Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I must be in the very small minority to believe both that the poor league performances are due to the players having more focus on the CL (is that a myth?) and that we'll go on to win the tie with them.

It's gone well past that, for us to let Swansea win at ease and then somehow up our game to a significant level is not going to happen.

I would go very defensive and just hope we are still in it after an hour and then play from there. Realistically  we will have a shambolic minute and go 3 down quickly.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

It's gone well past that, for us to let Swansea win at ease and then somehow up our game to a significant level is not going to happen.

I would go very defensive and just hope we are still in it after an hour and then play from there. Realistically  we will have a shambolic minute and go 3 down quickly.

You mean like Arsenal at Munich?

13 minutes ago, kylestyle06 said:

Funny how we're playing in the CL and people are waiting to see if it's worth getting tickets in what will be the only time in our history in this position.

Have my home ticket and will go even if we lose 5-0 on Wednesday.

Fully understand what you're saying and If I still lived in Nuneaton I would go no matter what....Unfortunately though when travelling from Ireland midweek night matches become costly as overnight accommodation is needed not to mention 2 days off work.....Got over to Porto and Copenhagen home games so experienced the thrill of hearing Champions League music and got some gear with official Champions League branding........If we are well beaten next Wed the £100 cost of tickets and the £80 for hotel could be far better spent getting over to 1 or 2 weekend home games as we fight our way out of the current mess?

We've gone from annual Championship relegation battle trips away to Barnsley to the last 16 of the Champions League away to Sevilla.

I have no idea how any Leicester fan can be so negative about this game and not be extremely excited.

It's fvcking amazing for us to be in this tournament at all. 

1 minute ago, maddog said:

We've gone from annual Championship relegation battle trips away to Barnsley to the last 16 of the Champions League away to Sevilla.

I have no idea how any Leicester fan can be so negative about this game and not be extremely excited.

It's fvcking amazing for us to be in this tournament at all. 

It is starting to get exciting. It's getting to the "if we can win this" point

I hoped we'd start to turn around the domestic campaign before this match.

It is possible the players will put in a performance despite our domestic form, though. It will be a once in a lifetime opportunity for many.

It is of course a massive, massive outside chance. Still, it marks the furthest we've ever come in football. My hopes will come from my heart, not my head!

I hope  the replacements  go well  against Millwall - and   Ranieri keeps his word and drops  some of the players on last chances  from the  supposed firsts squad 

Hopefully we dont roll out the comedy act  [Morgan and Huth] against  Sevilla or it could get ugly , although  i suppose the  comic  relief of this pairs  defending will bring a laugh or two  to a long night.

I know recruitment has been  poor  particularly in defence  but surely Ranieri  needs  to do something starting  now - everytime the ball gets into our area its heart in the mouth stuff for the fans with these clowns  - players un marked  ,  crazy tackling , will he wont he  fall on his arse -  dont get me started on hoof ball .

we at least  need  to not get blown off the park and i fear  if the dynamic duo are there  thats  exactly what will happen .

Sevilla waiting to welcome Leicester City fans, meeting already planned, gifts to be exchanged

Sevilla fans have already chosen a place to welcome Leicester City supporters before their Champions League clash next week.

As announced by the Federación de Peñas Sevillistas “San Fernando”, the fans will meet at La Peña Sevillista Al Relente, which is a traditional place for the locals to watch games and celebrate.

The group has made an official invite to the fans who are travelling from Leicester, which was accepted by the Foxes and then reported on Sevilla’s website.

The idea is to create a good atmosphere between both sets of fans, as they enjoy some food, exchange gifts and probably have a few beers together.

They describe the tie between Leicester and Sevilla as a good reason to have a great football party and enjoy the clubs’ run in the Champions League.

As the first leg of the round-of-16 will be hosted at the Estadio Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán next Wednesday, the other match happens at the King Power Stadium on March 14.

The Federation of Peñas Sevillistas San Fernando reports on its official website that the Association of Amateurs of Leicester has accepted a formal invitation from said institution for the celebration of an act of coexistence and fraternization between both hobbies on Wednesday 22 February in the previous Duel of Champions League that will face Sevilla FC and Leicester.

Specifically, a meal will be celebrated between representatives of both organizations at the headquarters of Peña Sevillista Al Relente, located a few meters from the stadium in which there will not be lacking the classic exchange of gifts. The knockout stages of the Champions League are a major reason for the football festival to be fully experienced both in Seville and Leicester, where the massive number of fans from one club to another will certainly make the event colorful Between the two sets.

Clutching desperately here but Sevilla will play a high line at the back in the home leg particularly so there might even be space for Vardy to run in behind you know, if he fancies it and someone in the midfield can firstly get the ball, keep the ball for more than 2 seconds and then put a nice through ball to him.

You never know! Ndidi will do it. 

Does anyone else think all the people who keep saying gleefully over and over again how badly we are going to get trounced are being a bit disrespectful to their fellow fans who are spending their hard earned dough and using their precious holiday to go and support the team in Spain?

Can we not lay of the negative doom and gloom and just enjoy city in the last 16 of the champions league (still feels weird typing that).

I'm not going myself (although I was lucky enough to get out to Copenhagen) but just hope all the lads and lasses have a cracking time savour it we have waited a long time and watched a lot or horrendous football down the years to really enjoy nights like these!

As for the game I fancy us for a score draw here think they will underestimate us and we will really bring out a huge performance.

You heard it hear first.

Up the city!

Archived