Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

22 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Created two good chances. Obviously the miss isn't very flattering, but he needs to start instead of Vardy up top. And for a tall guy, he got one cross aimed at him all game I think, lol. For everyone that bangs on about pricetag, don't blame Slimani - he was scoring for fun in Portugal in a system with decent technical players and system. 

I will get laughed at for this, but any other team would use him properly and he would be a beast in this league. 

I'd like us to try 3 CM's,  Slimani up top on his own, Mahrez on the left, Gray on the right and get some crosses into him. 

The service he gets is abysmal and you can tell he just loves scoring goals by how furious he gets when he gets a near chance or misses one. Slimani isn't the sort of striker who will create a goal by himself out of nothing but needs service.

5 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

I think the price tag has stuck in his head too. In Sporting he was like aggressive to a scale that even our rivals got pissed off with him playing against them. He is one of the best scorer in important games for us, think he has 1 goal every important game for us. I think he is getting pressured with his price tag, and the AFCON injury and early knock out didn't help too.

One more thing, is that we always supported our players, so they never lacked confidence, he never missed a sitter for us, and very rarely missed clear cut chances. He is a very good finisher, like very good. Ask Jorge Jesus and he will tell you how bad he wanted him back.

Dont get me wrong, I like him and think he has a lot of good attributes if he actually put them to good use and at the moment Id play him ahead of Vardy. However, to me he just seems really light weight and non-aggressive. You know a lot more than I do about Portuguese football but he is in the land of the giants in the prem. One thing that strikes me when many overseas players come over is there lack of physical strength. So many come over here and look around and look small compared to others. The English based players are built like middle weight and super middle weight boxers. Slimani looks quite tall but he doesnt seem aggressive, brave or even strong to me. I think some of these overseas players need to join the obsessive locals and hit the gym and he can take Mahrez with him!!!!

On 2/13/2017 at 20:29, crazyleicester said:

Dont get me wrong, I like him and think he has a lot of good attributes if he actually put them to good use and at the moment Id play him ahead of Vardy. However, to me he just seems really light weight and non-aggressive. You know a lot more than I do about Portuguese football but he is in the land of the giants in the prem. One thing that strikes me when many overseas players come over is there lack of physical strength. So many come over here and look around and look small compared to others. The English based players are built like middle weight and super middle weight boxers. Slimani looks quite tall but he doesnt seem aggressive, brave or even strong to me. I think some of these overseas players need to join the obsessive locals and hit the gym and he can take Mahrez with him!!!!

Do you know who Martins Indi is? He played for Porto before coming to Stoke, he was always bullied by Slimani when he played against him. Casillas himself said that Slimani his a great player, with great quality, now we are talking about Casillas, that played with the best players football have seen, for him to say that it is because Slimani really is good. I just think he is getting pressured with his price-tag and you aren't supporting your team. 

35 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Do you know who Martins Indi is? He played for Porto before coming to Stoke, he was always bullied by Slimani when he played against him. Casillas himself said that Slimani his a great player, with great quality, now we are talking about Casillas, that played with the best players football have seen, for him to say that it is because Slimani really is good. I just think he is getting pressured with his price-tag and you aren't supporting your team. 

Does that explain the fact that he can't control a football?

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:18, Gerard said:

I'd like us to try 3 CM's,  Slimani up top on his own, Mahrez on the left, Gray on the right and get some crosses into him. 

The service he gets is abysmal and you can tell he just loves scoring goals by how furious he gets when he gets a near chance or misses one. Slimani isn't the sort of striker who will create a goal by himself out of nothing but needs service.

Spot on. :thumbup:

On 13/02/2017 at 17:18, Gerard said:

I know what you're saying the trouble with playing this way - 4-3-3 - is that we dont have any CM's that link midfield with attack directly. Drinks, Amartey and Mendy are all a much of a muchness right now - none of them want to drive forward or pass and move forward, they'd rather play it safe and just cycle possession. So Slimani would more than likely end up being isolated and whilst we would be packing out the midfield it doesn't make much difference when being penned back due to not imposing your own game on the opposition. It would perhaps work a bit better if we had fullbacks capable of bombing forward on the overlap but meh.

I think if we're going to play the lone striker 4-2-3-1 is much better suited. At least then either Mahrez or Gray can play in the hole and support Slimani centrally with Ndidi and Drinkwater/Amartey sitting as the 2 CM's. I'd play Albrighton on the right of the 3 to try and supply some crosses and perhaps Grey on the other flank with Mahrez in the hole, all 3 can switch if needs be depending on how the game is playing out. The system really does require attacking fullbacks as well so Chilwell is a definite starter and possibly Amartey on the other side.

1 hour ago, Eagle10 said:

Defenders in Portugal,Spain etc are footballers as opposed to mostly big lumps in England ie Huth & Morgan,Slimani probably bullied the ones abroad but from what i've seen he is the one coming off second best here.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Does that explain the fact that he can't control a football?

Do you watch the games? He doesn't have good feet, they are average at best, but he can control a football, go watch the Burnley at Home game and see if he can't control a football. Seriously just because a player have a bad game you all assume is bad? Did you see Aubameyang yesterdar vs Benfica? He was atrocious and no one is putting his quality in question.

53 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Do you watch the games? He doesn't have good feet, they are average at best, but he can control a football, go watch the Burnley at Home game and see if he can't control a football. Seriously just because a player have a bad game you all assume is bad? Did you see Aubameyang yesterdar vs Benfica? He was atrocious and no one is putting his quality in question.

No one questions Aubameyang because he's one of the best strikers in the world and his all round game is pretty impressive. 

Slimani with his head is pretty lethal. If he gets a chance 8 times out of 10 he'll get it on target but with his feet it's a different matter. 

His feet are slow & his technical ability is not great for a 30m pound striker. 

I'm not personally going to write him off just yet because he's playing amongst players all low on confidence. 

if he played a full season im confident he'd get 15 easily! 

But I still believe we could've got better for that amount of money. 

52 minutes ago, lee7 said:

No one questions Aubameyang because he's one of the best strikers in the world and his all round game is pretty impressive. 

Slimani with his head is pretty lethal. If he gets a chance 8 times out of 10 he'll get it on target but with his feet it's a different matter. 

I'm not personally going to write him off just yet because he's playing amongst players all low on confidence. 

Maybe you could, maybe you couldn't depends. But in this team you have at the moment even Ronaldo would look bad because you are playing really bad. You can't judge his ability for this season.

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

One more thing, if he doesn't have any injury, like last season, he didn't have any injury, he can easily score 20+ in the league. Just feed him the ball, he can score with both head and feet. In Sporting he did so here it won't be much different if he actually gets good balls. But there is a big difference, Sporting played great football, Leicester doesn't atm.

3 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

Ive never said Slimani isnt any good. I like him. He is good on the deck, strong in the air and a decent finisher. I was just commenting that he gets bullied too much and doesnt put his physique around as much as he could and should. When we go aerial (a lot) he doesnt win as many of the duels as you would expect for someone his height, He also never seems strong in the battle like he is fighting like he wants to win the ball. Also, for his size he likes to fall over a bit too much. Its OK you telling me how fired up and aggressive he was elsewhere, I want to see him bully the oppo defenders more, I want him to be strong enough to hold the ball up and lay off the ball instead of falling over and I want to see him being aggressive instead of wimpy.

Basically I want him to be Leo Ulloa but with the extra skills and pace he has,.

1 hour ago, Eagle10 said:

Maybe you could, maybe you couldn't depends. But in this team you have at the moment even Ronaldo would look bad because you are playing really bad. You can't judge his ability for this season.

I don't think he'd look bad, instead he'd just stand out as the only quality player in the squad. 

Just like Gray recently. His end product isn't always there but he's the only player we currently have capable of beating a man or creating half a chance. 

Ronaldo would be the same except for the fact his end product is world class.

55 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

One more thing, if he doesn't have any injury, like last season, he didn't have any injury, he can easily score 20+ in the league. Just feed him the ball, he can score with both head and feet. In Sporting he did so here it won't be much different if he actually gets good balls. But there is a big difference, Sporting played great football, Leicester doesn't atm.

He can also trip over his own feet inside the six yard box and miss an open goal.

7 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Injured again FFS.

We're as good as out with only the moose up top

"Let us hope, that Slimani's slight groin problem is exactly that and not a case of Gilmore's Groin.

Otherwise..."

I posted that on 22.11.2016.

Now it seems, that I hoped in vain.

No Slimani (again), no Ulloa = no

airpower at Millwall and Sevilla.

Great.

30 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Injured again FFS.

We're as good as out with only the moose up top

I think it is only for precaution that he isn't gonna play him against Millwall. Against Sevilla I think he will play, but yes that groin problem is giving him some trouble, with this precaution we can only assume he was still carrying the injury in the 2 games he came as a sub.

Archived