Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

50 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Decent Article on Stephen N'Zonzi on Sky sports:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11827/10767658/how-steven-n-8217-zonzi-went-from-stoke-to-la-liga-superstar-at-sevilla

I remember we came close to signing him a couple of times, what a signing he would have been!

Certainly don't think we'd be in this mess if we'd signed him- I think it was that spell where we only had 2 central midfielders available which sucked all of the confidence out of the team, and it's been downhill ever since.

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don't get your hopes up. I hate to be negative about the team but we are playing an incredibly attacking outfit that are bang in form away from home whilst being literally the worst team in our own country since the turn of the year.

I expect a Porto-like capitulation here. To be honest I just want this game out of the way so we can get on with the Premier League rescue mission. So sad to say this because at the start of the season I was so excited for the Champions League. The atmosphere at the home game versus Porto was actually deafening, it was incredible and almost made me shed a tear. But these are the troubled waters we find ourselves in.

Completely agree but blind hope tells me that if we turn up for anything this season it may well be this.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Decent Article on Stephen N'Zonzi on Sky sports:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11827/10767658/how-steven-n-8217-zonzi-went-from-stoke-to-la-liga-superstar-at-sevilla

I remember we came close to signing him a couple of times, what a signing he would have been!

This shows you that our scouting team is good, even if most of our signing this season have been a miss. Any signing is always a risk but with N'Zonzi, you could tell that the scouting team were aware of how good he was before others did.

4 minutes ago, AYLESBURY FOX 1961 said:

I cant quite believe tickets for the home leg have gone to general sale.......

I can... with all the different memberships, different sale dates, the prices, the fact we're likely to get mullered. People either think they can't get a ticket, can't afford it or can't be bothered to pay to watch us get obliterated.

Thank the lord we didn't get the Germans

Roll on next week I may not have a ticket for the game but I'm in the Costa Del Sol

Pehaps Sevilla for the day, in a quiet corner of a bar at night. :thumbup:

Expect it to be louder though if we score    

7 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This shows you that our scouting team is good, even if most of our signing this season have been a miss. Any signing is always a risk but with N'Zonzi, you could tell that the scouting team were aware of how good he was before others did.

We were keen on nzonzi cos he was brilliant against us for Stoke 2 seasons ago. That's our usual scouting method. Drinkwater and ulloa are both evidence of this. 

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, Is ranieri taking this game seriously because it sounds to me like he's not. Wonder how they'd feel if none of the fans bothered turning up.

Be the same as Porto, if we are awful and getting hammered, most will head back to the bars early.

I just hope those involved know what it means to us fans, and how expensive it is to go, the least they can do is take it seriously and have a go.

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, Is ranieri taking this game seriously because it sounds to me like he's not. Wonder how they'd feel if none of the fans bothered turning up.

Don't take any notice of what claudio says in his presser - he will be taking this very seriously. We have no game to follow until Monday - plenty of time for recovery. Champions league two legs is his bread and butter. He will be relishing this

Considering we were taking the Champions League more seriously than the Premier League at the group stage, before we realised we were capable of falling into a relegation battle I'd hope we will be taking this one very seriously indeed.

We can't win the tie in the first leg but we could definitely lose it, so we must focus.

I've been having hallucinations of Musa breaking through 1 on 1 after 5 minutes with lightning pace and slotting us 1-0 up. 

:claudio:

I'm Hoping Claudio gives this Team a real kick up the Arse start getting them playing again it's almost like some of them have given up already !

Vardy last year chased a brown paper bag in the wind this,year it looks like he just can't be asked to run Mahrez jinked about the pitch like a fairy on uppers taking everyone fought for everything and getting an end result this year he's like a fairy on downers and lost his flair !

Morgan and Huth were our Great Wall of Leicester last year this year more like a tiny privet bush,Simpson had a bit of flair last season now more like rabbit in headlights,Fuchs was superb last season this year he looks like bambi with a dodgy leg

Danny Drinkwater was our commander in midfield setting up plays scoring a few screamers bossing the midfield now looks like a private cleaning the latrine !

Kante has buggered off leaving a huge void in midfield and now looks like he's on his way to another championship medal with Chelski !!

Albrighton last year could put a ball on a penny 40yds away now barn door comes to mind and the rest well it just looks like last seasons Champions have been kidnapped by Aliens and they've replaced them with this sorry lot of underachieving Buggers !!

So I'll go for a cheeky 0-1 away win you just can't write the story really !!

Its so sad that in our Champions League season, we go into the tie with Sevilla, none of us really expecting to do anything much at all. 

I doubt we thought we'd beat them over two legs anyway, but if we were playing like we were last season, we'd give ourselves half a chance.

Now, I suspect very few think we've got much of a hope in Hell.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Its so sad that in our Champions League season, we go into the tie with Sevilla, none of us really expecting to do anything much at all. 

I doubt we thought we'd beat them over two legs anyway, but if we were playing like we were last season, we'd give ourselves half a chance.

Now, I suspect very few think we've got much of a hope in Hell.

I must be in the very small minority to believe both that the poor league performances are due to the players having more focus on the CL (is that a myth?) and that we'll go on to win the tie with them.

6 hours ago, AYLESBURY FOX 1961 said:

I cant quite believe tickets for the home leg have gone to general sale.......

Have flights booked that cost  £30 and hotel booked which is fully refundable if we cancel within 48 hours of our stay....Haven't bought tickets for match yet as the £100 for two could be used to get over to a League match that we can fly in and out to on same day rather than what will probably be a dead rubber night match with added cost of overnight stay..If by some miracle we are still in the tie with 5 or 10 mins to go next Wed will be going online hoping to get tickets....bit of a risky strategy as I don't think we're the only ones waiting to see how next Wed away leg pans out.....Wouldn't it be great if the system crashed next Wed evening due to excessive volume of online callers

Archived