Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

UFC ...

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Little wobble that’s all ...   :)

Conor has a fire hydrant for a chin. That hit could've KO'ed others stiff. 

As an old fan you know exactly that an Overhand is a wrestler's best friend lol

Edited by the fox

1 minute ago, the fox said:

Conor has a firehiderent for a chin. That hit could've KO'ed others stiff. 

As an old fan you know exactly that an Overhand is a wrestler's best friend lol

Who’s fire ? ...   and why did he hide the rent ??   ....    

He’ll get evicted if he doesn’t watch out ! ...    ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Really do wonder how McGregor lasted so long with Mayweather when you see how easy is he to hit, you'd be laughed at in a boxing ring if you tagged by a wild right like that. 

Totally disagree there, matt. The takedown is such a big threat that you are finding yourself playing a game of chicken. You flinch and you are done. 

Just watch the gif I posted and keep you reyes on Khabib's shoulders and you can notice a feint that Conor reacted to. Conor uses his right to read his apponents and manage distence and Khabib did a great job of countering him. 

Put mayweather on the octagon with Conor and Conor will eat his lunch. 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Who’s fire ? ...   and why did he hide the rent ??   ....    

He’ll get evicted if he doesn’t watch out ! ...    ;)

Didn't fix it fast enough lol

But in other news, Khabib is threatening to never fight in the UFC again because one of his friends got.... fired? By the UFC for what happened. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Yes mate.  I've watched it every week since the McGregor fight.  I'll be watching 231 tomorrow no doubt.  So much more entertaining than overhyped boxing as well. 

Watch Jon Jones vs Gustafsson in preparation for their rematch. If you haven’t seen it then I would highly recommend it, great fight and should get you super hyped for the second fight later this month. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, the fox said:

dr-evil-crying1.gif

You've made a good decision, my friend. 

Tbh Foxy I used to watch UFC all the time when it started ...   it was fookin brutal and made A Clockwork Orange look like a kids tea party ...   a group of us were going to go stateside to watch one of the events but something happened and we didn’t go in the end.   Royce Gracie was one of my favourites ...    I used to do quite a bit of judo and that man made it look easy ...   unbeatable on his day. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I used to do quite a bit of judo

You were already scary enough with your dogs and knives, Country lol

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

a group of us were going to go stateside to watch one of the events but something happened and we didn’t go in the end.

I remember us two talking about this but I don't think you ever told me about the reason you lost interest. 

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Royce Gracie was one of my favourites ...    I used to do quite a bit of judo and that man made it look easy ...   unbeatable on his day

Wait, wasn't the gracies a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu family? But I know what you mean. 

47 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Long time no see @the fox 

How are doing, mate? Hopefully everything is good. :)

should be a great fight tonight.

They should bubble-wrap my boy Max so he can make it to the fight in good shape lol

I think Ortega will take it though

You never know with that guy. 10 seconds can be the difference between him getting lit-up By Max and winning by some crazy submission Tony-style. 

Don’t mind who wins as I like them both though to be honest. 

I really want Max to win. It has been a tough year for him. 

Edited by the fox

3 hours ago, the fox said:

How are doing, mate? Hopefully everything is good. :)

They should bubble-wrap my boy Max so he can make it to the fight in good shape lol

You never know with that guy. 10 seconds can be the difference between him getting lit-up By Max and winning by some crazy submission Tony-style. 

I really want Max to win. It has been a tough year for him. 

I’m good cheers mate how are you? 

lol he’s made it this far so I’m hopeful however until the cage gets locked and the fight starts I’m not going to allow myself to get too drawn in haha

No doubt, and if Holloway starts fast and really puts the pressure on that could cause major problems as Ortega can start quite slow, but if he grows into the fight I think he’ll take it. Hopefully not by knockout though. 

To be honest I think he’ll get a rematch straight away if he loses and as I’m expecting a great fight they’ll probably make them fight again anyway :dunno: 

Ortega has previously said though if he was to move up a weight class though he’d fight khabib because style wise he has his number so who knows if they see a lot to be made there (although it most definitely wouldn’t happen for a while) 

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I’m good cheers mate how are you

Good to hear. Thanks for asking, mate. I'm doing good. 

No doubt, and if Holloway starts fast and really puts the pressure on that could cause major problems as Ortega can start quite slow, but if he grows into the fight I think he’ll take it. Hopefully not by knockout though. 

Hopefully Max doesn't get hit like Frank did. That was nasty and Max's brain is already got too much damage. 

To be honest I think he’ll get a rematch straight away if he loses and as I’m expecting a great fight they’ll probably make them fight again anyway :dunno:

Imo, a win for Max will mean Ortego will go up. And Ortega's win will possibly make Max go up. Eather way, the Lightweight division is getting even better. But I think with flyweight going away soon, a new 165lb division will come into play with fighters like Khabib, Tony, Lee going up and Cowboy, RDA, Colby.. Etc moving down from the division that will soon be 175lb.

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Ortega has previously said though if he was to move up a weight class though he’d fight khabib because style wise he has his number so who knows if they see a lot to be made there (although it most definitely wouldn’t happen for a while) 

Lol everyone thinks that until they step into the octagon with that man. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, the fox said:

Good to hear. Thanks for asking, mate. I'm doing good. 

Hopefully Max doesn't get hit like Frank did. That was nasty and Max's brain is already got too much damage. 

Imo, a win for Max will mean Ortego will go up. And Ortega's win will possibly make Max go up. Eather way, the Lightweight division is getting even better. But I think with flyweight going away soon, a new 165lb division will come into play with fighters like Khabib, Tony, Lee going up and Cowboy, RDA, Colby.. Etc moving down from the division that will soon be 175lb.

Lol everyone thinks that until they step into the octagon with that man. 

Good man! 

To to be honest I think they’re both gonna eat heavy shots, if they both survive early trades then we could be in for a real long back and forth. 

The 165 division will be really really interesting at the start, a lot of people will be claiming they should have the first title shot. What do you think, Connor vs Nate 3 for the title? :ph34r:

lol couldn’t agree more. Anyone that tries fighting khabib soon realises he’s just on another level totally. He’s ridiculous. 

if they both survive early trades then we could be in for a real long back and forth. 

Max is a volume puncher and seeing how he struggled this year and the Edgar KO, I would be very careful if I was him. 

The 165 division will be really really interesting

It really is, isnt it? The 15-pound jump from 155 to 170 Is just too much. You got people killing themselves like Till, Woodley.. Etc in the WW division to make weight and fighters like Lee and Khabib who are too big for 155 and the other fairly small WW like Colby and RDA at a disadvantage (RDA was a champ at 155). 165 and 175 just make too much sense. Hope Dana gives us what we want. 

Connor vs Nate 3 for the title? 

Not a bad match up, if you want to kill Conor lol Diaz is one thing, but a Khabib at 165 would finish the irishmen. And let us not talk about the good WW going down. But imagine the headlines that Conor would make as a 3 division champ? 3 titles, not title defence lol

Plus, can I intrest you in a Khabib vs GSP at 165?

Btw, it's good to have someone that I can talk to about a sport I really like. Thanks, Arty. :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the fox said:

Max is a volume puncher and seeing how he struggled this year and the Edgar KO, I would be very careful if I was him. 

It really is, isnt it? The 15-pound jump from 155 to 170 Is just too much. You got people killing themselves like Till, Woodley.. Etc in the WW division to make weight and fighters like Lee and Khabib who are too big for 155 and the other fairly small WW like Colby and RDA at a disadvantage (RDA was a champ at 155). 165 and 175 just make too much sense. Hope Dana gives us what we want. 

Not a bad match up, if you want to kill Conor lol Diaz is one thing, but a Khabib at 165 would finish the irishmen. And let us not talk about the good WW going down. But imagine the headlines that Conor would make as a 3 division champ? 3 titles, not title defence lol

Plus, can I intrest you in a Khabib vs GSP at 165?

Btw, it's good to have someone that I can talk to about a sport I really like. Thanks, Arty. :thumbup:

It’s crazy how young Holloway is really because he’s been around for a while now lol he’s the champion fighting the young up and a comer who’s actually older than he is. But the miles he’s taken tell. Just hope at the end of it they’re both ok. 

It’s the only thing that makes sense as much as Dana keeps denying it I think we all know it’s going to happen. There’s so many fighters that you could put in there that it would really be a stacked division. If Khabib and Tony finally face off after the 6th attempt I wouldn’t mind seeing Mcgregor vs Diaz for the 165 title with the winner of Khabib and Tony fighting then for the 165 title. I could see it happening purely because it’ll make the ufc loads of money. As soon as Colby fights woodley though his career is done. 

I would love khabib vs GSP. It would be an insane match up. 

Like wise foxy! Thank you!! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It’s crazy how young Holloway is really because he’s been around for a while now lol he’s the champion fighting the young up and a comer who’s actually older than he is. But the miles he’s taken tell. Just hope at the end of it they’re both ok. 

Ortega got a chin, I can tell you that much. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the fox said:

Lol

3 losses back-to-back is nasty. Rose really did a job on her. 

I’ll give her credit that her faith in herself as the goat of women’s MMA wasn’t effected by the losses to Thug Rose I’m taking the fight against the woman she couldn’t beat in Muay Thai but man she’s delusional. Interested to see where she goes from here really. She is a phenomenal striker but it seems the blue print to beat her has been found.