Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Claudio Get the full season no matter what , vote

Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter qatar   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Claudio gets to stay till next summer no matter what

• I agree he stays no matter what
    • I disagree

he's going to have to pick it up, if the players he picks are not performing then give other players a chance. we have talented youngsters on the bench looking peed off. Gray and Kapustka have the hunger and experience so give them a chance and give Albrighton a rest and maybe Mahrez too. lets give these guys a chance or what is the point! whoever he signs in january will he trust them enough to give them a chance!. if Okazaki is fit he should be starting and bring on either Vardy or Slimani. we need players with hunger and desire. playing the same eleven week in week out is not working and will leave the players exhausted. he needs to make substitutions much earlier than he has been doing this season. leaving it till the last twenty minutes or so to bring someone on just will not do.i love Claudio but he seems stuck in a rut and needs to be able to chanfe things and not to stick with the same as same as

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Honestly can't believe this is so close!

Nearly 50 % of posters would see the team that won the division last season, actually relegated....

As long as we kept the same manager.

Utterly bewildering stuff!

There was a similar poll late in the Pearson era, pre-Great Escape. A huge number of fans preferred the idea of going down with Pearson to staying up without him. I was amazed, especially considering how much money we'd spent and how long we'd waited to return to the PL. Of course, we were completely right to stick with Pearson, but the 'no matter what' approach makes no sense. Our strategy can't be to hang on for another Great Escape, because that in itself was also extraordinary, and neither can it be that 'who the manager is' matters more than how we're doing.

So are we happy to ruin the future in the name of the past? Are we willing to cripple our club out of pure gratitude? I can understand people saying that Ranieri should stay, because I agree with them, and I can understand people being more patient because of the magnitude of his past achievements. But there are always conditions.

What if we don't pick up another point before the New Year, find ourselves rock bottom, N'Didi arrives, turns out to be awful and the board aren't willing to allow someone with Ranieri's transfer record to make much-needed signings? What if people at the club have noticed that he's not as committed to his job as he was in the past? What if he really has lost the dressing room? What if he refuses to explore any tactical variations and we descend to Taylor-esque levels of getting panned week-in-out?

If support of him is based on the belief that he'll pick up just enough points, or find enough solutions to save us - which is my view - then that makes sense. If it's based on thinking he's a legend because of last season and deserves to be in charge regardless of how terrible a job he's doing this season, then that makes no sense to me. Not least because, if protecting his 'legend' is priority, the best thing we could do - if it were clear that he's not doing his job well enough - would be to move him upstairs before things get too bad, and bring in some fresh ideas and energy. And if your view is that Leicester have no right to expect anything other than PL relegation so we may as well go down with Ranieri as with anyone else, then that's scarily unambitious.

There's still every reason to keep faith. But surely we have to understand that certain things could happen to change that. This poll suggests that half of us either refuse to accept that possibility, or care more about Ranieri's well-being more than that of the club.

I dont think they will give him the full season if we are flirting with relegation by march time. And by flirting with relegation i mean actually IN the relegation zone. Once we are out of the champions league his position will be all the more precarious...

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

I dont think they will give him the full season if we are flirting with relegation by march time. And by flirting with relegation i mean actually IN the relegation zone. Once we are out of the champions league his position will be all the more precarious...

What if come april we're in the relegation zone but still in the champions league? :D

28 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

There was a similar poll late in the Pearson era, pre-Great Escape. A huge number of fans preferred the idea of going down with Pearson to staying up without him. I was amazed, especially considering how much money we'd spent and how long we'd waited to return to the PL. Of course, we were completely right to stick with Pearson, but the 'no matter what' approach makes no sense. Our strategy can't be to hang on for another Great Escape, because that in itself was also extraordinary, and neither can it be that 'who the manager is' matters more than how we're doing.

So are we happy to ruin the future in the name of the past? Are we willing to cripple our club out of pure gratitude? I can understand people saying that Ranieri should stay, because I agree with them, and I can understand people being more patient because of the magnitude of his past achievements. But there are always conditions.

What if we don't pick up another point before the New Year, find ourselves rock bottom, N'Didi arrives, turns out to be awful and the board aren't willing to allow someone with Ranieri's transfer record to make much-needed signings? What if people at the club have noticed that he's not as committed to his job as he was in the past? What if he really has lost the dressing room? What if he refuses to explore any tactical variations and we descend to Taylor-esque levels of getting panned week-in-out?

If support of him is based on the belief that he'll pick up just enough points, or find enough solutions to save us - which is my view - then that makes sense. If it's based on thinking he's a legend because of last season and deserves to be in charge regardless of how terrible a job he's doing this season, then that makes no sense to me. Not least because, if protecting his 'legend' is priority, the best thing we could do - if it were clear that he's not doing his job well enough - would be to move him upstairs before things get too bad, and bring in some fresh ideas and energy. And if your view is that Leicester have no right to expect anything other than PL relegation so we may as well go down with Ranieri as with anyone else, then that's scarily unambitious.

There's still every reason to keep faith. But surely we have to understand that certain things could happen to change that. This poll suggests that half of us either refuse to accept that possibility, or care more about Ranieri's well-being more than that of the club.

I think there are huge differences between the poll near the end of NP's reign and this. For one thing, expectation is massively different. Back then, we were in our first season back up after a decade in the Football League, and I'm sure most of us weren't really expecting us to stay up, which is the case for nearly any newly-promoted side, bar a Newcastle or West Ham who find themselves back in the division after being relegated. Now, however, we are the champions, and have spent what? about £65m on the squad since then, while only losing one key player from last season. I think it's the least we can expect to finish mid-table. If you ask me, asking only that much is being unambitious. Instead, we find ourselves one point above 17th, with nearly half the season gone. We're in serious trouble.

Another big difference is the timing of it. Just before the great escape, anyone in the world would have been 99% certain that we had no hope of survival, and I think most the people who wanted NP to stay saw him, quite rightly, as our best hope of getting back up asap. This time, we're getting dangerously close to the January transfer window, which could very well be last-chance saloon to sort the squad out before we find ourselves in the Football League again.

Like you, I can see why people would want to keep hold of Ranieri, despite the worrying league form, in the hope that he can turn this ship around. Of course, delivering a PL title affords him more patience than usual, and guiding us to the knockout stages of the CL deserves a lot of credit, too. Sadly, though, our league form is unacceptable, and cannot be ignored. I won't beat around the bush, one point from 24 possible away from home is absolutely pathetic. Let's not forget that the stakes are much, much higher than normal. We have a number of out-of-form players on silly money now, and if we do end up getting relegated, we may well have serious financial worries to add insult to injury. So while we are still PL champs, and looking forward to a last-16 CL tie, the harsh truth is that we are so close to finding ourselves in a relegation dogfight and out of the CL.

I want Ranieri to stay, but only if he can get us playing better than we are currently. I want him to be innovative and try something new. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any sign of that happening, and if we wait too long, he could easily sink this club.

What I'll never understand is people asking for Ranieri to stay even if we get relegated. Someone said that they didn't want us to be "that club" who sacked the manager who won them the title. Well, I don't either, but I'd much rather that than be "that club" who were relegated the season after winning the title.

1 hour ago, winchesterton said:

What if come april we're in the relegation zone but still in the champions league? :D

that would be great! lol

I dont think he will be going anywhere whilst we are still in the CL..

Ranieri as DoF and Pearson as manager anyone?

:D

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Nearly 50 % of posters would see the team that won the division last season, actually relegated....

You say that like changing a manager is a guaranteed way out of a relegation fight. Lots wanted Pearson out when we were staring down a barrel of a gun, he stayed and we got out of it. If we'd changed managers when you got itchy feet, we have no idea what would have happened. 

Cloudio Raneri has to be given time, I wouldn't sack him if we were relegated.

9 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Have I missed something? When did this whole 'the players won't let him change formation' thing emerge? 

This is 2016 Ted. the year where facts are ignored and false news rules the roost.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Seems there are more Ranieri supporters on this forum than Leicester City supporters 

9 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

Just read on Facebook some clown thinks Gary Rowett will do a good job for us. Why is it that every time someone gets the sack somebody thinks they can do a job for us

I personally think he would do a good job in the Premier League.

Would I give him a job here, take the risk, the gamble? No, maybe in the future though.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Out of curiosity, for those who say we need to part ways with Don, who do you want in?

Laudrup

Allardyce

Hodgson

Bielsa

Hiddink

Any other?

**** OFF!

Laudrup probably.

Allardyce, nah.

Hodgson, see above, think i've covered that.

Bielsa probably.

Hiddink probably.

As someone has mentioned Mancini?

But look, Ranieri is here and hopefully turns this round, but he's getting close to that edge, this is not good and i'm abit sick of his jokey persona that seems happy with the situation, I wanna see some grit, anger, seriousness.

58 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Seems there are more Ranieri supporters on this forum than Leicester City supporters 

Pretty much this.

Its the 'no matter what' thing that perplexes me.

Like Strokes (above). He'd be happy to keep Ranieri even if we got relegated! It's amazing stuff this.

Are people City fans or Ranieri fans?

lol

Don't forget, this is a poll about keeping Claudio NO MATTER WHAT. Not keeping him to see if we stay up etc. We all want him to stay and to do well. But to want to keep a manager who can, one season, win the title and the next, get relegated, is bewildering.

:o

Archived