Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Andy King - 10 consecutive seasons

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

A player's impact at a club is not limited to what they do on the field on matchdays.

King's been here for years and established himself as a key part of the club. He's been a big part of the most successful season in our clubs history, an integral member of a very close-knit squad/staff and has a LOT of passion for the club.

He may not be making loads of appearances, but he's worth a lot more to LCFC than just that. And I think he would see his role at the club as more than just playing staff.

If he wants to leave to get more minutes and help his international career then I wish him all the best, but I think those of you who are wishing him gone are underestimating his value.

Or maybe you are overestimating it..  We can only judge what we see on the pitch, all the rest about influencing the squad etc is just an assumption. 

I think it's great we have had a player here for 10 years of his career. That doesn't give him a free pass to sit on the bench for the next 5 years. To be in the squad, I want players on the bench who are pushing the starting 11, and giving our manager a head-ache on who to pick. Drinkwater should have been dropped/rested months ago, but wasn't. I believe that is because we didn't have a CM on the bench as good or better than him. That to me is a concern for pushing on next season and why I believe we should be signing a top CM to start or at least push Drinkwater for that position. 

I also think James will be ahead of King in the manager's thinking, as he offers more too. That leaves King as 5th choice and if everyone is fit, then not likely to even make the bench. 

As I said, if he is happy with that, and he isn't preventing a young CM prospect from benefiting from those handful of games, then fair enough. I am not going to grumble over a 5th choice CM with King's experience. 

• Like 1

Drinkwater has been utter turd for several months but he keeps playing cos we don't have adequate alternatives. If King can't take the place of a shit out of form Drinkwater then what exactly is the point of him? If asking those questions is "being disrespectful" then so be it. He's getting a pretty decent wage here but some of you act like he's on League One wages.

People can get all touchy about King but let's actually judge him as a player and what he contributes right now. 

• Like 1

Just to make it clearer:

This is how I potentially see us starting next season, if James comes back fit and continues his good form and we do go out and sign a top CM, like we tried in the summer.

Something like this anyway... 

------------------------------Kasper----------------------------

Trippier----------Gibson-----------Huth------------Fuchs

Mahrez--------Adrien Silva-----N'didi--------Albrighton

------------------------Sigurdsson------------------------

------------------------Vardy------------------------------

Subs - Zieler, Benny, Chilwell, James, Drinkwater, Gray, Slimani

Obviously you have to account for suspensions and injuries, but if this is similar to how I expect us to line up next season, then King will be a firm 5th choice CM. 

If you guys are fine with that, then fair enough. I just believe he would be better off playing week in week out. Just seems a waste if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I can't get my head around the lack of respect I really can't. Totally baffles me.

The flip side is though that any word against him is seemingly forbidden.

For the record I like King and he's clearly a big part of the dressing room as well as being very dependable when called upon. But he isn't a great player and never will be.

• Like 1

Again....He is.... A Leicester legend!

If he wants to stay and fight for a place, absolutely support him, would hate for him to leave, but the man has earnt my greatest respect and if he wants to go elsewhere, i would also support HIS decision.

• Like 3

Andy king can always give something to the  team as  he  s  a  decent player he  can play 20-40 min not  for  sale but we  can sell Albrighton and Okazaki and keep the players than can control the  ball if  we  want Leicester to  progress

Sell  mahrez to let gray be the  new winger , mahrez is  not suiting the way leceister plays in order  to  progress to possession team 

Up to Last  season he played forward , with decent performances and held His line

This season, like when he played for Wales, was asked to be even more defensive, and forced on the backfoot, even under Shakespeare.

Like others hes been turgid and well ...utter abysmal.

If you want proof what Ranieri got wrong, in tactics and on individual players this season,

King being asked to play the role and style he hasnt in him.

Everton, Swansea, plus a few more last season shown his strengths, attacking midfielder with defensive cover, not the other way around.From league 1 through to the PL, the Kingy we loved

was seeing him drive forward, have shots from distance and ghost in for headers or tap ins.

Not the tip-tapping around and being stuck 2 yards in front of his own penalty area.

Coming from a more forward position hes made important defensive tackles and covered well.

Being static and glued to an area, like DD has been let down by both Shakey and Ranieri.

DD I believe suffers from not a dissimular problem, and could be the reason for his poor form.

Kingy served the club brillianty and because of it received unjust , at times unwarranted criticism when being asked to step into the false breach.

I bet he had more success chasing the sheep in the Welsh vales, than playing  a ridiculous deep defensive midfielder.

Here is something to heat up the coals...probably be better playing in Okazakis role, than Shinji himself. I bet King could keep his feet better, and score more goals.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Andy king. Club legend. Goal scorer given the chance but being asked to change his role for the team.

Or 100k a week foreigner kicking up for not getting a game and being played out of position.

We still aren't a club that should forget we need decent people around the club. I'd rather have kingy and wasyl than a some of the bad eggs you see flaoting around modern football.

I can see how some see it as a lack of ambition. But i'd just imagine he's just happy as I've said before. Not a bad thing is it.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Andy king. Club legend. Goal scorer given the chance but being asked to change his role for the team.

Or 100k a week foreigner kicking up for not getting a game and being played out of position.

We still aren't a club that should forget we need decent people around the club. I'd rather have kingy and wasyl than a some of the bad eggs you see flaoting around modern football.

I can see how some see it as a lack of ambition. But i'd just imagine he's just happy as I've said before. Not a bad thing is it.

Strange innit..!!!   Its usually the same  posters who cry  "lacking ambition" for one player then turn And cry out, when others in their eyes are over Ambitious, and should know their place.....

King has found his niche, and that so called " question of Ambition"  has given him a damn good career, and he has great memories, more than many, to ramble on about with his Grandkids...

I feel sorry for those, who see their major task is  to Show disdain, to a profi, who has reached more in his chosen career path, than they themselves.  Negative wafflers and losers who get their rocks off by BITCHING worse than old jealous washer women, over somebody elses success....HES not been a J.Cruyf, nor a Bale, maybe no Izzet or Lennon but the lad has done well, his CV shows a few promotions With league titles, oh and errrmmm A PL title, more than many. I for one are happy he does it for my Club, my Leicester city.

In Kingy we have our own Welsh Rarebit...That cheeses some people off. Coz they are totally crackers..:P

Like him or not, he's been here for 13 years and been a very important figure for 10 consecutive seasons.

He's been an integral part of the squads that have been relegated to League One, won League One, suffered heartbreak in Cardiff, the turbulence of Sousa, Sven and  the return of Pearson, suffered absolute heartbreak at Watford, cruised to the Championship title, endured 6 whole months at the bottom of the Premier League, kicked off the Greatest Escape with his winner against West Ham, started last season off with a bang and established the engine of the team with Drinky to be replaced by Kante, made crucial cameos when we needed him on our way to the Premier League title, and has represented the club in the Champions League. 

The only thing he hasn't achieved with us is a goal in Europe. He's never complained about losing his regular starting place a few seasons back - he's only ever been fully prepared to make his contribution when asked. Don't underestimate too his contribution behind the scenes - he may not be captain but he is a senior figure in the dressing room and a very important voice.

I hope he finishes his career here - when's his testimonial?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

He must have been inundated with lucrative offers, amazing he's stayed so long.

Right, that's it. I'm done. Andy King is a hero, end of story. I actually feel sorry for some of our 'fans' who can't be loyal to and supportive of a guy who has given everything he has to THEIR (our) club.

• Like 2

To me, he's improved season after season, but still plays in the same way and is the type of player that is reliable and is be needed by the fans but also he can be frustrating as he sometimes makes the same old mistakes (such as being anonymous often during some matches). Reminds me of Leon Osman imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 21/04/2017 at 17:10, STUHILL said:

Just to make it clearer:

This is how I potentially see us starting next season, if James comes back fit and continues his good form and we do go out and sign a top CM, like we tried in the summer.

Something like this anyway... 

------------------------------Kasper----------------------------

Trippier----------Gibson-----------Huth------------Fuchs

Mahrez--------Adrien Silva-----N'didi--------Albrighton

------------------------Sigurdsson------------------------

------------------------Vardy------------------------------

Subs - Zieler, Benny, Chilwell, James, Drinkwater, Gray, Slimani

Obviously you have to account for suspensions and injuries, but if this is similar to how I expect us to line up next season, then King will be a firm 5th choice CM. 

If you guys are fine with that, then fair enough. I just believe he would be better off playing week in week out. Just seems a waste if you ask me. 

Wtf is this? 4 of these players play for other teams. Of those 4, I'd say it's most likely we'll get 0 of them. 

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Wtf is this? 4 of these players play for other teams. Of those 4, I'd say it's most likely we'll get 0 of them. 

Well done for recognising 4 play for other teams. We have been linked to all of them in the past and can afford them, so I don't see why we wouldn't have a chance of landing some, especially with the ability to pay up to 100k a week wages if deemed necessary. 

Check out the transfer thread if you want some genuinely unrealistic targets..

It was more to demonstrate how I would like to see us progress next season anyway and how I see King not even making the bench if we do what I think is necessary to take us to a consistent top 8 team and go after players like these.

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Well done for recognising 4 play for other teams. We have been linked to all of them in the past and can afford them, so I don't see why we wouldn't have a chance of landing some, especially with the ability to pay up to 100k a week wages if deemed necessary. 

Check out the transfer thread if you want some genuinely unrealistic targets..

It was more to demonstrate how I would like to see us progress next season anyway and how I see King not even making the bench if we do what I think is necessary to take us to a consistent top 8 team and go after players like these.

I'd still expect 0 of them to be here. I'd be happy if they were but leicester doesn't work like that. 

King is a bit part player. He isnt really good enough at the level we aim for. That's true. But the guy is leicester through and through and if he's happy to not play much I'm happy to have him around. Tbh i was amazed that we have him a 4 year deal last year but it must show that off the pitch that leicester-ish-ness means something. 

19 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I'd still expect 0 of them to be here. I'd be happy if they were but leicester doesn't work like that. 

King is a bit part player. He isnt really good enough at the level we aim for. That's true. But the guy is leicester through and through and if he's happy to not play much I'm happy to have him around. Tbh i was amazed that we have him a 4 year deal last year but it must show that off the pitch that leicester-ish-ness means something. 

I'm not saying we'll end up in anyway dominant, but Man Utd's long success under Fergie was helped by players similar to King. His squads over the years were filled with reliable but unspectacular players. Ones who weren't the best but wouldn't let you down. The likes of Butt, Brown, Fletcher, O'Shea etc. You need players in the squad who are prepared to be subs and will come in when needed.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Right, that's it. I'm done. Andy King is a hero, end of story. I actually feel sorry for some of our 'fans' who can't be loyal to and supportive of a guy who has given everything he has to THEIR (our) club.

You're suggesting not to like Andy King is not to be a fan? Haha