Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

For me, "aerial duels" is something defenders and cavemen forwards in non league do.

When I say good in the air, in the context of a striker, I mean scoring with his head.

I don't want us signing strikers that are good Sunday league target men to play long balls at.

Pfft, this squad is obviously missing Steve Howard.

Don't know why people are saying Leo is more mobile than slimani either. Leo has great work rate but in terms of mobility he looks like he's running through treacle most of the time.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Pfft, this squad is obviously missing Steve Howard.

Don't know why people are saying Leo is more mobile than slimani either. Leo has great work rate but in terms of mobility he looks like he's running through treacle most of the time.

Anyone that's said Leo is more mobile than Slimani is either trolling, blind or thick.

I'd take Slimani over Ulloa every single time. I like Ulloa a lot but Slimani is just clearly a level above. Only thing Ulloa is better at is deal with long balls to his head.. I think Slimanis in the box heading is a lot more useful

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry but from what i've seen from Ulloa in the last few games he pisses all over Slimani.

Keep Ulloa (Although he might still struggle to get regular game time and thus still want to move on) and see if we can flog Slimani to China, please! :fc:

And how many goals did he contribute?  Slimani still has the best strike rate at the club and although he's not always easy on the eye he will always score goals and is a much better player than Ulloa with international and European pedigree.  There's no comparison.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

And how many goals did he contribute?  Slimani still has the best strike rate at the club and although he's not always easy on the eye he will always score goals and is a much better player than Ulloa with international and European pedigree.  There's no comparison.

Spot on. Some posters can't understand that.

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I should love the bloke, big ugly bastard that plays centre forward, closest thing we're likely to get to a return of Sir Steven of Howard. But I just can't take to him at all. 

Sir Steve of 15 goals in 105 championship appearances Howard .Really ?????

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry but from what i've seen from Ulloa in the last few games he pisses all over Slimani.

Keep Ulloa (Although he might still struggle to get regular game time and thus still want to move on) and see if we can flog Slimani to China, please! :fc:

You mean the 0 goals he has scored?

I think he is an absolute warrior of a CF, and wins his fair share of aerial battles but he just isn't the type of striker who scores that often and the older he gets, the more immobile he will become. 

Ulloa for flick ons and general holding the ball up. Slimani for a genuine goal scorer and more mobility to suit our quicker style, albeit not mobile enough but certainly a step up from Ulloa. 

Personally, I don't think Ulloa is good emough for us now. Slimani would be if he could stay fit and form a partnership with Vardy, but that is looking unlikely as both like to be the central striker and focal point for the team, so we are having to drop Slimani deep and that doesn't suit his style. 

Play Vardy/Slim together for the majority of the remaining games to decide if there is any hope of a decent partnership and if not, then sell Slimani as well as Ulloa, as he is not good enough to start for us and he will not accept another season on the bench. Bring in a quality number 10 and another striker with similar traits to Vardy, who can come off the bench and cover him. 

6 hours ago, Eagle10 said:

I don't have any bias, just the truth. Ulloa doesn't have much quality, he isn't quick, his feet are bad and he doesn't score many goals. He does work hard, win aerial duels, and is alright holding the ball, but to me that isn't enough. Slimani is far superior in my opinion, but everyone has their opinion, we just need to respect each other. I accept every opinion but when people say like "he is a donkey, doesn't play jack" and stuff like that without giving any arguments, that is quite hard to accept.

FT all over, mate. I would say that we are all biased to some extent, and most of us see very different things when we watch the same game, but we can still try and be respectful.

Take Musa, hardly anyone on here is prepared to tolerate the notion that he can actually play football, when he has clearly had a reasonable amount of success before he came to us. That success does not support the suggestion that he simply cannot play, just that he is not doing it for LCFC. So we could accurately say he is  'playing s**t for us' (which he is), but we choose to say he 'is s**t'(which he isn't). It is really hard to disagree with those kind of posters without it descending into name-calling and abuse.

I just walk away from FT when I get proper annoyed. If some folks just want to have an argument, and want to abuse posters with a different view, they can do it to someone else.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Yea but Ulloa is one of Pearson's lads and we can ignore the sitters he misses nearly every time he plays because he can flick a hoof on to the keeperl. GOD FORBID SLIMANI MISS ANY CHANCE THOUGH.

freezus iced , some toxic comments about slim here , don't forget major points that are

> This is his first season in the premiere league (Give him time to adapt and do the transition from Liga NOS to the PL )

> The start with Leicester wasn't the best as we've seen at the begging of the season 

> His national team isn't doing good and he alongside with other players are targeted by the medias and heavily critiqued because he's a key player there
> He came to Leicester like 8 months ago , and already has 8 goals and 2 assists (which i find rather good for player that isn't a regular)

Give the man a break would ya , and stop comparing him to Ulloa they're two different players with different styles work-rate and efficiency in front of the goals 

Today I learned:

in foxestalk

Flick-ons > goals for a striker, but I'm not surprised of what people say when players Like okazaki are starting for us.

Can't take people seriously when they say ulloa>slimani. How can you sleep at night knowing that you said that.

Ulloa can only dream of scoring goals like slimani's against Everton and west ham. Kinda disturbed by that. But hey, some here think work-rate >talent:dunno:

Actually quite disappointed in him being off the scene recently.

He had a very decent start to his career here and scored important goals.

But he's appeared to have dwindled a bit this season, more with confidence amd the 'groin' issue than anything else imo, and has been out of favour too much at times (such as OkazakI being preferred despite not doing an awful lot in some matches).

Him and Musa appear out-of-favour currently and that seems to speak volumes in terms of what our recruitment has been like - expensive but no lasting impact than anticipated?

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Actually quite disappointed in him being off the scene recently.

He had a very decent start to his career here and scored important goals.

But he's appeared to have dwindled a bit this season, more with confidence amd the 'groin' issue than anything else imo, and has been out of favour too much at times (such as OkazakI being preferred despite not doing an awful lot in some matches).

Him and Musa appear out-of-favour currently and that seems to speak volumes in terms of what our recruitment has been like - expensive but no lasting impact than anticipated?

I just feel like Shakey can't afford to try out new things with Slim seeing as we aren't entirely safe yet. After the 40 points are secure, and we have room for error, he can try all types of systems, as well as in the pre season assuming he stays. 

Hey everyone!

Islam Slimani is on the cover of our new digital magazine: MAG. There's an article and 30 minute exclusive video with him inside. He's being interviewed by Boro midfielder and international teammate Adlene Guedioura, there are English captions for the interview. 

If you just want to watch the interview: 

Let me know what you all think!

On 19/04/2017 at 15:20, Eagle10 said:

I don't have any bias, just the truth. Ulloa doesn't have much quality, he isn't quick, his feet are bad and he doesn't score many goals. He does work hard, win aerial duels, and is alright holding the ball, but to me that isn't enough. Slimani is far superior in my opinion, but everyone has their opinion, we just need to respect each other. I accept every opinion but when people say like "he is a donkey, doesn't play jack" and stuff like that without giving any arguments, that is quite hard to accept.

Yes you are bias. I try to be as fair as possible to all the players. To say Ulloa's feet are bad when you refuse to critisise Slimani's is just laughable. His control and hold up play is an absolute mile better than Slimani. To also say he doesn't score goals is just wrong.

They both have elements to their games that need improving, or areas in fact that will never improve. I've stood up for Slimani, you know that and I think he can be a success here. But the reality is, what we've seen so far he's not in a million years "far superior". He might end up being, but he hasn't shown it.

Lets have the facts speak for themselves. Lets compare Ulloa's first season in this league against Slimani.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 15.37.00.png

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Yes you are bias. I try to be as fair as possible to all the players. To say Ulloa's feet are bad when you refuse to critisise Slimani's is just laughable. His control and hold up play is an absolute mile better than Slimani. To also say he doesn't score goals is just wrong.

They both have elements to their games that need improving, or areas in fact that will never improve. I've stood up for Slimani, you know that and I think he can be a success here. But the reality is, what we've seen so far he's not in a million years "far superior". He might end up being, but he hasn't shown it.

Lets have the facts speak for themselves. Lets compare Ulloa's first season in this league against Slimani.

58fa193fa396d_ScreenShot2017-04-21at15_37_00.thumb.png.fa3514cca3ed7f97ca0aca32df0d945b.png

Try that again, but this time with the "per 90" metric, rather than per game. Don't know whether it changes things greatly or not, but using per game is disingenuous; Slimani has come on as a sub a lot of the time, whereas Ulloa was generally a starter in his first season.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

58fa193fa396d_ScreenShot2017-04-21at15_37_00.thumb.png.fa3514cca3ed7f97ca0aca32df0d945b.png

Ulloa had more than double the minutes what is your point there? Slimani feet aren't good either, but in my opinion they are better than Ulloa's. And for me a striker that struggles to score 10+ goals in a season, is a striker that doesn't score goals. Slimani always scored 10+ goals in one season, and the last he scored 31. So yes he didn't show he is far superior to Ulloa this season, you are correct on that matter, but he has shown he is superior. Again, he has flaws obviously, and hasn't shown near the value Leicester has payed for him, to me he was never worth 35M, but the amount of hate he has is ridiculous, because he hardly played this season and still made some things happen when he played. And how is Ulloa's control better than Slimani? The things he is better than Slimani is winning aerial duels in the midfield, and holding up the ball, although Slimani can hold up the ball too, just not as effective as Ulloa.

21 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Try that again, but this time with the "per 90" metric, rather than per game. Don't know whether it changes things greatly or not, but using per game is disingenuous; Slimani has come on as a sub a lot of the time, whereas Ulloa was generally a starter in his first season.

It doesn't make any difference, I clicked on both. Feel free to try it.

Archived