Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Roma or Lazio?

Guest MattP
10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If that's got European implications it could be a fantastic game, hope for you it's not a dead rubber by then. I'm sure I don't need to tell you they're 4th and 5th atm with a point between them in the race for CL. 

Be great to see either Icardi or Ciro Immobile there but I'm not gonna lie, my bias is with Inter. I was always more AC growing up but I've got a lot of fondness for this Inter team. 

They can be turgid but when they're good they're great. I love watching Icardi, he's so instinctive. Always been very much in admiration of fantastic finishers that are neither all that fast or strong. 

I was hoping one of them was going to challenge as they were both up there at the start but unfortunately it's gone a bit tits up.

Icardi is turning into one of the best strikers in the World, I'm looking forward to seeing him.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

I was hoping one of them was going to challenge as they were both up there at the start but unfortunately it's gone a bit tits up.

Icardi is turning into one of the best strikers in the World, I'm looking forward to seeing him.

If they don't make the top four I reckon he may be off this year.

It depends if one of the top clubs wants to take a punt on his attitude. He's such a ****ing oddball he's perfectly at home in a country that can let Bunga Bunga go. 

I hope he doesn't come and play for some team I hate in the Prem (which is all of them.)

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If they don't make the top four I reckon he may be off this year.

It depends if one of the top clubs wants to take a punt on his attitude. He's such a ****ing oddball he's perfectly at home in a country that can let Bunga Bunga go. 

I hope he doesn't come and play for some team I hate in the Prem (which is all of them.)

In an ideal world I think he'd be a top replacement for Vardy here but that doesn't' look realistic now. 

Do you listen to the totally football show podcast? They usually do a decent bit on Serie A after the Premier League, AC Jimbo presents it and he's still top notch, good show to keep up with the game on the continent. 

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

In an ideal world I think he'd be a top replacement for Vardy here but that doesn't' look realistic now. 

Do you listen to the totally football show podcast? They usually do a decent bit on Serie A after the Premier League, AC Jimbo presents it and he's still top notch, good show to keep up with the game on the continent. 

Love the Totally Football Show podcast - always a great listen. l Have you listened to the Golazo one too? Usually looking back at one or two classic events. The one on Maradona's time at Napoli and Gigi Buffon were particularly great. 

There's also a half decent 90s Football Podcast with Jose Widdicombe and this weeks pod is with Jimbo talking all things 90s Italia which i'm looking forward to listening to. 

Guest MattP
2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Love the Totally Football Show podcast - always a great listen. l Have you listened to the Golazo one too? Usually looking back at one or two classic events. The one on Maradona's time at Napoli and Gigi Buffon were particularly great. 

There's also a half decent 90s Football Podcast with Jose Widdicombe and this weeks pod is with Jimbo talking all things 90s Italia which i'm looking forward to listening to. 

I've still not gone for the Golazo one I'll give them a download this week and let you know what I think. Sounds excellentm

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

I've still not gone for the Golazo one I'll give them a download this week and let you know what I think. Sounds excellentm

Love the Golazzo pod. They always have some great anecdotes and behind the scenes insights around rivalries, teams and players I remember very fondly from watching Football Italia, (and Championship Manager) back in the day.

I'd largely forgotten about Beppe Signori until last week's episode and it took me back to playing CM2 on my old IBM. He was always someone I'd try to sign, and it turns out he was a bit of a legendary character.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Love the Golazzo pod. They always have some great anecdotes and behind the scenes insights around rivalries, teams and players I remember very fondly from watching Football Italia, (and Championship Manager) back in the day.

I'd largely forgotten about Beppe Signori until last week's episode and it took me back to playing CM2 on my old IBM. He was always someone I'd try to sign, and it turns out he was a bit of a legendary character.

So much nostalgia, it's great! 

Yeah I didn't realise the whole backstory behind Beppe Signori until last week, mental! Be interesting to see how that plays out. It's also inspired me to purchase a retro Serie A jersey of some sort but currently undecided. I always liked AC as a kid/teenager, but i'd love to get a vintage Mancini Sampa shirt. 

41 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

So much nostalgia, it's great! 

Yeah I didn't realise the whole backstory behind Beppe Signori until last week, mental! Be interesting to see how that plays out. It's also inspired me to purchase a retro Serie A jersey of some sort but currently undecided. I always liked AC as a kid/teenager, but i'd love to get a vintage Mancini Sampa shirt. 

I've always loved the Samp shirt - then I found myself really drawn to Vincenzo Montella and Siniša Mihajlović in their '96-97 squad, and they've been my favourite Serie A team since.

It's right up there with the best shirt designs in Europe, always has been.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The golazzo pod this week was pretty amazing, interesting insight to Lazio in the 70s like. I've always preferred Lazio, purely because I always thought De Rossi and totti were fannys

Wash your mouth with soap! 

Great pod though, I agree. The story about the shooting range at their training ground puts the crazy gang into perspective. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MattP
On 08/04/2018 at 10:32, NorthfieldsFox said:

Lazio are the Milwall/Chelsea of Italian Football , they are a racist Facist xenophobic club followed by Nazi scum ultra’s 

On 22/04/2018 at 21:04, Mr Mister said:

Roma. Lazio are racist bastards.

The Roma ultras are just as far-right as Lazio these days, historically they were left leaning but it started to change around the mid 90's, now there is no difference between them and the Roma lot are more violent than Lazio.  The Ultra who shot and killed the Napoli fan a few years back was very closely aligned with far-right groups.

Marcotti has written a good article about it in The Times today, since the turn of the century fans of AC Milan, Juventus, Lazio, Atalanta, Torino, Seina , Bologna, Messina, Livorno, Catania, Napoli, Leece, Genoa, Galatasaray, CSKA, Feyenoord, Real Madrid, Olympiakos, Shaktar, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Middlesbrough, Liverpol and Man Utd  have been stabbed by the Roma mob.

35 minutes ago, MattP said:

The Roma ultras are just as far-right as Lazio these days, historically they were left leaning but it started to change around the mid 90's, now there is no difference between them and the Roma lot are more violent than Lazio.  The Ultra who shot and killed the Napoli fan a few years back was very closely aligned with far-right groups.

Marcotti has written a good article about it in The Times today, since the turn of the century fans of AC Milan, Juventus, Lazio, Atalanta, Torino, Seina , Bologna, Messina, Livorno, Catania, Napoli, Leece, Genoa, Galatasaray, CSKA, Feyenoord, Real Madrid, Olympiakos, Shaktar, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Middlesbrough, Liverpol and Man Utd  have been stabbed by the Roma mob.

You can't fault their elegance 

image.jpeg.5a9c44d0a6e3a006a58725cc481356fb.jpeg

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Have you got a link to the article?