Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2017 Deathlist

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MikeyT said:

Robert Hardy has died aged 91. 

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Hywel Bennett, aged 73.

Both big stars in the 80s. All Creatures Great and Small and Shelley were top shows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Both big stars in the 80s. All Creatures Great and Small and Shelley were top shows.

I forgot he was in ACGAS - to me he was always Cornelius Fudge in Harry Potter.

Shelley was brilliant.

On 7/31/2017 at 11:50, MC Prussian said:

Jeanne Moreau dead at age 89:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jul/31/jeanne-moreau-star-of-jules-et-jim-dies-aged-89

Catherine now re-united with Jules.

One of my all-time favourite films, "Jules et Jim". Extraordinary emotional range, both the film and Moreau's performance in it. Her stunning looks help, of course.

Yes, I see the Jules actor died young years ago, but the Jim actor is still going.

Here's the trailer: 

I knew he was in the final stages of alzheimers, but still upsetting to hear he's passed away.  I grew up listening to Glen Campbell - trips to Skeggy with the grandparents.  A great voice & loved him in True Grit too.  Sad news

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

and guitar pickingGlen Campbell aged 81.

For me he was America in song. Rhinestone Cowboy, Wichita Lineman, they embodied the loneliness of America's Midwest. The emptiness and loneliness of that vast area was endemic in his songs. But then there was joy in his work as well. He did covers of Greenday among others

For those that appreciate lyrics and guitar picking check out "Gentle on My Mind" 

He might be decried for being an old CW nonentity but he was absolutely the epitome of American country. Maybe more so than Johnny Cash

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...