Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Final Fantasy XV

42 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Carried on a bit more of the story. Onto Chapter 6 now and had some pretty decent fights. I am level 40 now and currently on top of a volcano doing a side quest. Found the soundtrack to FF9. Forgot how good the battle music was in that game.

I've been there, there's one to take a photo but it branches off into it's own side quest I'm guessing with a big nasty at the end, I ditched it for a bit as I was a bit under leveled but will return. Level 40 @ Chapter 6 is well OP you should be having very few problems on the main quest.....I think I'm on 7 about level 38 and having no issues at all. Think it could be easiest one in the main series main quest wise at least, and II was very easy.

35 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I've been there, there's one to take a photo but it branches off into it's own side quest I'm guessing with a big nasty at the end, I ditched it for a bit as I was a bit under leveled but will return. Level 40 @ Chapter 6 is well OP you should be having very few problems on the main quest.....I think I'm on 7 about level 38 and having no issues at all. Think it could be easiest one in the main series main quest wise at least, and II was very easy.

It does seem really easy. With Ignis regroup ability I barely use items to heal. Don't think I've used 1 elixir yet. Potions hav been more than sufficient. Hopefully there r some mega hard bosses like the Weapons

Had the chance of digging a bit deeper into this over the weekend.

I'm taking a massive amount of time roaming each area (currently past Chapter 2, I think - near the marsh and still have to check the Chocobo forest) which becomes a bit repetitive, really. Managed to enter the mines next to the first motel without reading up on it and died at the very bottom because of the encounter with *bleep*. Fast travel could've been made a bit easier early in the game (initial loading times are rather massive). Also doing a lot of monster hunting already and have made it to Lvl 24 by now, I think. Fishing and cooking (at campsites) are fun.

A few points that really bug me:

The lack of additional armour and weapons. You can customize your initial weaponry and find additional items early on, but I'm longing for a larger selection.

When you dash, your three friends catch up with you easily and one of them usually manages to block just the very same way I'm going with Noctis. Very annoying.

The magitek unit deployments are aggravating, especially when you're in the midst of a challenging battle against multiple enemies already and the game decides to drop a load of 8, 10 robots on top of it all. Not what I need.

Automated driving still leaves me with a serious question mark (even on manual, all you can do is steer left and right at crossroads).

I want more summons and I want them earlier in the game! lol

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Had the chance of digging a bit deeper into this over the weekend.

I'm taking a massive amount of time roaming each area (currently past Chapter 2, I think - near the marsh and still have to check the Chocobo forest) which becomes a bit repetitive, really. Managed to enter the mines next to the first motel without reading up on it and died at the very bottom because of the encounter with *bleep*. Fast travel could've been made a bit easier early in the game (initial loading times are rather massive). Also doing a lot of monster hunting already and have made it to Lvl 24 by now, I think. Fishing and cooking (at campsites) are fun.

A few points that really bug me:

The lack of additional armour and weapons. You can customize your initial weaponry and find additional items early on, but I'm longing for a larger selection.

When you dash, your three friends catch up with you easily and one of them usually manages to block just the very same way I'm going with Noctis. Very annoying.

The magitek unit deployments are aggravating, especially when you're in the midst of a challenging battle against multiple enemies already and the game decides to drop a load of 8, 10 robots on top of it all. Not what I need.

Automated driving still leaves me with a serious question mark (even on manual, all you can do is steer left and right at crossroads).

I want more summons and I want them earlier in the game! lol

Magic is the best for them magitek just to do a huge amount of damage at the start. Do you use wait mode? Makes life a lot easier. 

I made the same mistake with that boss in the mine lol. Some good items in there as well. 

I never drive manually. Pointless. I just stick on a soundtrack and play on my phone whilst I earn AP and EXP driving round. 

Ive just used my first summon. Devestating damage 

i agree with the armour. Literally nothing around. I believe the DLC with rectify that tho. 

Just doing random bits last night. I'm at the point in Chapter 6 where they want me to go to the boat to Alticcia (if that's how you spell it lol ) I have basically left the girl standing there whilst i've just gone around doing every side quest i can find. I am lvl 44 now and still enjoy just running around doing bits and bobs. Really should continue the main story.

Got a nice little combo going with Prompto using Gravisphere then going straight in Gladiolus' Tempest. Does some serious damage on all enemies. Still only level 3 hunter so was doing some hunts last night. Gonna smash this over xmas. Might do more of the main story lol 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I don't use any magic or wait mode.

As the combat is that easy you literally have to hold 0 to win most of the time. 

Some of the bigger monsters rape the shit out of you if you aren't careful. Whats the strongest thing you have fought so far? How far have you got?

5 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Some of the bigger monsters rape the shit out of you if you aren't careful. Whats the strongest thing you have fought so far? How far have you got?

I'm about where you are and only level 39

The Fire Demons at night are literally the only thing I'd worry about attempting to take down so far, absolute everything on missions has been a breeze although I am saving a couple as they are higher level than me. 

I just seem to out level everything else though. 

28 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'm about where you are and only level 39

The Fire Demons at night are literally the only thing I'd worry about attempting to take down so far, absolute everything on missions has been a breeze although I am saving a couple as they are higher level than me. 

I just seem to out level everything else though. 

I know what you mean. 95% of the enemies you encounter are either too easy or just a simple potion on yourself is enough. I mean i am level 44. In no other FF game at level 44 is a potion good enough to heal yourself lol

I've still not met a daemon yet. As soon as night comes i go sleep. Might venture out 1 night and try my luck on one. I've got weapons that are super effective on daemons and not tried it out yet.

Any news on when the DLC is coming out? I am also surprised after the demo which heavily involved Carbuncle that i haven't seen or heard a mention from it. I just assumed from the demo it was like your partner throughout the whole game.

Have you been doing the photographer missions in Listallum? They are good if you are short of Gil. He gives you loads of Gil for missions that are quite easy.

6 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I know what you mean. 95% of the enemies you encounter are either too easy or just a simple potion on yourself is enough. I mean i am level 44. In no other FF game at level 44 is a potion good enough to heal yourself lol

I've still not met a daemon yet. As soon as night comes i go sleep. Might venture out 1 night and try my luck on one. I've got weapons that are super effective on daemons and not tried it out yet.

Any news on when the DLC is coming out? I am also surprised after the demo which heavily involved Carbuncle that i haven't seen or heard a mention from it. I just assumed from the demo it was like your partner throughout the whole game.

Have you been doing the photographer missions in Listallum? They are good if you are short of Gil. He gives you loads of Gil for missions that are quite easy.

There's no cure or anything though is there....just a very odd game such a jump away from the series norm. 

Yeah I'm well ahead of you on the photo missions was all over them lol 

At the level you are at you should walk a first stage demon I can take one down with relative ease. What happens once you kill one I think the next one and so forth that spawns will get progressively more powerful. 

21 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There's no cure or anything though is there....just a very odd game such a jump away from the series norm. 

Yeah I'm well ahead of you on the photo missions was all over them lol 

At the level you are at you should walk a first stage demon I can take one down with relative ease. What happens once you kill one I think the next one and so forth that spawns will get progressively more powerful. 

I cant do the next photo mission as its in Alticcia. Just done the one where i had to photo the imperial bases. I didn't even think about Cure Cura etc. I didnt realise FF7 etc where on iphone now. 

I will try the daemons next time i get on it. 

31 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I cant do the next photo mission as its in Alticcia. Just done the one where i had to photo the imperial bases. I didn't even think about Cure Cura etc. I didnt realise FF7 etc where on iphone now. 

I will try the daemons next time i get on it. 

The whole series up to IX  (bizarrely bar VIII for some reason) can be bought on iOS for iphone and ipad or Android, all the older ones are remade.

Made it through to the end (without consulting any walkthroughs).

I consider FF XV a great game with wonderful moments, great graphics on display and a fantastic fantasy world to get lost in, although it could've been even better if the level designers had spent more time thinking through what happens after you leave the initial continent. It feels rushed and badly patched after that, you're leaving the place with the anticipation of similar worlds to discover, only to be let down by linear gameplay and mostly very short additional chapters. Chapter 13 is a bit of a bitch, I've seen lots of people complain about it's length and dullness level. Although I do like its claustrophobic nature - it has an element of Resident Evil and Star Wars to it.

The storyline isn't the strongest point of the game, although that's mainly down to the time you (have to) spend in between the plot points. That renders the story a thin and stretched one.

Backstory for many characters is very rudimentary, you have to watch the anime series and/or the Kingsglaive movie to fully understand them and their motives. I definitely want more playable characters to join the party (even if it's just temporary).

Overall, controls feel a bit icky, as mentioned above. It's a bit frustrating when Noctis draws his weapon when all I want to do is dash. Or you want to pick up an item, but jump instead.

I was also longing for more dungeons, but those doors are there for a reason... The warp command has a bit of randomness to it, too. Sometimes, I got this feeling that FF XV took some gameplay elements off Konami's MG Rising: Revengeance.

Love the idea of the boosts you obtain by eating different types of food, although coupled with the general medium difficulty, it takes away a certain amount of challenge and edge. You can level up quite a bit early on and don't have to fear a thing later. Either because you only need to buy a small amount of healing items that do it or because Ignis' recovery ability comes in handy, in particular during boss battles. And some of the accessories you acquire later in the game help you recover rather easily.

The one weapon you receive later is slightly too powerful when fighting demons, the Ultima type spell is great fun to watch (when you see what happens to the enemies).

Love fishing, it's a very rewarding mini-game in itself, a true test of your patience and so many places to choose from. The Hunter missions are great, although it's a chore having to travel back and forth for one mission only. Why not being able to chase after several monsters one after the other, then earning each reward for reporting back just the one time?

I had such high hopes for the summons, but six just don't cut it and it's so much down to chance now which means you very rarely get to see them. Plus, it seems a bit laughable to obtain two spells that late into the game. And what's Carbuncle good for if you've got it in the Demo and can't use it? Up until completing the game, I managed to cast Ramuh about ten times, Shiva twice (twice towards the very end) and Titan once (as part of the storyline). Although I can sense that availability/frequency might change once you've reached the end and... no, not going to spoil this any more. I find it also harsh that only Noctis gets EXP upon summoning a beast. And it can take ages for the summon to appear, because you've got to hold the button all the time - in the meantime, enemies continue to pummel you.

Looking forward to what SquareEnix have in store in terms of additional updates/add-ons/DLC. Hope they don't charge you the world for it, although I can sense that's what they're planning to do with the franchise.

Got this for Christmas, and managed to do about 12 hours so far. I've just started chapter 3 and I'm level 24. 

I'm really enjoying the exploration side of it, but I think it'll all become a bit repetitive after a while. The dungeons are great, and now that I've finally discovered I can use magic, I'll stock up on that and head for the mines :)

It's a shame there isn't more variety when it comes to weapons and armour (especially the latter) but I think the DLC should sort that out.

2 hours ago, glenny_fox said:

Got this for Christmas, and managed to do about 12 hours so far. I've just started chapter 3 and I'm level 24. 

I'm really enjoying the exploration side of it, but I think it'll all become a bit repetitive after a while. The dungeons are great, and now that I've finally discovered I can use magic, I'll stock up on that and head for the mines :)

It's a shame there isn't more variety when it comes to weapons and armour (especially the latter) but I think the DLC should sort that out.

From what I've herd the DLC, well the early doors stuff anyway, is going to focus on mini stories as opposed to adding to the main game.

I love the look of this game. But the amount of downtime is infuriating. Driving around in cars and running for ages across maps isn't what final fantasy is about. Throw in the ridiculous night and day cycle and you just have a giant timesink. 

I want a story. Not mind numbing time wasting. :/

On 1/1/2017 at 23:46, Innovindil said:

I love the look of this game. But the amount of downtime is infuriating. Driving around in cars and running for ages across maps isn't what final fantasy is about. Throw in the ridiculous night and day cycle and you just have a giant timesink. 

I want a story. Not mind numbing time wasting. :/

Well driving i get you but I'd argue that, you have to run across world maps for stints at a time in every single one. Especially the ones that make you grind to continue.

Get on the regalia side quests ASAP, that'll increase your top speed meaning longest journeys are 5 minutes and at roughly level 45 you should be able to get a side quest to get some headlights which will mean you can drive around at night without worry. Eventually you can even get infinite fuel.

On 1/2/2017 at 07:58, The People's Hero said:

Is the consensus to wait a year or so until there is sufficient dlc and expansion to fix the rushed latter half of the game ?

Story is generally not that strong for an FF and no amount of updates and fixes are going to fix that, but it is fine bar the fact is it short for an FF and chapter 13....I wouldn't call it rushed as if anything it goes on far too long and they should be cutting it down, but yes if you are purely interested in story and have plenty of other games to play I wouldn't rush out too buy it.

I've played a fair bit now. Currently on Chapter 10 and level 56. Still loving it but now the game has gone a bit linear. I've heard of the dreaded chapter 13 but I don't know what it's about. I've not checked on google or anything. Is it really that dull?

11 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've played a fair bit now. Currently on Chapter 10 and level 56. Still loving it but now the game has gone a bit linear. I've heard of the dreaded chapter 13 but I don't know what it's about. I've not checked on google or anything. Is it really that dull?

It's just the fact that the game as part of the original storyline becomes so linear once you leave the initial continent. There's so much anticipation and it feels like a big letdown after all the splendor and freedom to roam. Chapter 13 being the prime example. And yes, that chapter is dull... Or let's say, highly monotonous.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

It's just the fact that the game as part of the original storyline becomes so linear once you leave the initial continent. There's so much anticipation and it feels like a big letdown after all the splendor and freedom to roam. Chapter 13 being the prime example. And yes, that chapter is dull... Or let's say, highly monotonous.

Yea it feels like it will be such a let down from the beginning open world section to then go really linear is such a shame. I will give my verdict once ive got to chapter 13.

36 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

20 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

And long......It's hardly a game changer IMO (I know others think it's that bad it is) but yeah let themselves down a bit with that one. 

I like it once it got linear to be fair pushed the story on nicely, and you can still go back to Lucis anytime you want. 

Actually liking it more now I've completed the story as some of the 55+ side missions are actually interesting, optional bosses and dungeons are actually borderline challenging .....also trying to get all the skills to 10. 

33 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

And long......It's hardly a game changer IMO (I know others think it's that bad it is) but yeah let themselves down a bit with that one. 

I like it once it got linear to be fair pushed the story on nicely, and you can still go back to Lucis anytime you want. 

Actually liking it more now I've completed the story as some of the 55+ side missions are actually interesting, optional bosses and dungeons are actually borderline challenging .....also trying to get all the skills to 10. 

Yea i've not tried to go back yet. I assume those doors i've come across in dungeons that say I cant open are doors that open post story?

I've currently got photography to level 10 but the others are around level 6. I really like the fishing side quests. I will be back on it tonight.

I did decide to go into a dungeon ( if I remember correctly it was where the headlights were that you mentioned earlier) I went round for ages and couldn't find them but I did stumble on a door with 4 locks. Thought yea ill find the keys to unlock. Did that and came across a level 50 boss. I thought shit I haven't saved it for ages but I managed to beat it. That was borderline difficult but the rest of the game has been piss easy

lol 

The Level 55+ dungeons you can access once you've finished are a great idea, keep the suspense and anticipation up to a top level. Finished the first and it was a bit of a chore, as you don't get a proper map and it's highly irritating in terms of level design (repetitive). But the rewards make up for it (despite me already being on Level 99 lol).

But I dare you attempt Pitioss Ruins. If you beat that maze, you can really pat yourself on the back. It's the epitome of frustration in good old Mega Man fashion. I'll luckily never have to go back to that place. 

Archived