Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Just a heads up for anyone interested. Nintendo will reveal their new console today at 3pm UK time. I'm a massive sucker for Mario and Zelda, so I'll end up buying the console regardless.

Awesome thanks. Always been a sucker for Nintendo so looking forward to this. I think the new Zelda is the game i'm looking forward to more than any other game

Interesting. But would it not become a pretty big competitor for the 3DS? Now just give me a massive 3D Mario game to launch this thing with and you will have my money again Big N!

Edited by Jonezy

31 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just watched the video. I think it looks pretty good. Be interesting to see what sort of price it would be. 

I have a Wii U already so wondering if its worth having both consoles or just keep the Wii U.

Considering they are no longer supporting the Wii U I don't think you've got much of a choice :/

It seems ridiculously underpowered again compared to the competition if the specs being posted on neogaf are true

Although that might also mean it's ridiculously cheap to buy

They are going to find it difficult getting third parties involved, multiplats are basically a no go, it's using a gpu that's designed for laptops and mobile phones

Edited by MrSpaM

7 minutes ago, matty98 said:

In the trailer it shows skyrim the remastered edition so must be fairly powerful, quite excited, hope they don't price it too highly

We don't actually know if that's the remaster or just a port of the base game from 5 years ago

Edited by MrSpaM

1 minute ago, MrSpaM said:

We don't actually know if that's the remaster or just a port of the base game from 5 years ago

Someone in the comments of the youtube video said they can tell it's the remastered by the lighting effects, they could be wrong though of course

6 minutes ago, matty98 said:

In the trailer it shows skyrim the remastered edition so must be fairly powerful, quite excited, hope they don't price it too highly

That's what I'm wondering about.  The brief glimpses they show look like pretty high quality rendering which makes you wonder how that's possible on such a small device. PCs use graphics cards about as large as the handheld device to run Skyrim in such detail and that's not taking any other components like power supply or CPU into account.  There must be a catch surely?

9 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's what I'm wondering about.  The brief glimpses they show look like pretty high quality rendering which makes you wonder how that's possible on such a small device. PCs use graphics cards about as large as the handheld device to run Skyrim in such detail and that's not taking any other components like power supply or CPU into account.  There must be a catch surely?

You might find they've improved the rendering or something since the game is pretty old, I'm a bit sceptical as to how they might have made a portable gpu that's capable of running newly released ps4 and xbox one games though, it doesn't really make sense considering there's nothing existing on the market mobile wise that can do that

28 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

You might find they've improved the rendering or something since the game is pretty old, I'm a bit sceptical as to how they might have made a portable gpu that's capable of running newly released ps4 and xbox one games though, it doesn't really make sense considering there's nothing existing on the market mobile wise that can do that

Nvidia shield technology, probably has a 4g connection to the wireless "tablet" and the base holds all the power