davieG

Revised Thomas Cook Process For Champions League Tickets

115 posts in this topic

I have nothing against our ticket office, having worked in football I understand the immense amount of pressure they must be under. They have always been able to answer any questions I've had.

TC have a lot to answer for with their approach to it all and their customer service is appalling.

28 minutes ago, rc4279 said:

I have nothing against our ticket office, having worked in football I understand the immense amount of pressure they must be under. They have always been able to answer any questions I've had.

TC have a lot to answer for with their approach to it all and their customer service is appalling.

Agreed, it's when there are other factors it becomes extremely difficult. For example, the opposing club making it difficult to work with, third parties involved (like TC) who have their own rules etc.

There are of course flaws with the odd staff member or the process but at the end of the day there is a human sitting in that ticket office. I am sure we all make mistakes at work or have different ways of working than colleagues.

Anyone else had an email from TC saying the application has been refused?

1 minute ago, philce said:

Anyone else had an email from TC saying the application has been refused?

Sorry to hear that. I had an email saying the opposite.

5 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Had the email was unsuccessful on 168 points.

Fvck me weve got no chance then!

Will be v pissed if it does reach our allocation.

At least we didnt book flights without tickets, this way nothing lost!

13 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Had the email was unsuccessful on 168 points.

I presume you stay in the mix each day until the 160+ points is hit? Unless the flights are totally full from the 190+?

22 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

I presume you stay in the mix each day until the 160+ points is hit? Unless the flights are totally full from the 190+?

My email is a definite NO.

34 minutes ago, philce said:

Fvck me weve got no chance then!

Will be v pissed if it does reach our allocation.

At least we didnt book flights without tickets, this way nothing lost!

Except you don't get to go!

I presume the flight/flights are full with 190+

1 minute ago, red5 said:

Except you don't get to go!

I presume the flight/flights are full with 190+

Yeah agreed, but without tickets I mean.

I got the 'unsuccessful' email today @ 09:30 and I'm a 190+ points holder. Fuming was an understatement! 

Fortunately I logged on and bought tickets direct via the ticket office. So much for TC notifying me PRIOR to my sale date!!

I've called both TC and the club to complain, TC being their usual helpful selves so I hung up on them and called the club.

The reason me and many others that are on 190 and above is that TC have only put on one plane that holds just 189 people! 

The club couldn't have have done much more when I spoke to them so hats off to their customer service. I appreciate this nonsense is totally out of their hands.

Edited by rc4279

23 minutes ago, philce said:

My email is a definite NO.

Planes must be full then!

Still think you have an outside chance with 160+ points if you are prepared to travel independently.

48 minutes ago, 4ever and ever said:

Just said it's been unsuccessful but your still free to try and get tickets from the club. So it looks like the planes are full.

Just now, dannythefox said:

Just said it's been unsuccessful but your still free to try and get tickets from the club. So it looks like the planes are full.

Yeah guy above says as much.

Sport options is your other option if you can only go for 1 night or just travel independently. Much better in my opinion.

Sport options are now also sold out - just called them. They've told me they've had lots of calls from LCFC fans so are taking details of everyone that is calling and are now looking to put on another plane (day trip only) but aren't able to confirm until Monday.

35 minutes ago, rc4279 said:

I got the 'unsuccessful' email today @ 09:30 and I'm a 190+ points holder. Fuming was an understatement! 

Fortunately I logged on and bought tickets direct via the ticket office. So much for TC notifying me PRIOR to my sale date!!

I've called both TC and the club to complain, TC being their usual helpful selves so I hung up on them and called the club.

The reason me and many others that are on 190 and above is that TC have only put on one plane that holds just 189 people! 

The club couldn't have have done much more when I spoke to them so hats off to their customer service. I appreciate this nonsense is totally out of their hands.

Ouch, how does that happen? Guessing its probably done on a ballot but surprised its full already.

Edited by Costock_Fox

27 minutes ago, rc4279 said:

Just looked on TC web site and the smallest plane is a 220 seat airbus, so the difference is probably lcfc staff, it looks obvious they could have filled a bigger plane or put 2 planes on, so seems to me they only had the 1 plane in the first place?

5 minutes ago, red5 said:

Just looked on TC web site and the smallest plane is a 220 seat airbus, so the difference is probably lcfc staff, it looks obvious they could have filled a bigger plane or put 2 planes on, so seems to me they only had the 1 plane in the first place?

Apparently they couldnt get another plane.

We had more than one to Copenhagen and Porto.

All those unsuccessful. Get to fly with the owners :thumbup:

It maybe due to being half term in some parts of the uk and their bigger planes diverted onto busy routes with their hotel / package holiday business

Had an email come through at 0930 this morning saying I was unsuccessful with my application for TC, fuming is not the word. With 192 points and TC booked on 12-12-2016 this needs sorting. Apparently the club says there's supporters in the 170 bracket that have been successful and priority 1 unsuccessful. Someone needs to take responsibility for this and advice other options of traveling. 

2 minutes ago, ScottJRussell said:

Had an email come through at 0930 this morning saying I was unsuccessful with my application for TC, fuming is not the word. With 192 points and TC booked on 12-12-2016 this needs sorting. Apparently the club says there's supporters in the 170 bracket that have been successful and priority 1 unsuccessful. Someone needs to take responsibility for this and advice other options of traveling. 

Wow, total balls up if true:rolleyes:

So we have people eligible for tickets but have no travel and people who have booked flights and have no access to tickets.

2 minutes ago, ScottJRussell said:

How do you know someone on 170 has got tickets?