Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GazzinderFox

PS4 vs Xbox One

Yawn.  EAs E3 presentation was a borefest from start to finish.

Summed up by that Anthem game.  Apart from looking like a pretty Ironman simulator, it just came across as a Destiny clone.  Oh and it releases on the same date as Days Gone.  Huge mistake.

Could be the beginning of the end for Bioware.  Never been the same since ME2.

Anybody know how to manually eject a stuck disc in an XBOX One X? :D

The XBOX One S trick with counting the holes on the side doesn't work and I don't know whether it's the small hole on the left side of my XBOX One X, just underneath the disc drive level up front, or not.

Paper clip technique doesn't seem to be working.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Found it. Bit finnicky.

Edited by MC Prussian

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Assassins Creed Origins + speech options just about sums up what I've seen of AC: Odyssey.

E3 so far minus a couple of decent announcements has been pretty dull.

tbh its all been pretty dull so far, nothing really of a surprise either....except maybe MS buying some studios(Ninja Theory being one).....thats about it tbh

Edited by FrankieADZ

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Is this a wind-up?  You cannot possibly be serious.  lol

The XBOX one X will take over not to mention the new generation console coming in 2020. 

The tables will turn and Xbox will be number 1 again.

Edited by Ashley

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Xbox will soon again be ruling the roost. PS fanboys won't be happy lol

What makes you say that?

Xbox was by far better than PS in the '360 era (and I personally preferred the Xbox to the PS2). However the Xbone is awful, and their games have stagnated. I have an Xbox One, but I'm far less happy with it than I was with the '360, for a multitude of reasons.

I don't care for fanboyism - I have no loyalty to one Microsoft or Sony - but PS4 clearly has the upper hand at the moment, and nothing I've seen has lead me to believe that will change in the near future.

7 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

What makes you say that?

Xbox was by far better than PS in the '360 era (and I personally preferred the Xbox to the PS2). However the Xbone is awful, and their games have stagnated. I have an Xbox One, but I'm far less happy with it than I was with the '360, for a multitude of reasons.

I don't care for fanboyism - I have no loyalty to one Microsoft or Sony - but PS4 clearly has the upper hand at the moment, and nothing I've seen has lead me to believe that will change in the near future.

That's the bottom line - nothing more boring than people crusading in support of one console or another. Fanboys of both consoles are absolute sad acts unfortunately

28 minutes ago, Guest said:

That's the bottom line - nothing more boring than people crusading in support of one console or another. Fanboys of both consoles are absolute sad acts unfortunately

They are but it seems Microsoft have upped and are upping their game further. Personally don't see the the consoles lasting much longer but we shall see.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got to face two weeks without the Internet before fibre is installed in my flat. I've fancied getting a PlayStation for a while with last of us 2 coming up, plus I really want to play Horizon.

I'm tempted to go and buy a PS4 Horizon bundle tomorrow but then it occurred to me, whilst I'm sure a ps4 is usable without an Internet connection, will I be able to boot up the console and the game (physical copy obviously) for the first time whilst offline or will some set up require a connection?

If the latter, will this be one time only? Or every time I play? If once only I could potentially take the console to a friends for an hour to set up. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've got to face two weeks without the Internet before fibre is installed in my flat. I've fancied getting a PlayStation for a while with last of us 2 coming up, plus I really want to play Horizon.

I'm tempted to go and buy a PS4 Horizon bundle tomorrow but then it occurred to me, whilst I'm sure a ps4 is usable without an Internet connection, will I be able to boot up the console and the game (physical copy obviously) for the first time whilst offline or will some set up require a connection?

If the latter, will this be one time only? Or every time I play? If once only I could potentially take the console to a friends for an hour to set up. 

you will need to download the latest update, connect to psn and patch the game i expect

54 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Other option is Switch and Zelda, same questions. 

Same story as with the PS4, still have to have the connectivity to patch the game ect... But it will be easier to take to a friends to connect to their Wi-fi and do ti that way, just to get it set up.

I'm not sure why this thread persists.

Play on what you want.

I had a x360 then a ps4. Think I made the right call both times. Have to say that ps has much better exclusives though. 

Though the Scorpio (yes I know outs not called that now) is clearly huge in terms of numbers, the damage was already done this gen.

Personally can't see myself swapping back unless ms get better first party exclusives. I can't imagine a world without naughty dog these days!

It's not really a war though. If you want to buy ms buy ms. Not sure why anybody would get triggered by somebody else's choice of console.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Other option is Switch and Zelda, same questions. 

theres every chance you will be able to buy a console and play a game on it without ever needing internet, but theres an equal or higher chance it will at least need to connect once, during set up. i would get the console, go round your mates for a bit, set it up, patch the games and you will be all set. enjoy horizon by the way, its amazing, and get Detroit as well.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, potter3 said:

If there's no internet connection, how will it know there's a patch or update to be applied

well it wont, smart arse, but what if the firmware isnt up to date and causes a conflict with the game disc?

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Horizon will need an update for sure. 

If I was you I would go for the edition that includes The Frozen Wilds though - you might get lucky and not require an update with this copy of the game rather than the standalone edition.  I'm not sure.

However, the best game on PS4 can surely wait another two weeks?  ;)  Alternatively, take it somewhere to update - I would, it's worth the trip, the game is superb.

On 14/07/2018 at 19:38, Legend_in_blue said:

Horizon will need an update for sure. 

If I was you I would go for the edition that includes The Frozen Wilds though - you might get lucky and not require an update with this copy of the game rather than the standalone edition.  I'm not sure.

However, the best game on PS4 can surely wait another two weeks?  ;)  Alternatively, take it somewhere to update - I would, it's worth the trip, the game is superb.

It is very good, I like it. 

Only a couple of small criticisms, the camera is probably only a 7/10 but then that's one of the hardest things to get right in any 3rd person action game. Especially with such quick moving enemies, tbf. 

Other flaw is they went full ubisoft which is very disappointing. Bandit camps, radar giraffes, flower, text and trophy collectables all over the place, corrupted zones, etc. Really, really unnecessary and lazy game design. The corrupted zones can be a fun challenge depending on the robot type at least. 

Otherwise its very good, yeah. Good graphics, good world, good narrative and good (machine) combat (vs humans is a bit average.)

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It is very good, I like it. 

Only a couple of small criticisms, the camera is probably only a 7/10 but then that's one of the hardest things to get right in any 3rd person action game. Especially with such quick moving enemies, tbf. 

Other flaw is they went full ubisoft which is very disappointing. Bandit camps, radar giraffes, flower, text and trophy collectables all over the place, corrupted zones, etc. Really, really unnecessary and lazy game design. The corrupted zones can be a fun challenge depending on the robot type at least. 

Otherwise its very good, yeah. Good graphics, good world, good narrative and good (machine) combat (vs humans is a bit average.)

the radar giraffes are rare, and some are pretty damn tough to get to. i had fun with them

On 13/07/2018 at 20:46, Finnegan said:

It'll play straight off the bat, it just won't be the most refined version of the game. Aside from Elite Dangerous, not had a single game that needs internet connection. I used mine for weeks without one.

• 3 weeks later...