Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Simpson

2 hours ago, shailen said:

Outstanding performance, another player that went under the radar last season but you can see how much he adds to our team, especially when Hernandez plays there.

I've been really surprised with the positive posts regarding Hernandez. I don't like running down any of our players but its clear he is not a right back.

Awful today. Don't see how anyone thinks otherwise.

He had a decent couple games, so I avoided posting in here. He has been vastly overrated by our fans playing in a system that has helped him, but the system hasn't really been working anyway, and yet people are still praising him for making one good tackle or sending a couple crosses out for a corner via his head. He's not a good footballer.

10 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Awful today. Don't see how anyone thinks otherwise.

He had a decent couple games, so I avoided posting in here. He has been vastly overrated by our fans playing in a system that has helped him, but the system hasn't really been working anyway, and yet people are still praising him for making one good tackle or sending a couple crosses out for a corner via his head. He's not a good footballer.

He was good today, just like the poster prior to you stated. 

The lad is always in his opponents face no matter who he is up against and barely gives them a second to breathe. 

In my opinion he was one of a small number of players who could be happy with their performance today. 

I'm surprised anyone thought he was particularly bad today. Where he let us down was in failing to offer Mahrez the overlap, or being willing to swing the ball in from time to time himself, but defensively he was good. But I've spent so much time today annoyed with Drinkwater, King, Musa, Gray, Slimani, Okazaki that I'd almost forgotten that our defensive display was alright.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest CityFan 06

I think he shaded man of the match today.

Terrific performance and defending up against Stoke's left hand side.

• 1 month later...
Guest CityFan 06

Wanted to give him some notice for another top performance today.

Very much like him as our RB, feel assured with his solidity. Our most consistent player.

Simpson will never set the world on fire because he's just a normal right back with no attacking qualities really.

But question is when was the last time this guy made a mistake on the pitch? 

Doesnt happen very often does it!

Certainly he's popular with the ladies, but comes across as really dull. Whenever he's asked for an opinion, his answer is "I can't really say". He's going to be asked how we won the league after the ads. Let's see what great insight he can offer. Great player for us non the less.

• 3 weeks later...

Simpson deserves credit for this year. I think he's become a better player by cutting out a lot of the mistakes. He still makes em but not as frequently as before when he used to be remembered for them rather than the good things he did. 

Archived