Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

Was excited to see him centrally at last (rather than with Vardy which will never work) on Weds but hard to judge as team was terrible and he had no service. With confidence he could be dangerous but something in me just doesn't see him fitting in properly here.

Typically it takes a season to settle in the prem. He has some work to do that's for sure, first touch in particular but it is way, way to early to write him off. Unless we buy a striker in Jan which is unlikely he will get a lot of opportunities to impress when slim is at AFCON. He needs to take that opportunity.

We had Vardy as the player who's best position was to play on the last man and if allowed it could be argued, Okazaki.

Getting a bit crowded as that appears to be Slimanis position as he and Vardy can't play together and from what I've seen from Mousa it's his preferred and most effective position.

Only leaves Ulloa who oddly enough is getting a little pissed off. 

He's basically Jeff. One is enough. Because Jeff has grown with us he gets a bit more leeway from me, Musa however has quickly jumped to my least favorite player. 

Genuinely feel this the worst value signing the club has made since Ade....... I even think its going to turn out worse than Mills. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I genuinely have no idea why the club signed Musa? We didn't need him and he's no better than what we already had imo.

I get the Slim signing, but not Musa really. Never have.

Because we did look absolutely dog turd without Vardy up top. We obviously (to me) were trying to get someone with bags of pace up top so we could continue to play the same way even if Vardy was injured or rested. For me Slimani was what we didn't need as he was just an upgrade on Ulloa (who didn't play or fit our then style).

As it turns out, Slimani is now the far better option due to the way teams have adapted to us by dropping deep. It negates the pace in the team as seen with the struggles of Vardy.

Struggling in a struggling team. He is a bit erratic on the ball, but then so are most of our players. Not once did we try to cause Porto problems with his pace on Wednesday, he got about 3 passes all match and those were to his feet or at his head when he wasn't near the goal.  

16m is pricey, but everyone comes with a higher price when you come top of the league. 

5 hours ago, Libertine said:

Was excited to see him centrally at last (rather than with Vardy which will never work) on Weds but hard to judge as team was terrible and he had no service. With confidence he could be dangerous but something in me just doesn't see him fitting in properly here.

vardy gets 5/6 clear cut chances per game.

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Struggling in a struggling team. He is a bit erratic on the ball, but then so are most of our players. Not once did we try to cause Porto problems with his pace on Wednesday, he got about 3 passes all match and those were to his feet or at his head when he wasn't near the goal.  

16m is pricey, but everyone comes with a higher price when you come top of the league. 

werent his former club holding out for 23 million when we came calling earlier in the season?

3 minutes ago, jon1bc said:

Too lightweight

Agree with this.

Has struggled hustling to the ball with an opposition player a lot.

The ironic thing here is that Claudio had said Chilwell and Kaputska are/were ready for the PL as they're lightweight - beginning to wonder whether this is becoming an excuse now?