Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LJS

Am I the Only One Struggling to Care?

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

How about relegation to the Championship and promotion to the Premier League again?

Just have to put up with a lot of tension and going to some really, really shitty places in the process.

And potentially years of trying.

IF we really do win the Prem one season then get relegated the next it will probably be the biggest meteoric rise, then fall, football has ever seen.

If we could not take what we had achieved and then somehow just consolidated it, it will be both bizarre and awful in equal measure. I wonder what the pre season odds of us going down were?

1 hour ago, filthyfox said:

I've had 20 years of good times... it's hardly been boring! Now I can't get a ticket for toffee! If someone would pay my transport from wehmouth and back, I'll take his ticket from him!

Your not a plastic buddy , circumstances dictate you have to follow from afar , your plight is exactly why idiots like above peeve me off , they are lucky , lucky to have seen last year , luck to ride this roll-coaster , luck to feel the pain and passion .....

and nd they moan they can't be arsed 

your up not a plastic bud 

I've had the pain, glee, pain, glee for 47 years

I've the shirts and ticket stubs to prove it.

This is a low after an extreme high.

Bring on the CL Tuesday............... Take the Team away for a couple of days

Show them the DVD of Man City................... Remind them, they really were that good

Champions League

Team PTS   GP    W     D       L   GS  GD

th?id=AR_be2c9a472260db13c564868ada74966

Leicester City

10 4 3 1 0 5 5

th?id=AR_d19f0e38c09044383b402bf8e1b8bcd

Porto

7 4 2 1 1 4 1

th?id=AR_61ee0e4795674f6755e71aba8e6d383

FC København

5 4 1 2 1 5 3

th?id=AR_03ba07b84578f0b0f2ff29a0d8a59ef

Club Brugge

0 4 0 0 4 1

I wouldn't call it apathy or carelessness, I simply don't take defeats as hard as I used to.

Our middle-sized club has done the unthinkable and we've pretty much seen it all in terms of footballing ups and downs  (apart from an adventure in the Champions League and an FA Cup win), so I'm not overly worried.

However, I'd love some of our players to at least try and find a way to reconnect to last season. I can live with defeats, it's just that the attitude and sharpness of some of our (key) players isn't really that appealing as of right now.

16 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Last time I checked you take the the rough with the smooth. We aren't going to hit the heights of winning the premier league again so you don't renew? Is Leicester your club or not? Have a word with yourself ffs. 

Think you've missed the point. All my life supporting leicester there's always been a sense that we can achieve more, against wednesday and stoke the year we went down to league one there was an obvious feeling that things can only get better and they did. We achieved a dream no one even thought possible, there is nothing that can better last year. It puts Leicester fans in a position they have never been, we can't better the season that has just gone by on any metric. As fans, as a team and as a club we are really struggling to come to grips with the ironic and sad reality that last year has taken away the Leicester City we all grew up supporting and loving. It's still our club but the ideology which was the foundation of our support of the club has changed in a dramatic manner, we can no longer look to the future for a better experience of supporting Leicester as it is in the near past.

4 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Chelsea were 3 points from the drop.

They didn't get relegated, did they? :rolleyes:

No, this time we repay them for what they did for us

22nd April Beat Spurs

13th May Beat Man City

Image result for end of season Premier League Table 2016

At the moment i'd rip a hand off for 10th and 50 points

I'm not sure that "Struggling to care", applies to me because I've always cared, what I would say is that I'm struggling to see why I should get excited about the team  I have Ioved so much for over half a century when they seem to have a couldn't care less attitude on the field. We never saw this all last season or from when the good run started in the great escape season.

After we had achieved the impossible dream I said here that I expected the club to "tread water" for a couple of seasons whilst we adjust to becoming a "big team" -  but I wasn't ready for the crap that has been served up week after week barring a couple of matches in the Premier League...we're still 28 points away from safety.  It's quite depressing really as it's a catch22 situation we will not have anything to attract top players in January and will struggle to keep hold of a couple of gems we got in the last transfer window. Tjhe last thing we need is another distracting transfer window like the last one to turn the heads and attitude of ths senior players. I'd rather they were sold and the "RESET" button pressed.

I know where the OP is coming from- we'll never have another season like the last. 

But that doesn't mean everything which happens from now is irrelevant. For a club of our size, there are a couple of glaring absences on our honours list- the FA Cup, and some good European runs. It looks like we're going to tick off the second one this season, but there will always be something to dream about and hope for until we lift the cup. I want that 'most final appearances without winning it' record gone.

Archived