Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

So, from all the bad individual displays from a lot of players, slimani is the one to blame. The only guy that I can truly say he played better than him this game is n'didi. That's 12 other players that should be held accountable to their less than eye catching displays.

I never said he is to blame so don't start this defending Algerian players.

40 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Slim is our only hope at the minute. We're not playing well enough to pick teams apart so we need to just play 442 with him up top and gray or mahrez off him. Whoever isn't off him plays on the left wing with Albrighton on the right and put balls into the box for him to attack. Play to his strengths. 

I do agree with that and I have belief he'll score us goals but unfortunately our crossing rarely beats the first man. Albrighton is painful to watch and shouldn't be near our starting 11.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I do agree with that and I have belief he'll score us goals but unfortunately our crossing rarely beats the first man. Albrighton is painful to watch and shouldn't be near our starting 11.

Agree about Albrighton - ask my dad and my brother and they'd tell you my feelings. Unfortunately needs must and our recruitment has been that bad that we have no choice. He'd be helped on the right if he had an overlapping fullback but that isn't happening with Simpson.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Maybe because he had a partner (Vardy).

Vardy has no support. Have you seen how far away the midfield is too Vardy.

This is now wearing abit thin.

Imagine any other si called striker getting 20+ goals one season and then this measly amount the next? They be DIING things about it...either himself,the coaches, or his team mates. Tell them what wrong,tell the coaches to play to your strengths and tell your team mates where they are going wrong... Hes the so-called big boy striker...take things into your own hands

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Had a great chance today and it took out Bernie in Row AA of the away end 

Very true. I'm not defending our players or anything like that.

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

This is now wearing abit thin.

Imagine any other si called striker getting 20+ goals one season and then this measly amount the next? They be DIING things about it...either himself,the coaches, or his team mates. Tell them what wrong,tell the coaches to play to your strengths and tell your team mates where they are going wrong... Hes the so-called big boy striker...take things into your own hands

I don't disagree. He does lack support though - it's not difficult to see how far away other players are from him. His best chances today (one of which he should have hit the target) came when he was alongside Slimani. 

We've got to play two now. It's got to be Slimani and Vardy up front.

There's ALOT of people at LCFC who have years of experience of football, I just pray they can find a formula to get the best out if these people who seem to be the ones now to make or break our season. It's obvious Ranieri us going to keep faith with these players so it either works or we are f£%ked

We have to play Slimani. He changes our attack entirely, if we spread Mahrez out right and we tell him to stop moving inside, we have Slimani lurking in the box attracting extra attention, it leaves the left side less congested and Chilwell and Gray can attack. I understand people are disappointed with Slim at the moment, but he is coming off injury and a bit out of form, but he is clearly getting in position to score goals, and we need to continue to feed him. Mahrez was throttled when he touched the ball today by two defenders, it is precluding the attack that was so successful last season. We need to prepare for Mahrez to play more of a decoy role and push the ball up the left with an eye for Slimani. If teams want to shade Mahrez in this fashion, and with Slim in the box attracting extra attention because of his height (have noticed teams bracketing him a fair bit), we need to take what the defense is giving us, spread them out as far as they will stretch, and take advantage of runs by Gray and Chilwell. If we also get Amartey and Ndidi on the pitch consistently, we drop Vardy into a substitute role for a couple games (Vardy is ineffective right now, period -- no need to argue about him not getting service or his runs, we cannot get him the ball in position to score and when you combine that with Mahrez being doubled that partnership is DOA at the moment).

I see no other way forward. At this point, all spots on the pitch should be up for contention. We need to decide on a starting side and stick with it the rest of the season to allow it time to gel. Forget CL, I cannot think of easier money than Sevilla 5/9 at the moment, we need to develop an alternate attack to Mahrez/Vardy and leave our better young players in to play as much as possible to get comfortable with one another to pick up points late in the season.  

He's clearly now our biggest goal threat so has to play, that said it's watching a bloke play with canoes instead of boots on his feet at times.

Not his fault we paid £29m for him. If it wasn't for his goals we'd be rock bottom right now. Granted he hasn't had the effect we thought he would, but then almost every other player has been much worse than him this season too. 1 chance each for Slimani and Vardy today, shocking! 

14 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

We simply create more chances when he's on the pitch. Should have done better with that chance, it was a good save however.

Brings players more into the game. Twice he won the ball and got it out to Gray quickly. The kind of urgency sadly missing elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Not even Messi could round the keeper there. Fabianski commited very good, he was like 5 meters away from him. It was very hard if not impossible to round the keeper there.

Nah, One decent touch to his left, open the angle up, one step, pass it into the empty net. Keeper had already set himself for the shot and would've been rooted.

8 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Nah, One decent touch to his left, open the angle up, one step, pass it into the empty net. Keeper had already set himself for the shot and would've been rooted.

It didn't seem that easy to me, if he tried to round the keeper i'm almost certain that Fabianski would grab the ball instantly. In that situation the right thing to do is what he did, just unlucky keeper saved it.

Just now, Eagle10 said:

It didn't seem that easy to me, if he tried to round the keeper i'm almost certain that Fabianski would grab the ball instantly. In that situation the right thing to do is what he did, just unlucky keeper saved it.

We'll never know .... rounding the keeper takes confidence though and we're so low on that it's not likely to be anyone's first thought.

5 hours ago, deep blue said:

Me too. It was clearly the way to play it. But surely he knows that, given his goal-scoring record in Portugal. I can only assume that his bad decision-making is down to his being low on confidence. The other players showed that too, with poor decisions all over the field.

Got to be confidence, I agree.

I do wonder how much we're missing the Psychologist that we got rid of in the summer.

I don't understand why people are scapegoating Slimani, if it wasn't for him we'd be in the relegation zone, if not bottom. Yes I agree he should of at least scored once yesterday but come on, we can't blame him, a substitute for losing the game when we were already 2-0 down. Our only chances in the game came from Slimani, he was our biggest attacking threat so just ease of the guy for Christ sake. 

7 minutes ago, gcxttle said:

I don't understand why people are scapegoating Slimani, if it wasn't for him we'd be in the relegation zone, if not bottom. Yes I agree he should of at least scored once yesterday but come on, we can't blame him, a substitute for losing the game when we were already 2-0 down. Our only chances in the game came from Slimani, he was our biggest attacking threat so just ease of the guy for Christ sake. 

He's easier to slate because he's a new signing and his mistakes are not hard to notice compared to those in the midfield for example. Missing a goal, even a school boy can see that. His game without the ball and runs fly under the radar of many though.

The price tag doesn't help too.

A massive waste of money. Can't play the ball on the ground, it's a bit like watching a youngster trying to learn ballroom dancing and can't work out which foot top lead with. If he misses he either points at another player or gets on his knees and starts punching seven bells out of the penalty spot. He's got a sick note for virtually every other game, trouble is we're stuck with him, I just hope to fcuk the Chinese club comes back for him in the Summer. Not sure if he was bought in to be la comfort for Mahrez, much in the same way that a top class racehorse gets a goat as a companion....if he was, it didn't work. maybe try a donkey next time.....oh, wait a minute.....

2 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

A massive waste of money. Can't play the ball on the ground, it's a bit like watching a youngster trying to learn ballroom dancing and can't work out which foot top lead with. If he misses he either points at another player or gets on his knees and starts punching seven bells out of the penalty spot. He's got a sick note for virtually every other game, trouble is we're stuck with him, I just hope to fcuk the Chinese club comes back for him in the Summer. Not sure if he was bought in to be la comfort for Mahrez, much in the same way that a top class racehorse gets a goat as a companion....if he was, it didn't work. maybe try a donkey next time.....oh, wait a minute.....

So litterally the only striker that actually looks bothered about the situation we are in and you slate him? Honestly some fans need to get a grip. He has one chance and the keeper saved it no striker in the world has a 100% success rate. He isnt 100% fit  thats not his fault. A Striker cannot score unless the service is there and it wasnt yesterday.

Archived