Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

For £30mill I expected much more.... Missed a decent chance today, missed a free header against Manchester City too.

He's a bit faster than Ulloa but I can't see anything else.

We've wasted a fair amount of money this summer.

12 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

In Portugal you can coast through games, especially playing for top team like sporting. Here, we aren't actually that good so everyone needs to play their bollocks off. He hasn't grasped that yet... 

Slimani is known for his hard work though. Just think our players don't really have any idea what they're doing. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Would take some feat to beat 28 goals this season alright!

Reckon he'll score tonight.

lol

He must be wondering why he's come here at the moment. For such a good striker to put in a first half shift like that today....is criminal really.

He was poor, but again, he had nothing to feed off.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

He must be wondering why he's come here at the moment. For such a good striker to put in a first half shift like that today....is criminal really.

He was poor, but again, he had nothing to feed off.

Pretty much wondering why we signed him if we are Only going to play one way all season and use him as a 7ft hustling linkup man who is miles from our box.

As his previous coach said.... If the manager knows how to use him, he will get him a lot of goals.....

I think for the so little service he got, he's done not bad  at all so far..... persist with him a little, and give him more time....trust him full game, most of his goals with Lisbon came in the last minutes, when opponent lose a little focus....you changed him what did you got?...did u score??, no, and it's not the first time...be patient a little and stick to a sold plan, not be like a leaf in a wind and changing things on every flow.

He's not Shinji yet we still lump it up to him and expect hin to chase and harry defenders. He's not that type of player. Nor is he a link man between midfield and attack, hence why he has a poor touch. If we actually had midfielders who could drive forward and create something he might actually look good. The service and support he is getting has been terrible and he's looked a worse player because of it. Just like Vardy this season. Our attackers are feeding off scraps because our midfield lacks creativity and attacking nous.

Slimani and vardy are both players that want to be the point of the attack hanging on the defenders shoulder.... playing either in the withdrawn role is a waste of time as neither have the technical abilities to skip past a few players and pick a pass, playing the pair of them together in the rigid system that doesn't look like changing is never going to work we have to play 1 or the other to see the benefits

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

He is too good to be the scapegoat this season guys. Try again.

Get real!

Watched him closely tonight and was lacking in his overall game. 

He's an in-box-striker with woeful outfield skill. Lazy when it matters and lively when it doesn't.

29 MILLION WASTED imo!

5 Million player if ever I saw one!

Either him or vardy should be playing up front with okazaki. 

Tbh with little rest I expected our performance level to drop against Bournemouth. Ranieri was in a no win situation if he changed the team setup drastically people would accuse him of tinkering a winning formula and if he didn't then we see the level of performance we saw.

Ranieri should have been brave and done the right thing and bring okazaki into the team with vardy for this game then got slim on as a sub 

34 minutes ago, easilee said:

Get real!

Watched him closely tonight and was lacking in his overall game. 

He's an in-box-striker with woeful outfield skill. Lazy when it matters and lively when it doesn't.

29 MILLION WASTED imo!

5 Million player if ever I saw one!

Everyone was lacking in their 'overall game' tonight. Very difficult for anyone to play well, especially strikers, when the rest of the team are functioning so poorly!

First time I've ever heard Slimani called lazy too!

If you rate him as a 5 million player, would love to know what you rate the rest of the squad lol

From what I've seen so far, technically he looks pretty average - poor touch more often than not. Fair enough he hasn't had the service but last night he didn't seem to be able to get the ball under and make a good pass. I though ulloa was more effective in the limited time he got on the pitch 

Archived