Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

21 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

More stupid questions....

Do the controllers "charge" from the device (assuming it is connected via the charger?). Or do you have to charge the controllers seperately?

They charge when they are connected to the console, I always slot them back in and I have never known the controllers to have  low battery, but then I play a lot in handheld mode which charges the controllers from the switch's battery, until you can dock it again.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, IOWFOX said:

Picked one up on monday. What an awesome piece of kit. Going from playing on the tv to on the go seamlessly is very impressive.

Yet to hook it up to the tv, enjoying it far too much at the moment playing handheld ! Effin brilliant purchase. Well chuffed with it! 

Got the in laws over from Portugal staying for the week. My Mrs is asleep in my study on the sofa bed so can't play PS4 in there, her Mum has been using the main TV with the other PS4 to watch the ****ing Portuguese voice for the last 3 hours. Thinking if only I had a switch!

Edited by z-layrex

• 4 weeks later...

Got my son this for Christmas, with the pro controller and games. We have both been playing Mario Odyssey and Splatoon2.

He has only just picked up another present to play with! And the wife can still watch her programmes.

It was all a lot of money and we saved for months but it's the Best Christmas ever.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

massively recommend Celeste. probably one of the best platformers I've played - the level design is incredible and so is the soundtrack. 

also recently grabbed Crypt of the NecroDancer and Oxenfree - really enjoying both of those as well.

sold Zelda on eBay this week - played about 40 hours but got bored. I like open world exploration but **** me, the story was so threadbare and the enemies are all just variations of the first lot you come across. 

much prefer quick pick up and play games on the switch - so well suited to that type of game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mine was supposed to arrive today but only Skyrim has arrived. Ordered from Argos as it had Fifa 18 for free. I can’t believe it doesn’t support playing friends online, hopefully it’ll get patched but I won’t hold my breath. 

Looking forward picking up Mario, Dark Souls and finally playing Axiom Verge.

49 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Smash Bros announced. Set to come out this year. Gotta say, with Smash, Pokemon and Metroid in development, they really mean business. It definitely signals that the Switch isn’t just a year one flash in the pan. 

Cant wait for Smash Bros. Metroid is one of the reasons I brought a switch.

Funnily enough I moved a set of drawers last night and found Metroid Prime 3 underneath them. Was looking for it everywhere months ago. One of the best games I played on the Wii. Loved it

Think I'm tempted to finally bite and get one of these. 

Tesco have a deal with the Grey console, Mario Rabbids, comfort controller grip plus either Mario Kart or Mario Odyssey for £309. Thinking of Mario Kart and then ordering Odyssey for £35 from another website. The prices of Mario Kart etc tend to hold don't they so not sure I can see the price dropping much further. 

25 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

Think I'm tempted to finally bite and get one of these. 

Tesco have a deal with the Grey console, Mario Rabbids, comfort controller grip plus either Mario Kart or Mario Odyssey for £309. Thinking of Mario Kart and then ordering Odyssey for £35 from another website. The prices of Mario Kart etc tend to hold don't they so not sure I can see the price dropping much further. 

Mario Kart will never go down in price. Always holds its value. So I would defo say go for Mario Kart.

Mario Odyssey is brilliant. Really enjoyed playing it

• 1 month later...

Finally bit the bullet and got a second hand one off ebay, I mean with the library it has now it would be criminal not to.  Been playing Mario Kart all day and as soon as Odyssey arrives that'll be another few weeks accounted for.  Then there's the indie titles like Shovel Knight and Celeste and of course a new Smash and Pokemon coming up as well as the Dark Souls remaster.  Switch might well become the best Nintendo console ever, you could even make the argument that it already is.

I picked up Steam World Dig 2, Blossom Tales (a Zelda Link to the Past clone) and Portal Knights (a sort of Minecraft/Dragon Quest Builders RPG) from the store the other day.

The Switch is really awesome. Love that I can just slip it in my bag and have a blast for an hour at lunchtime at work.

16 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Finally bit the bullet and got a second hand one off ebay, I mean with the library it has now it would be criminal not to.  Been playing Mario Kart all day and as soon as Odyssey arrives that'll be another few weeks accounted for.  Then there's the indie titles like Shovel Knight and Celeste and of course a new Smash and Pokemon coming up as well as the Dark Souls remaster.  Switch might well become the best Nintendo console ever, you could even make the argument that it already is.

Odyssey is awesome, you will lose plenty of time to that.

Best Nintendo ever? Still a way to go to beat the N64 but then again that's nostalgia talking. Those early memories as a kid I don't think will ever be beaten. Pulling the sword out in the Temple of Time, smashing buildings in Blast Corps and destroying insects in Jet Force Gemini will never be beaten.

Saying that though if Smash Bros, Pokémon and even more so Metroid live upto the hype then it will certainly be up there.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Odyssey is awesome, you will lose plenty of time to that.

Best Nintendo ever? Still a way to go to beat the N64 but then again that's nostalgia talking. Those early memories as a kid I don't think will ever be beaten. Pulling the sword out in the Temple of Time, smashing buildings in Blast Corps and destroying insects in Jet Force Gemini will never be beaten.

Saying that though if Smash Bros, Pokémon and even more so Metroid live upto the hype then it will certainly be up there.

Jet Force Gemini was awesome - I'd forgotten all about that.

Feels like lots of titles are being added to the Switch now. World Tour Tennis looks interesting (I know that is multi platform though - probably just be £20 more expensive on the Switch!)

21 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Jet Force Gemini was awesome - I'd forgotten all about that.

Feels like lots of titles are being added to the Switch now. World Tour Tennis looks interesting (I know that is multi platform though - probably just be £20 more expensive on the Switch!)

Loads of games that people forget about and JFG is always one I like to remind people of. Same with games like Blast Corps, Space Station Silicon Valley and fighters destiny

16 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Loads of games that people forget about and JFG is always one I like to remind people of. Same with games like Blast Corps, Space Station Silicon Valley and fighters destiny

That is an incredibly charming game. Massively underrated as the other platform games offered that little bit more. And I love that you couldn’t complete it because of a bug :D 

Edited by VinceNoir

Having a bit of a lull in using my Switch, starting to get a bit bored of the repetitive nature of Mario, especially when you essentially have to do the whole thing again to collect extra moons.

As much grief as I may get for this, I just couldn't get into Zelda at all. I've not played a Zelda game since the Gameboy, so it may be part of it. But I just feel like it's TOO open and at no point is it really anyway hand holding, so I've just ended up being like "erm... What am I meant to do now?" so for a noob like me, it's no quite as accessible. I love the design and stuff, but I just can't get into it.

I've also got LA Noire, which I can't really have too much judgement about, as I feel like you really have to sit down and play for a while and I've just not really had the opportunity. 

And of course Mario Kart 8 is incredible for a group of friends to have some fun with. Whenever we have a few people round, they always want to play it. Shame that the controllers are so expensive, winner stays on ruins the fun, just a tad.

38 minutes ago, lcfcrinaldi said:

Having a bit of a lull in using my Switch, starting to get a bit bored of the repetitive nature of Mario, especially when you essentially have to do the whole thing again to collect extra moons.

As much grief as I may get for this, I just couldn't get into Zelda at all. I've not played a Zelda game since the Gameboy, so it may be part of it. But I just feel like it's TOO open and at no point is it really anyway hand holding, so I've just ended up being like "erm... What am I meant to do now?" so for a noob like me, it's no quite as accessible. I love the design and stuff, but I just can't get into it.

I've also got LA Noire, which I can't really have too much judgement about, as I feel like you really have to sit down and play for a while and I've just not really had the opportunity. 

And of course Mario Kart 8 is incredible for a group of friends to have some fun with. Whenever we have a few people round, they always want to play it. Shame that the controllers are so expensive, winner stays on ruins the fun, just a tad.

As a die hard Zelda fan I wasn't too impressed with BoTW. Just never felt like a proper Zelda game.

I haven't turned my switch on for ages, after I finished Mario 100% (which I loved) i'm waiting for a new game to grip me.

I played LA Noire when it originally came out and its decent, I would suggest sticking with that.

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

As a die hard Zelda fan I wasn't too impressed with BoTW. Just never felt like a proper Zelda game.

I haven't turned my switch on for ages, after I finished Mario 100% (which I loved) i'm waiting for a new game to grip me.

I played LA Noire when it originally came out and its decent, I would suggest sticking with that.

I felt the same about Zelda, but I'm trying to get back into it. I'm kind of trying to not think of it like a previous Zelda game, but it's difficult after 25 years or so of playing the same brilliant formula.

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I felt the same about Zelda, but I'm trying to get back into it. I'm kind of trying to not think of it like a previous Zelda game, but it's difficult after 25 years or so of playing the same brilliant formula.

It really was a massive let down. I still enjoyed the game but its all about the boss fights in a Zelda game and in BoTW they were all terrible.