around 2mm. I want to be able to feel the ball as much as I can.
It probably stems from my childhood where I would use my dad's gloves and they were old-fashioned by today's standards as you'd expect.
Back then gloves had, and now this gets a little nerdy, something called "flat palm".
These days gloves have a "negative cut" which basically means that the stitches are on the inside of the glove rather than the outside.

*KS shows one of his gloves*

KS: "This grip is called quartz which is something I only started using 8 years ago and it's been very good. It's very durable and has incredibly good grip, particularly in wet weather."

KS: "I don't like frilly colours on my gloves. I like white gloves and white boots. I don't like having too many colours, especially on my gloves.
I cannot be in goal in black gloves! I think it looks completely wrong and feels completely wrong."

J: "Feels completely wrong?!"

KS: "Feels completely wrong. It's the same with black boots. I cannot play in black boots, it's entirely wrong.
My ideal boots and gloves are completely white. Very simple."

*Kian Founoudi points at Kasper's glove*

J: "This coating... no matter what brand you're using, it would be that type of glove you'd use?"

KS: "Yes"

J: "...Then you'd ask for this coating?"

KS: "Yes, I would"

Very interesting that. I'd never considered a man could get so deeply into his goalie gloves

Quite easily up there in being one of the best goalkeepers the club has ever had.

Had question marks about him during his early spells, but he's turned out to be very valuable for the team.

He's not irreplaceable, but it'll be difficult to find another goalkeeper like him when he's finished.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

All that analysis and he still can’t sort out his starting position on free-kicks :ph34r:

He gets better every season does Kasper, we’re lucky to have him!

I think there are a lot of reasons for him looking a bit wonky at free kicks. I just believe that some of that is due to his stature, which he finds compromises to deal with.

That said, I think it's a part of his game that has improved as well.

I had my doubts about him becoming top class. To his credit, he's exceeded my hopes and expectations which I find very admirable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shen said:

I think there are a lot of reasons for him looking a bit wonky at free kicks. I just believe that some of that is due to his stature, which he finds compromises to deal with.

That said, I think it's a part of his game that has improved as well.

I had my doubts about him becoming top class. To his credit, he's exceeded my hopes and expectations which I find very admirable.

My post was more aimed towards criticising the criticism itself lol. I’m sure Kasper is fully aware of it being a weakness of his and is doing everything possible to improve that aspect of his game.(Stilts could help!)

Thanks for the translations, I found the interviews fascinating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

My post was more aimed towards criticising the criticism itself lol. I’m sure Kasper is fully aware of it being a weakness of his and is doing everything possible to improve that aspect of his game.(Stilts could help!)

Thanks for the translations, I found the interviews fascinating.

Misread that the first time, I thought you'd written SHILTS could help, and was wondering if he'd got some high heel football boots he could lend Kasper (white ones naturally) lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

An all-time great. The most likeable player of our most recent success story.

Whatever happens with tonights game wont change that.

Feel similar with O'Neill. Still a legend no matter how terrible this RoI side play.

I completely respect and condone it. Just looking at the quality of the squad I think they've done brilliantly to get to the play-offs.

Iceland are basically doing the same only they have a bit more quality and everyone seems to laud them.

• Thanks 1