Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Claudio Get the full season no matter what , vote

Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter qatar   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter what

• I agree he stays no matter what
    • I disagree

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Personally, I think they are "average" players (aside from a couple - Drinkwater for instance) and Kante made them look a lot better. But overall Ranieri takes credit for last season - of course he does, he's the manager - just as he takes the critics this season.

Exactly, so this wonderful squad being left to Ranieri idea is a myth.

I just find it interesting people wouldnt trust a manager who is capable of winning a Premier League to turn us around. But they would trust managers who have achieved next to nothing, or done it all at much lower levels.

The loss of Kante is another one. The chances of finding a player that good, even with Walsh on board are so remote, the chances of hanging onto him are even more remote when hes demonstrated how good he is and clubs with budgets 5 times as big as ours come calling, who can offer success most seasons going forwards.

To replace him, it would take someone world class. A world class finished article is not ever going to come to Leicester

To think Ranieri wouldnt have tried to replace him, i dont personally think thats true

4 hours ago, Jacnah said:

It's also true that usually, admittedly not in all cases, chopping managers in and out when things get a little worrying never ends well.

Changing the manager might not be addressing the principle drivers of why things are going wrong.

i must admit I'm torn regarding Claudio's position

I agree changing the manager isn't always a good thing. But if there is a pattern of poor performance, signings are not good and the manager is not necessarily the right profile for a relegation battle, then there are valid reasons to make the change.

I remember Pearson having a wobble, but everything else stacked up and he came through it. It was a wobble, the group was strong and we were putting in mainly good performances.

This is poor performances, signings not working, giving out high contracts, a manager who hasn't any experience of a Premier League relegation battle 

see ya Claudio, but thanks for last season 

6 hours ago, weller54 said:

I'd love to see cambiasso back at the club in an assistant managerial role... The guy is a class act! 

Has played under Del Bosque, Mancini, Mourinho, Benitez, Ranieri, Bielsa, Maradona, Pearson, from whom I think he learnt the most. He's going to be a class manager one day, let's get him now, totally agree!

Seems like a few on the same topic but unless we are rock bottom with no hope and drubbed out of the CL why would we get rid of him - because the 3rd string keeper and makeshift defence struggled against a top European team away? 3 wins between now and mid Jan and we'll be loving it again - snap out of it

11 hours ago, LCFC_World said:

Can someone please explain why you would be unhappy if Pearson was reinstated as manager? I'm not saying it's ever going to happen but he is the best manager this club has ever had. 

Errr best manager we've ever had?!?! You're either to young to remember Martin O'Neill or you are Nigel Pearson

10 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Errr best manager we've ever had?!?! You're either to young to remember Martin O'Neill or you are Nigel Pearson

Best manager we ever had lol 

these kids haven't a clue , what martin did with us was amazing a truly great manager 

What shite.

An injury, a poor signing not his fault, a failure to buy a N'golo replacement, new premiership jostling rules, a suspension of our only consistently premiership quality midfielder and a failure to find a system for us and it's knives out.

Had we be doing okay in the mid table, and we received word he's looking to leave for elsewhere, many would be screaming the loyalty card.

nearly all of our players dont care which i kind of understand, they have peaked and now several are getting crazy money.

claudio doesnt seem able to motivate them and we have become push overs.

i cant see where the next win is coming from.

maybe this is just a rough patch and we should "keep the faith".

surely though, ranieri will force the owners into a decision if we continue to decline

21 hours ago, LCFC_World said:

Tbh I enjoyed the great escape season as much as I did last season. Let's get ourselves in an impossible poistion and do it all again. It'd be quite fun. 

The problem with that is we have to make a lot of improvement to be as "bad" as we were then, we weren't getting hammered quite as badly as we are doing these days. Got to agree it was very exciting when the luck and results finally started to go our way. One things for sure, it won't be a normal season. Leicester City just don't do "Normal"

If Ranieri is still playing this formation in February, after he's had a month to get some players in, and we're still dreadful, then I will struggle to make a case for keeping him - and it's sad but that is a genuine possibility at this rate. Who do you honestly see our next win coming from?

Relegation could absolutely cripple this club.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Ranieri is still playing this formation in February, after he's had a month to get some players in, and we're still dreadful, then I will struggle to make a case for keeping him - and it's sad but that is a genuine possibility at this rate. Who do you honestly see our next win coming from?

Relegation could absolutely cripple this club.

You know I rate you big time as a poster Dan, but don't you think that might be too late?

I guess it's about gambling really. IF we bring in other players (always tough in January) and we still aren't any good, who then could come in and turn our fortunes around? Who would want to, or could by then?

I dunno. It's amazing we are having this discussion after last season.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You know I rate you big time as a poster Dan, but don't you think that might be too late?

I guess it's about gambling really. IF we bring in other players (always tough in January) and we still aren't any good, who then could come in and turn our fortunes around? Who would want to, or could by then?

I dunno. It's amazing we are having this discussion after last season.

Yeah I agree with you really. I think ultimately I'd need to hear what his plans are to turn this around to convince me that he can do it, but I'll never hear them. His track record in such scenarios doesn't bode well for us either.

This is some serious capitulation. No-one crumbles like Leicester.

17 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Are you being sarcastic? 

Martin O'Neill was a fantastic manager for us without question.

However, winning a PL title on a shoestring budget with mainly shit players is a far bigger achievement. 

It had not been done before, whereas winning a league cup and playing in Europe had. 

That said, if things don't change  in the next few weeks in terms of the player's application we may have to do something.

In my opinion, we give him the season. If we get relegated, which I honestly do not think will happen, then I believe he will go anyway. I believe that he deserves the season - in all the years I have spent watching Leicester I have never experienced anything like last season. I don't want to become 'that' club that sacked their manager the season after the miracle! I want to see it play out. I want to give him every chance possible to turn it around. I think he will. I don't believe in 'short-term-ism' when it comes to managers. I watch so many teams 'get rid' with no change in fortune, but, admittedly, I also see teams 'get rid' with a positive change. In addition, I also see many teams 'keep faith' with their manager and a change of fortune results and we all forget that we were so close to the brink of change. For me, changing manager is a lottery anyway, and so I think we need to couple this to what happened last season and say that we are going to trust him to bring us through. And if he doesn't then we still have the memories.... and we rebuild as we have done before.

7 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Are you being sarcastic? 

Martin O'Neill was a fantastic manager for us without question.

However, winning a PL title on a shoestring budget with mainly shit players is a far bigger achievement. 

It had not been done before, whereas winning a league cup and playing in Europe had. 

That said, if things don't change  in the next few weeks in terms of the player's application we may have to do something.

He was talking about some numpty suggesting Pearson was out best ever ! 

44 minutes ago, Renart said:

In my opinion, we give him the season. If we get relegated, which I honestly do not think will happen, then I believe he will go anyway. I believe that he deserves the season - in all the years I have spent watching Leicester I have never experienced anything like last season. I don't want to become 'that' club that sacked their manager the season after the miracle! I want to see it play out. I want to give him every chance possible to turn it around. I think he will. I don't believe in 'short-term-ism' when it comes to managers. I watch so many teams 'get rid' with no change in fortune, but, admittedly, I also see teams 'get rid' with a positive change. In addition, I also see many teams 'keep faith' with their manager and a change of fortune results and we all forget that we were so close to the brink of change. For me, changing manager is a lottery anyway, and so I think we need to couple this to what happened last season and say that we are going to trust him to bring us through. And if he doesn't then we still have the memories.... and we rebuild as we have done before.

This 

I don't think he'll get sacked I think our owners aren't that type. We were bottom under Pearson. December through to end of March and the only real time his job was in danger was after he tried to strangle a player. I could be wrong of course!

Post match reaction of a manager influences me a lot on this issue

If he tells it exactly as it is then I have greater confidence in the manager to be able to address the problems

I don't believe that a player that has now taken their foot off the gas having achieved career goals and financial security will be anymore motivated by a change of  manager

On 12/7/2016 at 23:49, GaelicFox said:

He delivered us eternal memories , he is being let down by the players and he is possibly also not serving himself well right now. He is possibly too loyal to players who just can't meet his belief in them. 

The owners will never want to sack him , he is a good man and when he knows his time is up he will walk away. 

I believe He should not be sacked and if we go down we go down and we regroup and give him the chance to rebuild things. 

So its simple do you agree Claudio gets to stay till end of 2017 no matter what ? 

Big Fat NO! RC was never good in all his career. Last season was driven by the momentum created by that incredible escape the season prior. RC happened to be at the right place at the right time. That's a fact.

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Big Fat NO! RC was never good in all his career. Last season was driven by the momentum created by that incredible escape the season prior. RC happened to be at the right place at the right time. That's a fact.

Piss off Nigel lol 

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Ah, that word 'fact' - I can abuse it too.

Archived