Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Andy King - 10 consecutive seasons

His name is king, He plays at the king, hes had 10king seasons, hes scored everyking season,not to all fans liking

some days hes dikking, or makes one sikking, but other times hes  amazking, hes  grown into a club legend ,

and earnt his right to be remembered as a true blue fox  everlastking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

350 appearances in this day and age is fantastic, especially given our rise in league stature during that time. Every manager he's played under has recognised what he brings to the team and has got games under them. Countless times he looks like he's going to be squeezed out of the side but regains his place on merit. 

Long live the King  :kingy:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

YouTube sometimes removes copyrighted audio and replaces it with free to use music. 

Maybe but I have very poor hearing so I tend to be working in the dark so to speak with regards to sound.

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

I'm pretty sure when I watched your video before it had just commentary. 

Ah ok, thanks, well at least I know now, if I post it again I'll add a health warning to avoid any litigation.:thumbup::P

• 3 weeks later...

King certainly needs to be in the team right now. It's scandalous how his abilities have been derided on here.

He's the only player we have who can retain possession by controlling and passing  the ball in an instant.

Others are totally ignored for hitting aimless or hopeful passes almost invariably to the opposition because it looks a mite more adventurous. But in fact they're mostly committing the vital sin of giving away possession and that is pretty much lethal for a team like ours with so little counter-attacking or goalscoring threat.       

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, for every good game he has, he is anonymous for the next 3. Has been a brilliant servant for us over the years and has never complained at being a bit-part player, but if we have genuine ambitions of being a top 8 Premier league club, then we are going to have to be ruthless and even look to upgrade our reserves too. I think due to Drinkwater's continued poor form, we should really be looking to add a top CM in the summer, and that could potential push Drinkwater to the bench and with James coming back too, that could mean King is further away from the starting 11 than ever before, and part of me would prefer if he was starting every week in the Championship, rather than wasting here with us.

If he could come in and boss it, then I'd love him to stay. When we beat Derby in the FA Cup and he was named captain, he was really good! Just typical that he disappears for the next few games after. Frustrating!

Not singling him out, as I thought Drinky was equally as poor today. I just think that Drinky has shown more consistent form in the Premier League and always has the potential to reach the heights of last season again.

Brutal decision but I would sign Silva in the summer to play alongside N'didi. Move Drinky to the bench and give James and Mendy full pre-seasons and 6 months to prove their worth but move King on this summer.

8 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Are people still thinking Andy King isn't worthy of being near our first team? First loss in ages, granted not his best game but surely this guy deserves more respect. I hope he never leaves. 

He's so far down the pecking order though. Even Amartey is better than King in CM.

King has 1 good game and then 5 anonymous ganes.

I'm a bit meh on King.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He has a medal here at league 1, Championship and Premier League. I want him here so that if we get to the CL final or ever get to the FA Cup final he can have a medal for that too. Maybe he's not quite a premier league player but he's part of the club and long may that continue.

Not at the cost of performances like today. Fine if he isn't our back-up CM and 5th or 6th choice there, but should not be our 3rd choice CM in the Premier League. Not good enough.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Not at the cost of performances like today. Fine if he isn't our back-up CM and 5th or 6th choice there, but should not be our 3rd choice CM in the Premier League. Not good enough.

Who would you have played instead of him today?

Just now, Webbo said:

Who would you have played instead of him today?

No one. I would have played him today. We didn't have the options to do otherwise. Doesn't mean I don't think we should improve on him in the summer when we have the chance

He's not a starter for us which is why he's not played that much in recent weeks. Today was a tough one as Ndidi wasn't fit and Amartey was needed elsewhere.

He'll have good games and poor games but nobody needs to worry that he'll suddenly be the first choice midfielder. 

Makes me laugh this thread. Bang average today yes but absolutely no worse than Drinkwater. I'm sure King realises that despite how he plays that he'll probably not play in the next game, we all know that as well. Steady squad player but fear he'll go even further down the pecking order when matty James returns