Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STUHILL

Musa - Opinions so far

15 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Clearly overpriced, but I think he would have been better with a Championship club. First touch is not quite so important and his pace would trouble defences. Furthermore, he would be more likely to get game time which would build confidence.  I can't see a future at Leicester,but I could see him resurrecting his career if he's prepared to work hard at a Championship club. 

(if we had signed Vardy as a PL club, it's unlikely he would be the player he is now. There were many on this forum who wanted to him sold after the first season or so. He always had the pace but - yes - his first touch often let him down. Ok, I'm not saying a direct comparison but the point is signing with a PL club the player has to be the 'finished article', unless aplayer is signed for development squad.)

Fair assessment. But he should have gone on loan to Hull when they wanted him but he refused.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Come home Lloyd!

He should've stay on at LCFC.

He was at the peak of his form/career here and reckon he would've been up for it with his form and pace for another season to play in the PL.

It is pretty baffling that we have two regular attackers for the Nigeria team who hardly get a sniff here. This being possibly the best African team currently.

At the same time we have Algeria's main striker who's the same. About £ 70 mil. worth right there... SEVENTY!!!

Only Japan's reserve striker gets any regular game time.

I think Musa would probably be OK if given a proper run. But reality is he won't displace Gray, Albrighton or Mahrez and no chance of dislodging Vardy or getting ahead of Nacho or Slim in the pecking order. His days are numbered and we have to get rid as quickly as possible.

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Honestly think he's a decent enough player but never really got a chance because neither of the managers we've had under him have had any faith in him, even the one who brought him to the club 

Have to agree with you. Even though he has no first touch , he was great against Barca and was probably our best player in the first game of last season against Hull (probably why they wanted him on loan). Our form as a team just collapsed soon after and his confidence seemed to take a massive hit, culminating with his dire performance against Millwall. He needs game time and should go on loan. Its World Cup next year so he should want to play just for his international chances.

20 hours ago, sm1 said:

Have to agree with you. Even though he has no first touch , he was great against Barca and was probably our best player in the first game of last season against Hull (probably why they wanted him on loan). Our form as a team just collapsed soon after and his confidence seemed to take a massive hit, culminating with his dire performance against Millwall. He needs game time and should go on loan. Its World Cup next year so he should want to play just for his international chances.

Seriously can't believe people still mention that Barca game. It was a friendly (yeah, don't think that Barca took that event seriously). Every player can have a good game (Hull, Everton) but team collapse or not, confidence or not, he never ever showed any consistency or evidence that he coulp keep up at PL level.

0 awareness

0 vision

0 first touch

0 technique

0 pass/cross accuracy

99 speed

I'll never ever forget how got the ball out by himself against Sevilla in the CL. Puel doesn't even want him on the bench. He's a flop and will never find his place here.

Get rid.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sm1 said:

Wild guess here, but their coach Leonid Slutsky was the one that brought Musa to Moscow and sold him to us. If anyone knows what he's capable of it's him.

Musa, to me, seems an inconsistent player at the best of times. His quality against Barcelona and Everton in January is counterbalanced by clumsy performances like the Millwall one.

48 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I'll never ever forget how got the ball out by himself against Sevilla in the CL. Puel doesn't even want him on the bench. He's a flop and will never find his place here.

I don't think I have facepalmed harder that that moment. Man just ran the ball out for a goal kick for no reason. 

He got us a point away at Spurs, played decently at home to Palace and scored two goals away at Everton. But for every 7/10 Everton & Palace performance there're numerous 1/10 Milwall & Sevilla performances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

He's improving then? 

I would have put money on him hitting the corner flag! 

I wouldn't exactly say he's improving.....

Here's the relevant quotes from the derby telegraph

Crossbar attempt:

What a miss this is!

Derby survive a first scare when Hughes’s effort at the back post is deflected behind for a corner.

From the resulting corner Hughes heads it back into the six yard box and Musa is there, less than six yards out, and somehow cannons his effort onto the bar.

Assist:

Musa is the architect down the left, albeit slightly fortuitously.

The winger attempts to flick a ball inside, but instead it runs straight through his legs.

Musa makes the most of it, though, steams down the left and crosses well to Sherif who arrives and clinically finishes past Barnes.

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

I wouldn't exactly say he's improving.....

Here's the relevant quotes from the derby telegraph

Crossbar attempt:

What a miss this is!

Derby survive a first scare when Hughes’s effort at the back post is deflected behind for a corner.

From the resulting corner Hughes heads it back into the six yard box and Musa is there, less than six yards out, and somehow cannons his effort onto the bar.

Assist:

Musa is the architect down the left, albeit slightly fortuitously.

The winger attempts to flick a ball inside, but instead it runs straight through his legs.

Musa makes the most of it, though, steams down the left and crosses well to Sherif who arrives and clinically finishes past Barnes.

I am glad our u23 side is getting something out of the 23mil plus wages we threw at him