Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

WWE

13 hours ago, Firegrande said:

Grown men watching wresting ?

Wow

It's sports entertainment man. I have serious doubts anyone here doesn't realise it's scripted, but some people find it fun and entertaining. It's a mix of promo monologue/dialogue, athleticism and action, what's wrong with it?

If you watched Die Hard and one of your friends walked in and said "Wow, watching men run around pretending to shoot each other, how pathetic" you'd probably tell them they're being pretentious weirdos, much like most people on this thread think of you right now.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

It's sports entertainment man. I have serious doubts anyone here doesn't realise it's scripted, but some people find it fun and entertaining. It's a mix of promo monologue/dialogue, athleticism and action, what's wrong with it?

If you watched Die Hard and one of your friends walked in and said "Wow, watching men run around pretending to shoot each other, how pathetic" you'd probably tell them they're being pretentious weirdos, much like most people on this thread think of you right now.

Comparing the film die hard and wrestling 

Heard it all now ?

Just now, Firegrande said:

Comparing the film die hard and wrestling 

Heard it all now ?

They're two scripted, action-narrated products.

Do you refuse to watch PG films because they're not for 'grown men'? 

You're the only one not acting like a grown man here bud lol

• Like 1

Come on Finno, he's on the troll. The two most predictable posts on social media/forums around this time of year from UK males... criticising wrestling and people criticising american football.

I never did answer your post from weeks ago! I have to admit I'm just a huge casual fan now. I watch loads of attitude era clips on YT and follow it from afar now. I'm not hugely into the in-ring action (though I do love a good match!) so other brands aren't really something I tend to seek out or give much time to. I think mainly I'm interested in the history, too, especially the attitude era and the Monday Night Wars, and especially as I wasn't old enough ever to remember or appreciate it.

Anyone staying up for the Rumble, or downloading it like me for Monday evening viewing? The OH loves Rumble and WM time too, bonus!

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Come on Finno, he's on the troll. The two most predictable posts on social media/forums around this time of year from UK males... criticising wrestling and people criticising american football.

I never did answer your post from weeks ago! I have to admit I'm just a huge casual fan now. I watch loads of attitude era clips on YT and follow it from afar now. I'm not hugely into the in-ring action (though I do love a good match!) so other brands aren't really something I tend to seek out or give much time to. I think mainly I'm interested in the history, too, especially the attitude era and the Monday Night Wars, and especially as I wasn't old enough ever to remember or appreciate it.

Anyone staying up for the Rumble, or downloading it like me for Monday evening viewing? The OH loves Rumble and WM time too, bonus!

Going to a bar to watch it theres a few showing it in town so will pick one and have a few pints and a laugh with other wrestling fans happy days

On 21 January 2017 at 17:14, kingfox said:

Yep a very wide open Rumble this year. Four strong candidates for me though.

Undertaker - Current favourite, could lead to a retirement match at Mania'.

Strowman - Wouldn't be surprised if they go down this route as Vince loves his big men, too early for him though, Reigns vs Strowman, hell no!

Balor - A return from injury wouldn't be surprising, not his biggest fan but it would be an interesting move and somewhat fresh.

Samoa Joe - Everyone is expecting him to debut at the Rumble, done great work in NXT, a solid reliable choice who can easily produce a high quality match at Mania'.

Pretty sure the Wyatt's will fvck each other over, Triple H costs Rollins and Lesnar & Goldberg eliminate each other, hope one of those two don't win it, would be as bad as Strowman winning it.

anu Decent streams? Z

16 hours ago, TK95 said:

All that build-up and such an anticlimax :thumbdown:

The Royal Rumble could have been so much more this year

Roman didn't deserve to be in the RR match, he already lost a Universal title match earlier in the PPV. Thank god that Orton eliminated him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamafox said:

Roman didn't deserve to be in the RR match, he already lost a Universal title match earlier in the PPV. Thank god that Orton eliminated him.

I just don't understand what was the point of bringing Lesnar, Goldberg and Undertaker back when neither of them came anywhere near to winning. All that hype...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TK95 said:

I just don't understand what was the point of bringing Lesnar, Goldberg and Undertaker back when neither of them came anywhere near to winning. All that hype...

exactly what i said, 2 or 3 months of build up since SS and they still run a Roman Reigns story to kill off any buzz. Also not enough surprise entrants at all. 

The UK lad Jack Gallagher being eliminated and flying out with an umbrella killed me tho.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2017 at 22:54, TK95 said:

To be honest, Goldberg and Undertaker need to retire. Lesnar should either be a full time WWE wrestler or a full time MMA fighter, I can't stand him leaving and returning to WWE every few months.

16 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Who ended up winning the royal rumble??

Randy Orton, possibly the safest RR pick you could take lol 

The Rumble itself seemed so poor. One guy from outside the current roster, and he was from NXT. The biggest pull of the Rumble is you'll get a new superstar, and/or the return of some legends. I used to pay attention to WWE around Royal Rumble time even when I stopped watching because you knew an old face would pop up for that blast of nostalgia. The biggest surprise this year was the total lack of suprises, by far one of the most rigid Rumbles yet with one of the safest winner, Roman Reigns at 30 was the cherry on the turd.

Goldberg/Lesnar was interesting, although it seems to be heading up for a big Lesnar win at Wrestlemania, which I couldn't want any less lol  

In other news, the winner of the UK Championship Tournament, Tyler Bate made his NXT debut:

There was talk of a UK Division from Triple H during the tournament, is this simply to show off the assets they have ahead of it's formation whilst the groundwork is laid out? I'd suspect so.

The reason the big guns were in the Rumble match was to set up their matches for Mania and obviously draw more buys for the Rumble PPV. Certainly disappointed with the lack of surprise entrants. I was disappointed with Orton winning too (though had been rumoured) but the more I think about it, with the rumours being what they are for the Universal title match at Mania - they had to have a Smackdown winner. Maybe Wyatt would've been better but we'll see what happens, can't be Cena v Orton again surely. 

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

Randy Orton, possibly the safest RR pick you could take lol 

The Rumble itself seemed so poor. One guy from outside the current roster, and he was from NXT. The biggest pull of the Rumble is you'll get a new superstar, and/or the return of some legends. I used to pay attention to WWE around Royal Rumble time even when I stopped watching because you knew an old face would pop up for that blast of nostalgia. The biggest surprise this year was the total lack of suprises, by far one of the most rigid Rumbles yet with one of the safest winner, Roman Reigns at 30 was the cherry on the turd.

Goldberg/Lesnar was interesting, although it seems to be heading up for a big Lesnar win at Wrestlemania, which I couldn't want any less lol  

So uninspiring!

It was interesting to watch the Rumble and not knowing so many of the entrants. The one thing I'm glad is that the crowds seemed to react well to a lot of the guys. Felt a lot of the spots were wasted though as they came out and did exactly the same thing. Lack of surprises was really disappointing, and then #30 came out I was miffed. Reaction videos on YouTube are golden though. Felt like an intentional troll of wrestling fans!

Can't say I enjoyed it too much.

Do you think they've built Goldberg/Lesnar well? They've fought for the sum total of about two minutes in their face off and Goldberg has come back a monster. It feels like an ideal set-up for a WM match (which might actually be marginally better than WM XX.)

So we have

Goldberg/Lesnar

Rollins/Undertaker

Orton/Wyatt

Cena/????

This is the rumoured WM 33 card:

• WWE Universal Championship: Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
  • WWE Championship: Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton
  • Raw Women’s Championship: Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
  • Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (most likely for the United States Championship)
  • Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker
  • Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
  • AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
  • Mixed Tag Team Match: John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
  • Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal
  • Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

On 03/02/2017 at 23:12, iamafox said:

This is the rumoured WM 33 card:

• WWE Universal Championship: Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
  • WWE Championship: Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton
  • Raw Women’s Championship: Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
  • Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (most likely for the United States Championship)
  • Roman Reigns vs. The Undertaker
  • Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
  • AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon
  • Mixed Tag Team Match: John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
  • Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal
  • Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Hope Takers lasting legacy (surely this has got to be his last Mania) isn't that of trying to get Roman Reigns over with the fans! 

That would be worse than him losing the streak 

Goldberg v Lesnar doesn't need the title and two part-timers fighting over it may invoke a bad reaction like their last WM match. Balor is due to return around March, have heard he may face KO for the title. Guess we'll get a good impression of what's happening after Fast Lane.

7 hours ago, Libertine said:

Goldberg v Lesnar doesn't need the title and two part-timers fighting over it may invoke a bad reaction like their last WM match. Balor is due to return around March, have heard he may face KO for the title. Guess we'll get a good impression of what's happening after Fast Lane.

Hoping big time for a Lesnar interference, if so it'll likely be the first time he'll get one over on Goldberg, hit him with the F-5 and even up the score somewhat.

On 09/02/2017 at 12:49, sk3since03 said:

Hope Takers lasting legacy (surely this has got to be his last Mania) isn't that of trying to get Roman Reigns over with the fans! 

That would be worse than him losing the streak 

I wouldn't be surprised if Taker puts him over, but can you imagine how much more heat Reigns would get if he wins?

5 hours ago, iamafox said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Taker puts him over, but can you imagine how much more heat Reigns would get if he wins?

Kind of hope that they finally take this opportunity to turn Reigns into an uber heel.

Reigns cheats to win then low blows and powerbombs Taker through the announce table etc.