Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

On 18/06/2018 at 14:39, Babylon said:

Can't believe the amount of shit he gets on here, one of those players I don't think people will realise how good he really was until he's gone. He makes so few mistakes, how often we seen Kasper make clangers like David de Gea did the other day? Or Butland punching it in his own net? Or Lloris who has made a number of clangers.

For me, he's incredibly consistent. Sure there are a few question marks about his coming off the line for crosses, or the odd free kick positioning. But there aren't many keepers I'd swap him for.

Throw into the mix that he's a winner and has an great attitude. If he goes we'd lose a massive player in the dressing along with his ability. Considering where we're at as a team/club, he's irreplaceable in my eyes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

If not, the Aussies can always try sandpaper on one side of Kaspers face.....lol

Aussies are "sanding setting up" the goals as we type...

Image result for sand paper goal post

Edited by ozleicester

Just now, Bazly said:

After watching KS flap once or twice against Australia I really do hope we get a decent new number 1 this Summer.

Are you having a laugh? The world is going mental for him after the last two games. Oliver Kahn has called him the player of the tournament so far. We'll be very lucky to keep him if he keeps this up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Are you having a laugh? The world is going mental for him after the last two games. Oliver Kahn has called him the player of the tournament so far. We'll be very lucky to keep him if he keeps this up.

He looked a flapper to me. 

I hope we at least get a GK in to rival him.

That Iranian goalkeeper will do, he only plays in the persian league so would happily come to us.

On 19/06/2018 at 10:52, Ric Flair said:

Will go down as our best goalkeeper in the modern era and we've had some solid and classy ones in Keller and Flowers. Schmeichel has done unbelievably well for us, it's his humility and character off the pitch that impresses me as much as what he's done on it. He's a winner and he's big in to team spirit and professionalism, it's rare to listen to a footballer and hang off their every word too but he oozes intelligence and passion. He's a salt of the earth, Sven's best thing he ever did for us.

If he could claim more balls in the box and kick more consistently, he would be at one of the big 4 by now.

Top keeper in so many ways but falls short in certain areas. 

Not a Kasper bash at all, just an honest review of what is a top Prem keeper with only a couple of flaws.

• Like 3

Typical posts on here from fans with short term memories. Kasper is an absolute hero and will go down as one of our greatest ever keepers and still has plenty of years left in him in which he can only improve. I guarantee you now these people on here 'bashing' him would absolutely shit a brick if he left us this summer, no guarantee that another keeper could come in and match his consistency and presence. It wasnt long ago we had the likes of Chris Weale, Paul Henderson and Rab Douglas in between the sticks. Look how far we've come with Kasper in the last 6/7 years and show some respect.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

If he could claim more balls in the box and kick more consistently, he would be at one of the big 4 by now.

Top keeper in so many ways but falls short in certain areas. 

Not a Kasper bash at all, just an honest review of what is a top Prem keeper with only a couple of flaws.

Sorry, to add..

if he could save free kicks also.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, FIF said:

He looked a flapper to me. 

I hope we at least get a GK in to rival him.

That Iranian goalkeeper will do, he only plays in the persian league so would happily come to us.

I have said for a while, he’s a great shot stopper, but our defensive weaknesses at set pieces are a lot to do with kasper not being dominating, and his weakness is crosses into the box.

This then breeds nerves in his defenders, nothing better as a centre half, knowing your keeper is going to dominate anything around the 6 yard box at set pieces.

Jumping in on the argument about bringing someone in, for me if we can get a better all round keeper of course, minimum we need a keeper who could push him, as I thought he had a poor to average season last year, but he knows his place is a given, not healthy to have no real player pushing for his position.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChrisFilter said:

What does Oliver Kahn know about goalkeeping? :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, KJT said:

It was quite funny watching his antics just before the Ozzie penalty, I'll love to know what he saying to Jedinak 

It was sad and completely useless.

18 hours ago, Bazly said:

After watching KS flap once or twice against Australia I really do hope we get a decent new number 1 this Summer.

He was so flappy against Peru as well. Fully at fault for Australia's goal too. Get rid.

Edited by shen
Gif not working

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

It was sad and completely useless.

Yeah. If he had just stood on the line and said nothing it would have had a bigger chance to put Jedinak off. It's not like it worked in the previous game either... oh...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

Yeah. If he had just stood on the line and said nothing it would have had a bigger chance to put Jedinak off. It's not like it worked in the previous game either... oh...

I like that you defend your countryman. My daughter in law is Danish, so my son defends him too. Personally I'd like a taller goalkeeper who can come for crosses and control at least his 6 yd box. Kasper is a good goalie and great shot-stopper but any goalie that isn't a shot stopper isn't a goalie anyway. As for the penalties, why do you think Kasper saying something to the player meant he didn't score? Yesterday Kasper looked a fool with his antics, if the guy had missed, then you could make your argument whether it was true or not but Jedinak wasn't in the least concerned and scored with ease. Kasper always dives to early on penalties IMO.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I like that you defend your countryman. My daughter in law is Danish, so my son defends him too. Personally I'd like a taller goalkeeper who can come for crosses and control at least his 6 yd box. Kasper is a good goalie and great shot-stopper but any goalie that isn't a shot stopper isn't a goalie anyway. As for the penalties, why do you think Kasper saying something to the player meant he didn't score? Yesterday Kasper looked a fool with his antics, if the guy had missed, then you could make your argument whether it was true or not but Jedinak wasn't in the least concerned and scored with ease. Kasper always dives to early on penalties IMO.

I like that you assume I defend him because he's Danish. It's the nonsensical criticism that our players (not just Schmiechel) often get, which I am trying to stop.

I have no issues with fans not liking his playing style or fans who want to have a goalkeeper who's better in the aspects you mention.

But it's bloody obvious some people are looking for faults when he gets criticised for every kick that isn't served on a plate to a striker; when he doesn't make a clean catch or when a free kick (or any goal really) is scored against him. When it spills into criticism and questioning of his character, that's when it starts reeking of personal dislike rather than objective criticism.

Having a dig at him for trying to put off one of the best penalty takers around? Why does that make him look a fool? Would it have looked clever had Jedinak missed?

What did he have to lose in a situation where he is second-favourite anyway?

I can't say whether it had an effect on Cueva. Nobody can, but you cannot say it didn't either.

It's even proven that goalkeepers are able to distract penalty takers, so I do like that Leicester and Denmark have a keeper who's utilising all the tricks he can.

https://blog.innerdrive.co.uk/sports/penalties-myths-v-facts

Edited by shen
  • Like 2

It's nice to see Kasper having a decent tournament after a few ropey performances for us last term. He was unlucky to lose his clean sheet yesterday too, felt the VAR penalty was slightly harsh.

Edited by LCCFox96