Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Claudio Get the full season no matter what , vote

Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter qatar   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter what

• I agree he stays no matter what
    • I disagree

2 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

What total fecking nonsense! Claudio should stay.  Replace him?  With whom?  

Claudio has brought so many teams to the top, so many times.  To believe we can replace him easily is just nutty.  If the team is having a problem right now, it certainly isn't the coaching.  It happens.  And this 433 or 4231 garbage that everyone keeps saying is also ridiculous.  

We have many new players.  They will need to acclimate to the Prem.  This is not uncommon.  

Some here have the notion that "formation change" or a new manager would be best.  If this becomes reality we will end up like Swansea who seems destined for relegation.  Get real people!

So the manager is totally blameless? The is the same manager that actually suggested changing formation and was over ruled by the players... who the hell lets the players tell them what formation to play? Any idiot before these last 4/5 games knew that a midfield of just King and Amartey was looking for trouble. He's constantly sent us out handicapped, when they needed more protection in the middle.

To suggest the man in charge is blameless is frankly beyond belief. I want him to be given time, I want him to fix the problems. But he's not even attempting to do that. We're doing the same things over and over again and struggling every time and wondering why.

59 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm getting pissed off, well no, I'm already pissed off, getting quite angry now.

I've said this a few times already this season and I fear i'm going to be repeating myself many times more - We cannot thank Ranieri and the players enough for last season, however they cannot live off last season, it's an embarrassment that they're being called Champions, couldn't be further away.

We're not expecting too much, we're not expecting a repeat, but we're expecting to be comfortable, top half (Even if it's just inside the top half), we're not that far away, the league is quite tight, but the way we are playing, the games we are losing, not good enough, so poor, so concerning, so pathetic.

I think this is the thing that really hurts everyone at the moment. We're becoming a bit of a laughing stock now and I'm at the point where I can't listen to TalkSport or watch SSN any more because it's all becoming a bit humiliating.

It's bad enough that I live down South now and subject to constant piss take from Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal fans, but I can't pretend to laugh it off any more. No other fans gives a shit about what we did last season any more, and all they see now is how crap we've become and that we've got the worst away record of any defending champions.

All I wanted was to finish 8th this season and it could still happen, but it's painful to watch us right now. When people are comparing us to Wimbledon of the late 80's or Stoke under Pulis, you know it's bad. I still have faith that CR will turn it around, but sadly my confidence in him now is dwindling week by week.

I don't pay very close attention to other teams' tactics. So, does anyone know which other Premier League teams, if any, are currently playing 4-4-2?

There was someone (WBA?) who played something akin to a 4-4-2 against us, but with their 4 midfielders all playing quite narrow?

Not many teams play with 2 in the middle now, do they?

Under Pearson, in 14-15 we tried it and struggled more or less until we changed formation, as I recall.

Last season, of course, it worked brilliantly. But we had a truly exceptional central midfielder in Kante - and played various tactics that we now seem to have abandoned apart from against Man City (high pressing, a deep but narrow back line, counter-attacking fast but in different ways - not just hopeful long balls).

Many teams have responded to our tactics last season by having their own defence sit deeper to thwart through balls to Vardy, by sticking 2 or 3 men on Mahrez when he gets the ball in advanced positions etc.

I'm not sure what Claudio should do in response, tactically - but surely he should be doing something other than persisting with a (now) failing 4-4-2 system, apparently abandoning some of the successful elements of last season's system - and not having a counter-response to tactical adjustments made by opponents? Has our defence been playing further forward, with full-backs wider in a failing attempt to lend more support to the central midfield? If 2 or 3 opponents are on Mahrez in advanced positions, surely that should be creating openings for other players if the ball is moved on? If the adjusted 4-4-2 isn't working, why is he not either trying a different formation or even reverting to last season's tactics (which did work against Man City)?

I don't have the answers to these questions - but am concerned that Claudio doesn't either, and doesn't even seem to be asking the questions. 

Bournemouth didn't beat us because we were 4-4-2. We conceded because the defence switched off when we were attacking and got caught on the break. Would probably have happened under any system. Can't legislate for players switching off.

I didn't see the Bournemouth match so can't comment on that. But even if the goal was down to poor concentration or individual error, it sounds as if we didn't play well overall and didn't create much.

My comments and questions are based on the many other LCFC matches that I have seen over the past couple of months, when (Man City aside) we've often played poorly using 4-4-2, creating few chances, playing too much pointless hoofball and looking much more defensively vulnerable than last season (with a defence that doesn't seem to sit as deep and narrow as last season, less vigorous closing down than last season and less variety moving forward).

Against Man City, we played like we did last season. In some games earlier in the season, we played OK (not brilliant but OK). So, why have we played so poorly so often recently? Like @Izzy Muzzett, I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I'm not expecting a repeat of last season - and fully expected the Kante-shaped hole to be hard to fill. But I struggle to look much further than the tactical changes (less pressing, defence less deep/narrow, less variety breaking forward) and the formation. What are we saying otherwise, that the players could turn it on against Man City but couldn't be arsed against Sunderland or Bournemouth? That the early goals against Man City gave them back their confidence for 1 match only - when it is mostly the same squad that had the strength of character to win the title, and in most cases the same squad that managed the Great Escape the season before?

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

So the manager is totally blameless? The is the same manager that actually suggested changing formation and was over ruled by the players... who the hell lets the players tell them what formation to play? Any idiot before these last 4/5 games knew that a midfield of just King and Amartey was looking for trouble. He's constantly sent us out handicapped, when they needed more protection in the middle.

To suggest the man in charge is blameless is frankly beyond belief. I want him to be given time, I want him to fix the problems. But he's not even attempting to do that. We're doing the same things over and over again and struggling every time and wondering why.

Never said totally blameless. No one is.  But why Ranieri?  One still need the prime matter.  If your players are not performing up to snuff then who do you blame...the man standing on the sidelines?  The rest of you ungrateful wankers can say what you want.  I'm still with Ranieri!

16 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Never said totally blameless. No one is.  But why Ranieri?  One still need the prime matter.  If your players are not performing up to snuff then who do you blame...the man standing on the sidelines?  The rest of you ungrateful wankers can say what you want.  I'm still with Ranieri!

And so am I, I want him to get it right but all I see is him doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different.

Of course players shoulder some blame, but I think our issue is the style of play and how we are setting up. The players are being sent out to fail, teams have wised up and we need to do something different asap.

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I didn't see the Bournemouth match so can't comment on that. But even if the goal was down to poor concentration or individual error, it sounds as if we didn't play well overall and didn't create much.

My comments and questions are based on the many other LCFC matches that I have seen over the past couple of months, when (Man City aside) we've often played poorly using 4-4-2, creating few chances, playing too much pointless hoofball and looking much more defensively vulnerable than last season (with a defence that doesn't seem to sit as deep and narrow as last season, less vigorous closing down than last season and less variety moving forward).

Against Man City, we played like we did last season. In some games earlier in the season, we played OK (not brilliant but OK). So, why have we played so poorly so often recently? Like @Izzy Muzzett, I'm not asking for anything unreasonable. I'm not expecting a repeat of last season - and fully expected the Kante-shaped hole to be hard to fill. But I struggle to look much further than the tactical changes (less pressing, defence less deep/narrow, less variety breaking forward) and the formation. What are we saying otherwise, that the players could turn it on against Man City but couldn't be arsed against Sunderland or Bournemouth? That the early goals against Man City gave them back their confidence for 1 match only - when it is mostly the same squad that had the strength of character to win the title, and in most cases the same squad that managed the Great Escape the season before?

Agree with everything you say here mate. It's pretty clear to me the players aren't motivated enough or "at it" as much as the opposition in the Premier League are. Please see all our away games this season. When they are up for it  we are OK (Man City at home). Motivation comes from within and from the manager and for me the team maybe are hearing Ranieri but not really listening to him or putting it into practice. At least not enough of them are. He also has not got options to move and change things around without us getting pummelled. The squad is not as deep as we think. 

I think we may limp over the relegation line because there are at least 2 or 3 other rubbish teams (Swansea and Hull for a start). However I would like to see a shake-up and change with Ranieri possibly moving upstairs. Otherwise this season will be as drab as last season was golden. 

Oh and before we say what about the UCL - we will get a mullering in Seville I believe. 

Our Midfield away from home is sitting so deep as apart from Mahrez isn't up to much.

King - Bench warmer,stand in for 1 game or last 10 mins sub, neither a attacking or defensive midfielder.

Amartey - Has time on his side to learn but really needs a loan move to learn his trade as a defensive/attacking cm, were throwing him in the deep end and he looks lost at times.

Albrighton - As much as I cannot fault his workrate and attitude, I only ever see him have 1 great game in 10.

his crossing can be suspect at times head down and put it in the box.

Drinky is having to do too much work as he has to drop deep, tackle and sprint 40 yards to help the attack.

With (Dare I say his name) Kante he did the dogwork/pressing so drinky could have the time and space to pop 25 yard ball over the top for Vardy to run on to.

Now it's a 50 yard hopefull ball as he isn't finding himself in the correct positions like he was last season.

So our only attacking threat is Marhez and he is playing like he has the pressure of everyone as he knows he is the only player we have capable of carrying the ball and running at defences

On 12/13/2016 at 23:01, brucey said:

Claudio won't be sacked until we are at least out of the CL, as we aren't going to get a replacement manager with CL experience. That takes us to mid March. Even if we are nailed to the bottom of the table at that time, he will stay. The owners will keep faith in him, like with Pearson prior to the great escape. They also wouldn't want to be seen as disloyal to the PL winning manager. Besides, bringing in a brand new manager who doesn't know the players with 10 games left probably isn't a good idea. 

Drinky, Kasper, Mendy, James still out injured/not match fit + Fuchs and Huth on 4 yellows, takes us to Jan. AFCON then removes 3 crucial players, which takes us to Feb. Prioritising the CL distraction then takes us to mid March.

At that point, if another great escape is needed, not sure there is enough motivation and character left in the squad to pull it off again. He has lost some members of the dressing room already (Gray, Schlupp), and a string of poor results will add to that. The relegation battle is very real.

They'd rather that than be seen in the Championship. I'm surprised you're that confident to be honest.

I posted about two weeks ago...and had no responses...

I wonder if Claudio is like Sven?

First season at whatever team he has managed...he's like a breath of fresh air because he's so laid back, pleasant, approachable. And therefore the players feel at ease and give their best. Ranieri has always done well, I think, when he has taken over a team (apart from Greece?)

Then, the players start to take the pee. They kinda know they can get away with most stuff, and start to impose their own bravado onto the set up.

It might explain why it is the players who are deciding to stick with 442, as Ranieri himself has disclosed.

Its just a thought. 

Modern day footballers are spoilt. They've pretty much had to do nowt for themselves, even as kids. They are idolised, lavished with cars and money and lead a life pretty much devoid of reality. 

I wonder if they are simply taking over and the respect for Ranieri that was there in the first season, is now dwindling?

Ranieri is my hero after last year, but if Mancini would be available I'd be tearing his fvcking arm off at the moment.

This might not only be good for us, but keeping King Claudio in the highest regard that he rightly deserves. Quit whilst you're ahead type thing.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Then, the players start to take the pee. They kinda know they can get away with most stuff, and start to impose their own bravado onto the set up.

It might explain why it is the players who are deciding to stick with 442, as Ranieri himself has disclosed.

Its just a thought. 

Modern day footballers are spoilt. They've pretty much had to do nowt for themselves, even as kids. They are idolised, lavished with cars and money and lead a life pretty much devoid of reality. 

I wonder if they are simply taking over and the respect for Ranieri that was there in the first season, is now dwindling?

I suspected some players may have lost respect for Ranieri after Sunderland, and maybe taking Ranieri for a bit of a ride because of last season and their new wages/egos. Obviously I have no clue whether they do or not, but if they are pissing around then I hope Ranieri brings out his true inner-Italian anger and switches things up before it's too late.

I dont want ranieri out but the vote doesnt ask that. Theres too much at stake to let him have the whole season regardless. We have to improve, but he gets the transfer window for me and if we can stay 14th but show signs of improvement, its not great but i wouldn't want him sacked

To get rid of Claudio is ridiculous.

We need to remember who we are and where we've come from. 

Last year was a freak of nature, not taking away from what we did, but it’s a one off. The fact we can say we've won the premier league is something most clubs will never have the pleasure of saying and we need to remember this.

Granted this season is frustrating at times, but who cares! Call me a simple but, I'm happy we're playing premier league football for another season. Sitting mid/bottom half of the championship table is what I call frustrating.  

I'd love him to turn it around but I see no evidence that he's going to make changes. If it's true that the players have persuaded him to stick to 4-4-2 then I don't see how you can argue that he's lost control. This has been some of the worst football we've played since the Levein days

47 minutes ago, Bluearmy888 said:

To get rid of Claudio is ridiculous.

We need to remember who we are and where we've come from. 

Last year was a freak of nature, not taking away from what we did, but it’s a one off. The fact we can say we've won the premier league is something most clubs will never have the pleasure of saying and we need to remember this.

Granted this season is frustrating at times, but who cares! Call me a simple but, I'm happy we're playing premier league football for another season. Sitting mid/bottom half of the championship table is what I call frustrating.  

This sort of thinking is why we lost Kante to Chelsea and will never be a big club.Remember when Chelsea were just your average premier league club? They didn't have that mentality and became big,we maybe could have done that but we have now missed the chance!

2 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

This sort of thinking is why we lost Kante to Chelsea and will never be a big club.Remember when Chelsea were just your average premier league club? They didn't have that mentality and became big,we maybe could have done that but we have now missed the chance!

Apologies to all Leicester fans - it was my fault lost Kante! 

Archived