Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Phube you've always been a Nintendo fan boy... is there anything similar to the Nintendo Wii family games coming out please? Im looking at getting a switch.

Depends on what you mean by family games. If you mean games every one can play I.e. Wii Sports, Wii play? Then a new Mario Party game is coming out. There is a 3rd party game out soon like Wii Sports resort called Go Vacation! 

Also standard Nintendo ‘family’ games like Mario Kart, Mario Tennis etc.

55 minutes ago, Phube said:

Depends on what you mean by family games. If you mean games every one can play I.e. Wii Sports, Wii play? Then a new Mario Party game is coming out. There is a 3rd party game out soon like Wii Sports resort called Go Vacation! 

Also standard Nintendo ‘family’ games like Mario Kart, Mario Tennis etc.

Yeah Wii Sports was the one for family shindigs. 

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yeah Wii Sports was the one for family shindigs. 

The Wii Sports of the Switch is 1-2 Switch; not as good, but quite clever and fun - about 20 mini 1vs1 challenges using the HD Rumble/motion feature of the JoyCons. 

34 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I bet Splatoon is a good family game. Ive never played it.

I would suggest Mario Party and Smash for family get togethers. Smash tournaments with the family are always fun.

Splatoon is great but from what I see of my kids playing it is more or less an online experience, rather than local multiplayer

Mario Party ticks the boxes, always good fun

Smash Bros - have never got the hang of this. have tried playing it with the boys but I can't get the hang of it!

32 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

quick question - the kids are after a gaming mic/headset for the switch (to be used mainly in docked mode). I can't see anywhere where a device plugs into the controller (like on PS4 for example). So how do I do this? Presumably a bluetooth/wireless type device is needed?

I think you can use the mobile phone app as a headset. Not quite sure. I know you can plug a headset into the switch itself but when docked then either it needs a long cable (which isn't ideal) or a Bluetooth headset.

The Switch doesn't have a Bluetooth connection setting directly in the switch so you need a transmitter.

https://www.imore.com/how-use-bluetooth-headphones-your-nintendo-switch

The link shows what I mean. Probably easier just using a wired headset with extra long cable if you can deal with the trailing cable across the floor.

* After a little research, you can use the smartphone app for voice chat. Whether that means you can plug in a headset to your phone I am not sure. It recommends for over 13 years old and you need the online subscription in order to use it. Sounds like a ball ache so probably stick with the headset 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I think you can use the mobile phone app as a headset. Not quite sure. I know you can plug a headset into the switch itself but when docked then either it needs a long cable (which isn't ideal) or a Bluetooth headset.

The Switch doesn't have a Bluetooth connection setting directly in the switch so you need a transmitter.

https://www.imore.com/how-use-bluetooth-headphones-your-nintendo-switch

The link shows what I mean. Probably easier just using a wired headset with extra long cable if you can deal with the trailing cable across the floor.

* After a little research, you can use the smartphone app for voice chat. Whether that means you can plug in a headset to your phone I am not sure. It recommends for over 13 years old and you need the online subscription in order to use it. Sounds like a ball ache so probably stick with the headset 

Thanks mate. I'll look into it

• 3 weeks later...

looking to buy a nintendo switch as i've come into a little bit of spare cash, my boss is willing to sell his as his kids aren't interested in it. he suggested to make him an offer, hes selling the console and 3 game bundle (mario kart, odessey and 1-2 switch) had a look on ebay and prices vary wildly just wondered what is a reasonable offer? £250, £275, £300 any help would be appreciated 

4 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

looking to buy a nintendo switch as i've come into a little bit of spare cash, my boss is willing to sell his as his kids aren't interested in it. he suggested to make him an offer, hes selling the console and 3 game bundle (mario kart, odessey and 1-2 switch) had a look on ebay and prices vary wildly just wondered what is a reasonable offer? £250, £275, £300 any help would be appreciated 

To buy that lot new would be over £400... 

But second hand... really depends on the seller? £250 would seem reasonable, especially as he has no use for it?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

My girlfriend has got me a Switch for Christmas, just wondering what the best local multiplayer games are for it?

Come Christmas it’ll probably be Super Smash Bros and Super Mario Party. There is also rocket league, fifa, mario kart. It depends what you’re after really, there are all sorts on the eShop. 

On 29/11/2018 at 16:15, kingcarr21 said:

Ive started playing a game called Earthworms. A point and click game that reminds me of Monkey Island.

A bit weird but interesting at the same time. Think it only cost me 99p.

Yeah I quite liked the demo, got stuck though. Check out Grim Fandango if you never played it, one of the best point and clicks ever.