Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

His attitude also stinks (not learning English, he's big time, only speaks to Riyad, hasn't endeared himself to at least 3 of the players). He's played a big role in unsettling the squad, and there's a lot of scepticism at the club about his injury due to the timing of when they come up.

Is this something you've been told by someone at the club or things you've put together?

I cant imagine him refusing to learn English after learning Portuguese at Sporting. As for endearment, that just seems like the club atm with all the egos and form. We hear that nobody likes Vardy, I've heard that Schmeichel isn't popular, etc. They just need to get on with it and stop being baby-back bitches.

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

expecting a massive sale if we go down...

Imagine most will have a relegation clause somewhere in the contract 

I doubt it very much mate?

We'd just won the league, I doubt many agents would be demanding relegation release clauses for the new signings or the re-signings.

Slim, for example, wouldn't have joined if he'd have thought we'd be anywhere near relegation would he?

I'm not sure people realise the potential implications of relegation. We've got Vardy on 100k per week for FOUR YEARS. Mahrez I assume on similar. Slimani must be on mega bucks? Someone told me even Musa was on 60k per week.

It's a tightrope. Keeping Ranieri, rather than getting someone in to possibly freshen things up, will be EITHER a master-stroke or sound the death-knell for the club, at least in the short term. 

6 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Is this something you've been told by someone at the club or things you've put together?

I cant imagine him refusing to learn English after learning Portuguese at Sporting. As for endearment, that just seems like the club atm with all the egos and form. We hear that nobody likes Vardy, I've heard that Schmeichel isn't popular, etc. They just need to get on with it and stop being baby-back bitches.

Yeah Kasper isn't popular but the players respect him. 

He refused an interpreter and lessons, said riyad would do it - John Percy reported it.

As for sources, sorry not revealing but a variety.

35 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly wasn't aware of any of this, didn't realise he was being such a disruption 

I'd say he has more of a presence that Leo given his pace and such but disagree with his price tag - hence why I'm referring to bad recruitment 

Do not believe him. He's biased as hell and has no way to back up his claims. It's as legit as the usual hear say and other BS that spread for a reason or another on a forum. Especially when things don't go well and people are in need of scapegoating/slating.

40 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I would disagree with this...

he's okay, but only slightly better than Leo and we paid 3 times as much. His attitude also stinks (not learning English, he's big time, only speaks to Riyad, hasn't endeared himself to at least 3 of the players). He's played a big role in unsettling the squad, and there's a lot of scepticism at the club about his injury due to the timing of when they come up.

He's been on our radar for years but we never bid as we didn't think he was a massive improvement and was overpriced. For some reason that changed in the summer.

You should stop smearing the reputation of the man and get your facts straight before talking. 

He can understand english and he speaks with other teammates. Unlike you, I have evidence to back my arguments.

Here you go.

•At 0:50 I think he said to mahrez "not good! Not good" after mahrez stopped running

• at 1:08 he said to okazaki " hey, are playing with me or are you....."

So yeah, both of those points are invalid.

35 minutes ago, Simo86 said:

From what I've been told it was Walsh that didn't want him, so him leaving was probably what changed lol

As I understand it the only players who  were not recommended by Walsh were Benelouane, Mendy and Ndidi.

Slimani has a chronic groin problem that has to be managed.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

You should stop smearing the reputation of the man and get your facts straight before talking. 

He can understand english and he speaks with other teammates. Unlike you, I have evidence to back my arguments.

Here you go.

•At 0:50 I think he said to mahrez "not good! Not good" after mahrez stopped running

Sounds like a right moaner to me

Slimani out. 

1 minute ago, notnow john said:

As I understand it the only players who  were not recommended by Walsh were Benelouane, Mendy and Ndidi.

Slimani has a chronic groin problem that has to be managed.

Mendy has to be Claudio doesn't it?

They were at Monaco at the same time?

12 minutes ago, the fox said:

Here you go.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/29/islam-slimani-wants-complete-journey-sportings-dragon-slayer/

But hey, you've got a video.....his English is terrible and he's made little effort to improve it. The lad doesn't fancy it here.

47 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yeah Kasper isn't popular but the players respect him. 

He refused an interpreter and lessons, said riyad would do it - John Percy reported it.

As for sources, sorry not revealing but a variety.

A goalkeeper that is a son of one of the best keepers ever, that played for one of the worlds biggest club, that won everything for fun then.

I'm told he is a little aloof particularly with the younger players. You've got to give him that considering his in a bubble back ground. Doesnt make him the Dick he could be, i'm sure he could be much much worse...Think I would be! (or am)

Lucky to have him, miracle to keep him.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/12/29/islam-slimani-wants-complete-journey-sportings-dragon-slayer/

But hey, you've got a video.....his English is terrible and he's made little effort to improve it. The lad doesn't fancy it here.

Do you want him to have an accent or something?

"He speaks through an interpreter in French and is not taking English lessons, preferring to improve his understanding of the language via the dressing room and Belvoir Drive training ground."

choosing to not have English lessons doesn't mean that he didn't learn English, he just preferred to learn the language by interacting with his teammates in the dressing room and witha little help from mahrez. Or maybe he doesn't like lessons, who knows?

A lot of PL players have bad English, even the ones with 2 years of being in England. So, I will give slimani more than half a season before judging him. All he needs is the basics to be able to understand his teammates.

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Great article. He is miles away from the disinterested b*stard some want him to be :whistle:

Not wanting to learn english. lol, he just has another method that suits him better. How many foreign players can speak english well the first season? Jesus Christ.

Talk about bias.

52 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I doubt it very much mate?

We'd just won the league, I doubt many agents would be demanding relegation release clauses for the new signings or the re-signings.

Slim, for example, wouldn't have joined if he'd have thought we'd be anywhere near relegation would he?

I'm not sure people realise the potential implications of relegation. We've got Vardy on 100k per week for FOUR YEARS. Mahrez I assume on similar. Slimani must be on mega bucks? Someone told me even Musa was on 60k per week.

It's a tightrope. Keeping Ranieri, rather than getting someone in to possibly freshen things up, will be EITHER a master-stroke or sound the death-knell for the club, at least in the short term. 

Think I read in the mercury (http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/8203-leicester-city-s-stars-could-face-a-huge-pay-cut-if-they-are-relegated-from-the-premier-league/story-30117611-detail/story.html) that a lot of them have a thing about reduction in wages if we drop drown to the championship 

And a lot of this team has potential or at least some skill so can see prem teams/abroad potentially picking apart our squad for less than their value  

I think we keep him anyhow, he pulled off one miracle, why can't it happen again?

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Great article. He is miles away from the disinterested b*stard some want him to be :whistle:

Not wanting to learn english. lol, he just has another method that suits him better. How many foreign players can speak english well the first season? Jesus Christ.

Talk about bias.

Yes he spoke lots of big words, and then followed it up with absolutely nothing.

Not revealing what I've heard from who, but he isn't the most popular member of the dressing room.

I'm completely biased though.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying shite about his attitude.

I simply want to see our most expensive signing in the history of the club, fit and firing. And armed with chances and taking them. Anything else is a side show to deflect away from the FACT that at present, this isn't the case. 

When we started the great escape under Pearson, I was at West Brom away with my son. If i remember rightly, we went in one nil, having had a pretty stinking first half.

Something changed when we came out after half time, and I don't only mean the introduction of King and the formation. It suddenly 'felt' like we were trying, Vardy scored his wonder goal, we went mad and the rest is history.

The same needs to happen with this squad now. Somebody needs to step up, score a great goal, do something to ignite it.

Slimani, injured yet again, ain't gonna do that. 

I guess I'm just tired and bored of hearing bull shite excuses about team bonding, attitudes and all that garbage. There's been too much talk all season. Slimani was our talisman striker. He needs to get fit and scoring goals.

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Talk about bias.

Not arsed whether he can speak English, it's his complete lack of engagement with his team mates that bothers me and that he hasn't made a big effort to learn.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Talk about bias.

Think I read a while ago some of the Man City players were mainly speaking spanish and not learning english due to Pep and co and that doesn't seem to be going too badly for them...

And Pochettino had a translator for what seemed like ages when he first came to england so learning the language doesn't cause the problems some are suggesting...

38 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes he spoke lots of big words, and then followed it up with absolutely nothing.

Not revealing what I've heard from who, but he isn't the most popular member of the dressing room.

I'm completely biased though.

lol he's no god. When the whole team is underperforming you can't expect from the spear head to solve all your problems.

And I won't believe one bit of what you say, unless you back it up with a credible source.The burden of proof is on you, since YOU made the claim. Until then I call BS. The usual suspects getaway with murder on this forum, while the new signings are mercilessly crucified for the slightest mistake.

Yes you are, unless your basic football knowledge is abysmally lacking. He's our best goal threat and is head and shoulders above any other striker. By a country mile. And works hard on the pitch to the contrary of a passenger who's yet to score against a team that doesn't defend on the halfway line.  

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think I read a while ago some of the Man City players were mainly speaking spanish and not learning english due to Pep and co and that doesn't seem to be going too badly for them...

And Pochettino had a translator for what seemed like ages when he first came to england so learning the language doesn't cause the problems some are suggesting...

There is a proverb that says when you want to drown your dog, you say it's rabid.  

Some posters here decided he's no good and are hell bent on slating him no matter what. Same happened with Zieler. They'll take any possible excuse, sometimes exaggerating, blowing up or twisting the slightest fact or quote that can help them burn the victim to the ground. It's absolutely appalling.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

He's been on our radar for years but we never bid as we didn't think he was a massive improvement and was overpriced. For some reason that changed in the summer.

I'd say it was obvious something changed, had loads of links but we never bid when he was going cheap, we never bid when he had a lower release clause. Walsh leaves, then suddenly we bid more than we ever had to previously.

My gut feeling, as I stated on here quite often, was that we had obviously looked at him but something was holding us back in regards making a move.

Never know for sure, but something didn't feel right about our interest.

Archived