Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

On 2/10/2017 at 16:54, foxinsocks said:

I think slmani can suceed.  He is great in the box...  and he is learning what a centre forward has to do in the prem... tracking back.. pressing quickly.. winning balls and laying them off.... breaking quickley.  Most players struggle when they arrive.... it is exceptional of they  dont.  With good coaching he will suceed 

I totally agree about the qualities of centre forward. Trouble is I'm not sure how coaching will improve his speed. I think a player costing over £26m should be able to win balls and lay off quickly; coaching isn't going to help much. Aside from the Burnley game, his scoring record shows how great he is in the box...

4 hours ago, Leamington Fox said:

Yet more baffling Slimani-bashing.  He's clearly our best striker, better than Ulloa.  Vardy has been terrible this season, partly due to poor service, but partly due to a noticeable drop off in his work ethic.  

After Ndidi, Slimani is first on my team sheet if fit.

Anyone who thinks Ulloa is better than Slimani is either biased or should get their eyes/head checked. Aside from the evident goal menace and efficiency which largely speak in Slim's favor, most of what people miss is the play without the ball. Positioning, runs in the box, pressure on the defenders... There is no way one in their right mind can favor Ulloa. The latter clearly is better at defending, but since when is it something we primarily ask from a striker? 

33 minutes ago, Struwwelpeter60 said:

A very injury-prone  monster.

Not sure if he is injury-prone hasn't it been the same muscle injury since we had him. Obviously wants to keep playing through it which is a good sign especially as I've seen people question his attitude. Think he just needs 3 or 4 weeks off but that's not likely we need the big aggressive Algerian bastard.

Just now, Johnthefoxrayner said:

If Slim is fit play him and if Gray. Mahrez. Or albrighton can get good crosses into the box then slim will score. 

Agree. The other night against Derby, we were hitting crosses in to Musa against their Centre Backs. Musa and Vardy need the ball into space to run on to, otherwise we may as well play Jimmy Krankie up front.

I think everyone needs to forget the 30 million that was his price and we paid it,he as been injury prone and despite not setting the world alite he's our top scorer and biggest threat,he will come good if he can stay fit,if some one is going to score the goals to keep us up it will be him.I don't get our fans,managers seem to get unlimited time when shit but new players get written off after a handful of games! 

I haven't seen enough quality to justify 30 Million, But the he;s basically playing with a handicap in that he has very little support from midfield. Now that we have NDidi that may improve as he's quick

and can get forward. the other alternative is that we play with Musa along side him, But I don't see CR doing that.

5 hours ago, bridport007 said:

Agree. The other night against Derby, we were hitting crosses in to Musa against their Centre Backs. Musa and Vardy need the ball into space to run on to, otherwise we may as well play Jimmy Krankie up front.

The cross to Musa that I recall was all along the ground and should have been a tap in. Rather like the one Slimani missed. 

11 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Slimani is an out and out goal monster he feasts on the souls of 6 yard boxes.

Can't wait to see how some of the people slagging him react when his 10 goals in the remainder of the season keep us up.

Don't suppose you'd fancy a £10 bet on Slim scoring 10 goals between now and the end of the season?. He'll surprise me to make 10 starts if he's got the nagging groin injury that's been referred to, but I'd be happy to pay out if you accept and he proves you right.     

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

Don't suppose you'd fancy a £10 bet on Slim scoring 10 goals between now and the end of the season?. He'll surprise me to make 10 starts if he's got the nagging groin injury that's been referred to, but I'd be happy to pay out if you accept and he proves you right.     

Was slightly tounge in cheek/bombastic 10 goals in 14 games would be an absolutey incredible return I do think he will be massive for us in the run in though. If slim gets 6 or 7 then we will stay up. Happy to have the bet if we include all competions?

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Was slightly tounge in cheek/bombastic 10 goals in 14 games would be an absolutey incredible return I do think he will be massive for us in the run in though. If slim gets 6 or 7 then we will stay up. Happy to have the bet if we include all competions?

The bet's on! :D

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

£30mill and he misses a chance like that second half. Score that and who knows what would have happened.

Out of interest do you regularly played football? That's not a slur, just a question of wonder. 

His chance was very hard. On your wrong foot, weight going towards the left and you have to hit it as quick as you can. 

The run was brilliant by him - better than Vardy produced over 90. Less said about the shot he had the better 

The shot initially beat Fabianski, it was his trailing second part of his body what blocked it. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Out of interest do you regularly played football? That's not a slur, just a question of wonder. 

His chance was very hard. On your wrong foot, weight going towards the left and you have to hit it as quick as you can. 

The run was brilliant by him - better than Vardy produced over 90. Less said about the shot he had the better 

The shot initially beat Fabianski, it was his trailing second part of his body what blocked it. 

No course I don't. 

I appreciate it's his wrong foot but at £30mill he's got to score for me. The run was brilliant and it was a good ball. Surely he could have slightly took it around a goalkeeper who was rushing out.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No course I don't. 

I appreciate it's his wrong foot but at £30mill he's got to score for me. The run was brilliant and it was a good ball. Surely he could have slightly took it around a goalkeeper who was rushing out.

I'm with Cardiff_fox on this. He made good contact and it was going into the corner. It's a good save rather than a poor miss. 

Slim is our only hope at the minute. We're not playing well enough to pick teams apart so we need to just play 442 with him up top and gray or mahrez off him. Whoever isn't off him plays on the left wing with Albrighton on the right and put balls into the box for him to attack. Play to his strengths. 

Archived