Jump to content
Amin

The Last Of Us Part II

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...
On 28/09/2019 at 09:34, leicsmac said:

...what, there's an A-list title that won't be a mindless sell-out for the online multiplayer community first and a single-player title second?

 

Wonders will never cease.

 

Now this is an old post to reply to sorry I've just seen it.


TLOU Multiplayer was actually pretty good. It seemed to really work with the playable characters being so human, the ammo being limited, and the heavy emphasis on positioning and stealth. Most importantly it didn't compromise the single player quality in anyway. I'm a little disappointed factions is going but allegedly it is going to be released as a stand alone release. Possibly on free to play model.

 

I think bolt Multiplayer's are becoming less frequent although funnily enough the worst example of one this generation has to be Naughty Dogs very own Terrible Uncharted MP. (which again didn't affect the quality of the SP so forgivable)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

 

Now this is an old post to reply to sorry I've just seen it.


TLOU Multiplayer was actually pretty good. It seemed to really work with the playable characters being so human, the ammo being limited, and the heavy emphasis on positioning and stealth. Most importantly it didn't compromise the single player quality in anyway. I'm a little disappointed factions is going but allegedly it is going to be released as a stand alone release. Possibly on free to play model.

 

I think bolt Multiplayer's are becoming less frequent although funnily enough the worst example of one this generation has to be Naughty Dogs very own Terrible Uncharted MP. (which again didn't affect the quality of the SP so forgivable)

Yeah, that was sort of my point in the OP.

 

TLOU managed to do both well rather than bowing to the cash-cow god of online multiplayer and thus neglecting the single player experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

70% of Naughty Dog's developing team have left after Uncharted 4. Hence the delay.

Quote

One major consequence of this culture has been attrition. Of the 20 non-lead designers in the credits of 2016’s Uncharted 4, a whopping 14—70 percent—are no longer at the studio, which has had wide-ranging effects on the development of The Last of Us II and led to questions about the continued viability of the Naughty Dog approach. Some Naughty Dog veterans tolerate or even enjoy the crunch, while a handful have even found ways to work normal hours, but those speaking to Kotaku say they see it as an untenable atmosphere.

...

With 70 percent of the non-lead designers and a significant number of artists who worked on Uncharted 4 now gone, the company has had to fill those roles with less experienced staff, many of whom hadn’t worked on Naughty Dog games before The Last of Us II.

https://kotaku.com/as-naughty-dog-crunches-on-the-last-of-us-ii-developer-1842289962

There seems to be an issue with the company's work ethos (loads of overtime, burnouts).

 

There's also fans angry about what they perceive to be a woke message in TLOU II. A massive amount of spoilers have leaked recently by an allegedly pissed off former Naughty Dog employee who didn't get paid.

https://www.newsweek.com/last-us-part-2-spoilers-footage-cutscenes-leaked-social-media-ps4-1500346

 

Edited by MC Prussian
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, pretty lame to see it leaked and spoiled for people. We've got a new date now though (June 19th) so just got to avoid spoilers until then. :smile: Some people have moaned about Ellie being gay in the previous games already ('SJW' blahblahblah), so I'll take the 'woke' comments with a pinch of salt until I play it myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ithuriel said:

After what I've read, seen on YouTube, not going to bother, first game will do me just fine.

....is there a non-spoiler way of explaining why, please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

....is there a non-spoiler way of explaining why, please?

Not really so I'm not going to do any spoilery shit here, if you want to buy it, wait for reviews you can trust first rather than spending a fair bit of cash on a game that might disappoint.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Not really so I'm not going to do any spoilery shit here, if you want to buy it, wait for reviews you can trust first rather than spending a fair bit of cash on a game that might disappoint.

Fair enough and thanks for the heads-up. To be honest with most games released now I tend to wait til a while after release (tend to have a fair few updates to iron out the bugs) and a drop in price before going for them anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Fair enough and thanks for the heads-up. To be honest with most games released now I tend to wait til a while after release (tend to have a fair few updates to iron out the bugs) and a drop in price before going for them anyway.

Best policy these days for games and movies it seems :fc:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Man alive like lockdown boredom made me look up all the fuss about this game, from what I’ve seen I can’t see me buying it now, although I’ll see if I can find an impartial review first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 15:49, Sir Shep said:

Man alive like lockdown boredom made me look up all the fuss about this game, from what I’ve seen I can’t see me buying it now, although I’ll see if I can find an impartial review first. 

Well, the soap opera is ongoing, I'd only go from reviews you can absolutely 100% trust

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Well, the soap opera is ongoing, I'd only go from reviews you can absolutely 100% trust

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

That man has spent a long time trying to emulate Sargon of Akkad's early success with gamergate by seeking to uncover his own oppressive sjw regimes at every turn, it takes very little compelling evidence for him to go off on long, prejudiced rants.  So if he's triggered by this game then all that tells us is it doesn't pander to him with anime schoolgirls and barrel-chested space marines, he serves very little value as an impartial arbiter of a game's content.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That man has spent a long time trying to emulate Sargon of Akkad's early success with gamergate by seeking to uncover his own oppressive sjw regimes at every turn, it takes very little compelling evidence for him to go off on long, prejudiced rants.  So if he's triggered by this game then all that tells us is it doesn't pander to him with anime schoolgirls and barrel-chested space marines, he serves very little value as an impartial arbiter of a game's content.

That's just one person of many talking about the shit storm over this game and was the latest video at the time of posting as an example, it is a soap opera and is not looking good, that's why I stated reviews since he himself has said he is not interested in buying the game, not video blogs or paid for websites but reviews the buyer can trust, :facepalm: Sony has not handled this well at all.

Edited by ithuriel
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

That's just one person of many talking about the shit storm over this game and was the latest video at the time of posting as an example, it is a soap opera and is not looking good, that's why I stated reviews since he himself has said he is not interested in buying the game, not video blogs or paid for websites but reviews the buyer can trust, :facepalm:

I don't own a PS4 and I'm never going to play this game so I've not been following it, can you clear it up for me a bit because I've had a quick look and found an article summarising the leaked plot and an article complaining about trans people?  If the outrage is about gender role exploration then it's patently not coming from fans of the first game so I'd ignore it, if it's about the plot being leaked I'd still ignore it because then it can't ruin the game for you, though I guess that's too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just not in the mood.

As per what I've said before, wait for reviews  the buyer can trust before spending hard earned cash one way or the other.

Personally I'm going to wait and see, not like the price is going to increase at all if I was to buy it.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Way to go putting spoilers out in this thread :facepalm:and considering you aren't going to buy the game or have played the previous one or have a PS4 then no, I'm not wasting my time in pointless chatter with you, sorry if that's a little terse but just not in the mood at present.

Most of the soap opera has come from the way ND and Sony have handled the leaks about what happens to what character by whom, that  have upset a number of gamers if true, .

As per what I've said before, wait for reviews  the buyer can trust before spending hard earned cash one way or the other.

Personally I'm going to wait and see, not like the price is going to increase at all if I was to buy it.

That wasn't a spoiler, calm down.  I'm just telling you that the top articles about the controversy highlight people complaining about a potential trans character, being familiar with the first game's storyline I know that's not going to be an issue for its fans so I figure this soap opera you're following but don't want to talk about is centred on a different topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

That wasn't a spoiler, calm down.  I'm just telling you that the top articles about the controversy highlight people complaining about a potential trans character, being familiar with the first game's storyline I know that's not going to be an issue for its fans so I figure this soap opera you're following but don't want to talk about is centred on a different topic.

 

Peeps aren't happy about a main character from the first game being killed off straight away amongst other things, would be like killing off Ripley at the start of Aliens

Also the way ND and Sony have handled the whole affair leaves a really bad taste in the mouth,

As for my mood, I'm a bit fed up because I find it difficult to sleep sometimes because my chest is still giving me grief at times so sorry if I flew off the handle.

Edited by ithuriel
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Well, the soap opera is ongoing, I'd only go from reviews you can absolutely 100% trust

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of YouTube videos with a lot of outrage, but the alleged involvement of Anita Sarkeesian is a concern so that’s why I’ll need a balanced review rather than IGN etc who’ll score it a 10 regardless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to play this, I might even break my own rule and pre order it. Possibly twice.

 

Just to let Sony and Naughty Dog know I fully support their stance of rustling the jimmies of little incels on social media and that they should make way more games with lesbian feminist heroes just for the lulz. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...