Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

WWE

3 hours ago, Ross-Kemp said:

To be fair, anywhere in the stands at Nottingham is a good seat.

What a missed opportunity by WWE, they could have had Cena beat 'Taker and turn heel in the process. 

I don't think there's much point anymore and there's not the appetite from the fans to see it happen.

Maybe a couple years ago, but it's clear that his time as face of the company is being wound up gently by the WWE as they try/tried to force Reigns into that position.

As others have said, really the end of the streak should have been the end of the Taker, but there you go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Just had a look for the May tour and seems like for once it isn't going to Nottingham but Sheffield and Birmingham do have it. 

Usually best to buy tickets when go on sale but might be some left.

Definitely will have wrestlers that the kids know.

Thanks, do they tour later in the year as well?

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Thanks, do they tour later in the year as well?

For years have always done a post WM tour and a post Survivor Series tour. 

So next one usually around November

If you want to see Raw or Smackdown live you need to get tickets asap when they go on sale for best seats 

• Like 1

The middle priced seated tickets are usually a decent view. The show will be about 3 hours with a 15 min interval. You can check out the dates on WWE.com to see whether it will be a 'Raw' or 'Smackdown' roster on each show and whether either is preferable.

And yeh, Taker's last match was painful. It was okay until the botched tombstone reversal, then it was just so awkward to watch. Atmosphere died and really wasn't befitting of a Mania main event, let alone the end of Taker's career.

Totally disagree that he's not had good matches since Michaels though. His matches with HHH and Punk were great. And the couple rematches with Brock were okay. Do agree it would've been perfect for him to stop after the streak ended though. Just made sense.

On 4 April 2017 at 16:54, peterborofox said:

For years have always done a post WM tour and a post Survivor Series tour. 

So next one usually around November

If you want to see Raw or Smackdown live you need to get tickets asap when they go on sale for best seats 

Thanks, November will be ideal.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/12/2017 at 22:01, Ozwin said:

If even remotely like wrestling then you owe it to yourself to watch Omega vs Okada 1 and 2. 

Both absolutely ridiculous matches.

3's coming soon as well!

I was originally expecting Omega to take the title from him, but now he's got the US title, I'm unsure.

Well, finally caught Battleground...and yeah it sucked excluding the Tag Title match :P

So, in order to remind me what the WWE should be about i went back and watched some classic "hype" videos from back in the day - these four are the real classics i can remember (feel free to chuck some more classics in) and when they get it right like this there isn't much on TV that can compete with the storytelling. Sadly being a fan of WWE nowadays is like being a drug addict desperately searching for another hit like we got back in the days of the attitude era :D - now and again, names like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and etc we get a moment where it can be everything it should be. Anyways, enjoy the classics when the current is dog...

Main event scene on Raw consisting of Lesnar, Strowman, Reigns and Joe has been the best thing they've done all year, really enjoyed the build up so far.

Raw has been solid lately, Smackdown has been nonsensical garbage.

I'm starting to loose patience with WWE recently to be honest.

I understand that they are trying to appeal to the mass market, but it's causing everything to be so wishy washy. Braun Strowman and Samoa Joe are 2 of the only guys keeping it interesting right now.

I've started watching a lot of New Japan recently and it far exceeds anything in WWE right now or even recently. And their viewerbase is booming!

I'd also recommend the Pro Wrestling World Cup that WCPW are doing, some great matches in there from all of the heats.

WWE is so poor in all honestly. They have such talented wrestlers in their company but they are incompetent in using them in an entertaining way - no concept of playing to strengths or slowly building people up.

They're just lucky they have a name from when they were good about 20 years ago and that the millions of children who watch it will eat anything up!

Give me a real show like TNA (GFW) or Lucha Underground any day.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

WWE is so poor in all honestly. They have such talented wrestlers in their company but they are incompetent in using them in an entertaining way - no concept of playing to strengths or slowly building people up.

Give me a real show like TNA (GFW) or Lucha Underground any day.

Someone hasn't been watching Raw for the past few weeks.

GFW a real show lol Lucha Underground was a one season wonder.

Get watching NJPW or one of the British promotions, Progress or Fight Club Pro.

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Someone hasn't been watching Raw for the past few weeks.

GFW a real show lol Lucha Underground was a one season wonder.

Get watching NJPW or one of the British promotions, Progress or Fight Club Pro.

I've given up on watching any sort of WWE programs. They've disappointed me for years. If I hear its  better for a year-long period i.e. consistent 'll try again.

GFW doesn't get the credit it deserves. Been badly run, but a wrestling show for wrestling fans. Rather watch that for 2 hours every week than trying to keep up with 5 hours + of crap each week!

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I've given up on watching any sort of WWE programs. They've disappointed me for years. If I hear its  better for a year-long period i.e. consistent 'll try again.

GFW doesn't get the credit it deserves. Been badly run, but a wrestling show for wrestling fans. Rather watch that for 2 hours every week than trying to keep up with 5 hours + of crap each week!

Just pick out the best bits mate that's what I tend to do. I've only watched Raw lately, Smackdown is dire. Build for the Universal Championship Fatal 4-way is worth a look on YouTube.

GFW/TNA doesn't deserve any credit, been terrible for years with unbearable shows and unbearable audiences.

Just now, kingfox said:

Just pick out the best bits mate that's what I tend to do. I've only watched Raw lately, Smackdown is dire. Build for the Universal Championship Fatal 4-way is worth a look on YouTube.

GFW/TNA doesn't deserve any credit, been terrible for years with unbearable shows and unbearable audiences.

Yeah I did that for a short while but found it unfulfilling. The pleasure for me is sitting down to watch entire episodes for a period rather than browsing youtube compilations or skipping past half the show. Although it seems a lot of people have started to do this! I'm not missing WWE, final straw when I said 'f this' was Mahal as a champion, so no plans to start watching again unless they decide to start focusing on product quality again.

20 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah I did that for a short while but found it unfulfilling. The pleasure for me is sitting down to watch entire episodes for a period rather than browsing youtube compilations or skipping past half the show. Although it seems a lot of people have started to do this! I'm not missing WWE, final straw when I said 'f this' was Mahal as a champion, so no plans to start watching again unless they decide to start focusing on product quality again.

Understandable, was skipping through a lot of Raw a few months back or just didn't watch at all. Past few weeks there's been a noticeable change, only parts I've skipped are the Cruiserweights and the Women from time to time, rest has been solid with nice storyline continuity for once. Mahal is the reason I don't watch Smackdown anymore, that part of the brand has turned ass backwards.

GFW/TNA has been good ever since Corgan became booker, was a bit iffy during the transition to anthem but atm is very good. Slammiversary was class, hopefully they can get back on the right track. I only ever really watch WWE ppvs now a days and only depending on if the card looks any decent, i find the tv shows absolutely unwatchable most of the time. Also with GFW you've got 2 hours of programming a week, whereas WWE is just too much, especially now you've got the brand split

On 7/31/2017 at 22:20, Dr The Singh said:

Loved the pooonjabi prison match between JINDER MAHAL and some shit guy.  Great Khaki turns to help the other guy, wtf is that about, Jinder was just about to win...

But Jinder did win...

And Khali cost Orton the title...

What match were you watching???