Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2017 Deathlist

On 25/10/2017 at 16:39, StanSP said:

wow. I think in all my time on FT (nearly 10 years :o?!), this is the first time I've got one right :( 

I can't say the same thing. That's 3 gone from mine again this year. I'd hate to find out my hit rate.

On 04/01/2017 at 17:17, General Smuts said:

Continued my trend of one of mine not making the new year - I'll swap Liz Smith out as below;

1. Charles Manson (updated)

2. Gordon Banks

3. Mary Tyler Moore

4. Jimmy Snuka (updated)
5. Vera Lynn

Bonus: Lil Wayne

Someone go round and check on Gordon and Vera please.

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Jana Novotna aged 49

How sad. I didn’t realise she had cancer :(

Will always remember her crying at Wimbledon when the Duchess of Kent consoled her

RIP 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Jana Novotna aged 49

I remember when she won Wimbledon it was just amazing, she came back from two previous Wimbledon finals defeats. the most famous when she lost to Steffi Graf after being 5 - 2 up in the final set, it was heartbreaking to watch and then the shear relief when she beat Tauziet to win Wimbledon. she played her way into peoples hearts and will be sorely missed.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Rodney Bewes, 79 :(:( 

WHAT BECAME OF THE PEOPLE WE USED TO BE

One of my all time favourite TV show themes, the lyrics get more appropriate with each passing day.

Loved the programme but somewhat dated now.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, davieG said:

One of my all time favourite TV show themes, the lyrics get more appropriate with each passing day.

Loved the programme but somewhat dated now.

Meloncholic memories...

Sometimes some Sketches seemed to hover into my own and best mates Humerous moments...Then the theme music, must of drifted into all our "parts of our young lives"

Leaves a lump in my throat...

Great shame, loved that show and watched it with my Dad.

The No Hiding Place episode is one of the best episodes of TV I've seen.

I remember really hating David Cassidy when I was about 9 - incomprehensible slush for girls.

I remember buying some packs of pop star stickers, hoping for some good ones of Sweet, Slade or T. Rex, but them being full of Cassidy & the Jackson 5. I was fuming.

He went up in my estimation when, many years later, I read that unlike Donny Osmond he hadn't just devoted his attention to bibles, tooth polish and luxury mansions.

Allegedly he was a monstrous shagger of groupies who later developed a monstrous booze habit. He seemed quite a human, humorous bloke when I saw him interviewed, too.

Good luck in the celestial choir, David!

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Certainly went big on David Cassidy on Radio 2 today. You'd have thought it was David Bowie again.

Lots of female listeners in their fifties who had schoolgirl crushes on him in the early 70s?

He was a massive pinup for pre-pubescent girls back then, as I recall, pop gossip mags full of him etc.

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

Lots of female listeners in their fifties who had schoolgirl crushes on him in the early 70s?

He was a massive pinup for pre-pubescent girls back then, as I recall, pop gossip mags full of him etc.

I vaguely remember that although I think the girls had moved on to Donny Osmond and The Bay City Rollers by the time my more coherent memories were formed. 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I vaguely remember that although I think the girls had moved on to Donny Osmond and The Bay City Rollers by the time my more coherent memories were formed. 

Funny, I remembered Cassidy and Donny as contemporaries, but Cassidy was probably around a bit earlier, then co-existed with Donny - and then the Rollers came along.

Can remember my female cousins, their selves and rooms all decked out in tartan...