Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VinceNoir

Nintendo Switch

Enjoy your weekend in Hyrule Phube! :)

I am probably (the Zelda reviews are slowly changing my mind though) going to wait until christmas and Mario to get a Switch. I rarely have the time to play long epic games like Zelda these days so didn't pre-order with Zelda looking like the only game, I really wanted to try.

• Like 1

Not really played it in handheld mode very often. But I managed to get 2 hours in last night of Zelda with no issue...

Its a full 3D Zelda, with awesome graphics, on a hand held... weird?!?

On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 10:03, MC Prussian said:

How happy are you guys with the battery life? For how long does a 100% last?

I played it in bed for roughly 2 hours this morning and the battery was on 43% when I was done. 

The only time I'd play handheld for more than 2-3 hours would be on a long flight, but I'd have a powerbank on me then anyway so can't see the battery life becoming too much of a hindrance. 

14 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I was reading about this earlier today.  

Surely there are protectors available on amazon for the screen?

Boom!  £9.99.  As with any touch display, buy a screen protector.  Seems a sensible precaution.  

It shouldn't be an issue in the first place though. 

It seems to me with the issues that have been reported that they have rushed this out, the whole dock scratching the screen should have been noticed with proper testing and easily solved and the whole left joy con issue where the receiver is in a different place to the right one. Did they not test this thing before launch? Not replacing ones with dead pixel's is annoying too. I want one to use as a handheld with mainly wanting to play the big 3rd party games on the go so it annoys the hell out of me when stuff like is reported

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, toddybad said:

What on earth is everybody doing with their brand new doorstop once they've played zelda?

Fortunately, Zelda is massive and will keep me occupied for ages ;) Then Mario Kart soon followed by Zelda DLC and Super Mario Odyssey.

To be fair they've a decent set of games planned for release throughout the year. Splatoon 2 will probably be a big hit and ARMS is another major title they are pushing. Personally, I'm not particularly excited for either, but will possibly give Splatoon a go. 

On 12/04/2017 at 19:19, toddybad said:

What on earth is everybody doing with their brand new doorstop once they've played zelda?

That's what's put me off getting one. I've had most Nintendo consoles at launch until the Switch. I'm not going to play arms or splatoon most likely or wii u re-hashes, and I'm not sure how I feel about Mario Odyssey yet, although it's a mario game so it'll probably be great.

Im hoping for some big announcements at E3. Feel like a right negative Nintendo Nancy!

1 hour ago, Uncle Phil said:

That's what's put me off getting one. I've had most Nintendo consoles at launch until the Switch. I'm not going to play arms or splatoon most likely or wii u re-hashes, and I'm not sure how I feel about Mario Odyssey yet, although it's a mario game so it'll probably be great.

Im hoping for some big announcements at E3. Feel like a right negative Nintendo Nancy!

TBH I've only ever owned the N64 and Wii from Nintendo. 

Just seems to me they put everything on 1x good zelda game, 1x mario kart and 1x decent mario game every single gen.

Can't see any real reason to purchase - although i guess use as a tablet for proper games but not really as a console to compete with my ps4

• 3 weeks later...

They need to get streaming apps like Netflix and Amazon on the switch. I have a ps4 pro in my study and my old ps4 in the living room being used for some gaming still but mostly streaming. If I could replace that with a switch it would be perfect, but I cannot justify another console to my Mrs until I can replace the old ps4 with a switch.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

On 03/05/2017 at 10:01, z-layrex said:

They need to get streaming apps like Netflix and Amazon on the switch. I have a ps4 pro in my study and my old ps4 in the living room being used for some gaming still but mostly streaming. If I could replace that with a switch it would be perfect, but I cannot justify another console to my Mrs until I can replace the old ps4 with a switch.

What is her issue with another console? It is surprisingly small and takes up very little space, I play on mine more as a handheld gaming device than on the TV. It is actually great with the missus, if she comes home and I'm playing on Zelda on the TV I just slot in the controllers and play it as a handheld game so she can watch TV.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2017 at 10:18, Captain... said:

What is her issue with another console? It is surprisingly small and takes up very little space, I play on mine more as a handheld gaming device than on the TV. It is actually great with the missus, if she comes home and I'm playing on Zelda on the TV I just slot in the controllers and play it as a handheld game so she can watch TV.

I'm tempted to buy one for exactly that reason, it's hard to get on my PS4 at times due to the main TVs being taken over by the mrs shows so this is tempting me big time. 

Need to play the handheld though as I'm interested how good the controls are.