The Figueiredo fight was crazy, to be fair both guys dished out some punishment and it was a shame about the nut shot that pretty much brought about the draw. He’s a big flyweight though so standing up to his power is impressive. Can only have been 3 weeks or so since his last fight wasn’t it and he was ill in between.  

I don’t know where Ferguson goes from here, he’s taken a lot of damage in his career and I know it’s only 2 fights but doesn’t seem quite the same fighter at the minute. And that arm bar at the end of the first, saved by the bell or what! It’s a bit like Tyrone Woodley, since he beat Till he just seemed really passive and has lost his last three I think. 

On 18/12/2020 at 16:04, Uncle Phil said:

I don’t know where Ferguson goes from here, he’s taken a lot of damage in his career and I know it’s only 2 fights but doesn’t seem quite the same fighter at the minute. And that arm bar at the end of the first, saved by the bell or what! It’s a bit like Tyrone Woodley, since he beat Till he just seemed really passive and has lost his last three I think. 

I think Fergusons done at the top level at 155. It may be only 2 defeats but the nature of them wasnt great. Gaetje really beat him to a pulp and Oliviera absolutely took him to the cleaners on the ground (which I think shows he would have been mauled by Khabib if hed got his title shot). His age counts against him too as hes a fair bit older than the best in that division. Maybe he could move up to welterweight where the pace isnt as furious and age is less a factor as demonstrated by 38 year old Wonderboy wiping the floor with Geoff Neal last saturday.

On 23/12/2020 at 15:46, Gubbins said:

I think Fergusons done at the top level at 155. It may be only 2 defeats but the nature of them wasnt great. Gaetje really beat him to a pulp and Oliviera absolutely took him to the cleaners on the ground (which I think shows he would have been mauled by Khabib if hed got his title shot). His age counts against him too as hes a fair bit older than the best in that division. Maybe he could move up to welterweight where the pace isnt as furious and age is less a factor as demonstrated by 38 year old Wonderboy wiping the floor with Geoff Neal last saturday.

Tony is no welterweight. It wouldn't even be a contest with the top class calibre that division has. 

• 3 weeks later...

Holloway's fight was a thing of beauty.  lol

Fantastic way to start the year.  The guy is clearly on a mission to get his title back.  Absolutely superb from the get go and came at Kattar at a pace I've never ever seen before over the 5 rounds.  Incredible.

40 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Anyone watching the prelims of tonights card at the minute? 

Yes currently got my virgin tv go in the corner at work. this Perez v Lungiambula fight is cracking. 

20 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Yes currently got my virgin tv go in the corner at work. this Perez v Lungiambula fight is cracking. 

As is this sumudareji vs adashev.  Thought adashev was done for a second then 

27 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

First time i've watched UFC and it is brutal....watched the match with the Australian lad before the Mcregor fight and in boxing if youre on the floor you just stop hitting!

Yea but in boxing if you are on the floor, they give you 10 seconds and put you back in to get more brain damage. In MMA if you are done they stop it.

Edited by dominicmsb
15 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Yea but in boxing if you are on the floor, they give you 10 seconds and put you back in to get more brain damage. In MMA if you are done they stop it.

Fair point...but the lad in the bout i saw was really out ,then the punches kept on coming in!

Mcgregor was unluxky he was stinging Dustin in that first round. Dustin did brilliant with the leg kicks thoug. Mcgregor needs to stop just trying to box. Where did his leg kicks go. Brilliant fight 

7 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Fair point...but the lad in the bout i saw was really out ,then the punches kept on coming in!

The ref was hesitant to jump in a little bit but thats because hooker started scrambling for a leg at one point. Looked like he'd just about survived and was moving before just curling up. There were a couple of moments where he started defending as the ref was about to jump in but he just kept getting tagged.

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Mcgregor was unluxky he was stinging Dustin in that first round. Dustin did brilliant with the leg kicks thoug. Mcgregor needs to stop just trying to box. Where did his leg kicks go. Brilliant fight 

Amazing by poirer. After he realised he could take mcgregors shots at this weight he was so much looser. He slipped about 5 punches in a row before he started bombing mcgregor. 

Great fight.