Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

kasper

simpson, morgan, huth, fuchs

mahrez, drinkwater, king, albrighton

okazaki

vardy

that would be my team to face sevilla. i know all of these players have been pretty much terrible this season. but this is the champions league and on nights like these, form goes out the window. these players will give their all imo.

55 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

kasper

okazaki

vardy

that would be my team to face sevilla. i know all of these players have been pretty much terrible this season. but this is the champions league and on nights like these, form goes out the window. these players will give their all imo.

No Ndidi you're having a laugh

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

kasper

okazaki

vardy

N'Didi has been very consistent in every match so far and will only get better, we will see very little of the ball against Seville so how you can have the only player who wins it back not in the starting line up is beyond me!!!!!

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

kasper

okazaki

vardy

Thanks for that Claudio. The problem is, you keep starting that team and they are ****ing dreadful. 

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Does anyone else think all the people who keep saying gleefully over and over again how badly we are going to get trounced are being a bit disrespectful to their fellow fans who are spending their hard earned dough and using their precious holiday to go and support the team in Spain?

Can we not lay of the negative doom and gloom and just enjoy city in the last 16 of the champions league (still feels weird typing that).

I'm not going myself (although I was lucky enough to get out to Copenhagen) but just hope all the lads and lasses have a cracking time savour it we have waited a long time and watched a lot or horrendous football down the years to really enjoy nights like these!

As for the game I fancy us for a score draw here think they will underestimate us and we will really bring out a huge performance.

You heard it hear first.

Up the city!

Nope - I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best. One of my partners went to Munich on Wednesday with his two boys  so rather keen on not out doing the arse re goals conceded! 

Wednesday nights performance (re the intensity) will tell us all if the stuff we have heard about the players and manager is true.  

On 02/16/2017 at 23:33, irishfoxkev said:

Fully understand what you're saying and If I still lived in Nuneaton I would go no matter what....Unfortunately though when travelling from Ireland midweek night matches become costly as overnight accommodation is needed not to mention 2 days off work.....Got over to Porto and Copenhagen home games so experienced the thrill of hearing Champions League music and got some gear with official Champions League branding........If we are well beaten next Wed the £100 cost of tickets and the £80 for hotel could be far better spent getting over to 1 or 2 weekend home games as we fight our way out of the current mess?

Blimey, even the local drug dealers are cashing in on our success.

8 hours ago, foxes21 said:

kasper

okazaki

vardy

I wouldn't go with King, I prefer N'didi. 

1 hour ago, gcxttle said:

I wouldn't go with King, I prefer N'didi. 

Judging by your picture signature that's hardly surprising. You should have a word with his agent (if you're not his agent) and see if he might have some work for you in PR for the bloke.  

As it happens I agree with others that we'll need three in central midfield and Ndidi should be a cert unless he's injured/broken hearted or whatever. He might as well get a bit more action as not. It'll keep him in the public eye for when he moves on.  

After that it depends who you see as most useful defensively. the more robust Drinkwater or the additional hand for defensive corners/free-kicks that is King.

Retaining the ball won't be an issue because we'll have few if any runners trying to threaten their goal. It will be an exercise in unambitious doggedness which will only make whichever of our players who's got the ball in central midfield look awful.

Optimists wondering if King might get forward far enough to pinch a goal will be disappointed - this will be just like last time out at Coventry when we went ahead in the Championship. If King gets the ball he'll have to turn round and look backwards to find a colleague. The only chance of stealing a goal might come if he plays the last 20 minutes but it's my guess we'll be three or four down by them.

So Ndidi, Drinkwater and Mendy as a midfield three would be fine by me with Albrighton and Chilwell on the wings of a midfield five, that being about as defensive as we can get.

I wouldn't even see the point of venturing past the halfway line and wasting energy. Just shoot from wherever we win the ball and concentrate on spoiling their next attack. It's a pity we can't play two goalkeepers really, just to provide additional insurance. 

I see Ulloa's injury is still troubling him. Must be so frustrating for the medics realising that, whatever they do, I imagine there'll still be a niggle til around Mayday.

By the way, does anyone know the odds for us not having a shot on target? No, just for the Sevilla away game, not the rest of the season!   :rolleyes:       

Of course, it would be great to go there and win, but in reality we are looking to keep it to a score that gives us a glimmer of hope in the second leg. So, anything from a draw to 0-2, 1-3 etc would be ok.

We must pack the midfield - Albrighton, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Mendy/Amartey, Gray. Ndidi and Gray to play slightly further forward to assist Vardy. Ndidi has the ability to thread a decent pass through to Vardy and has the potential to score a goal.  I would leave Mahrez on the bench, to see how things go, and then perhaps bring him on with twenty or so minutes to go when their defenders start to tire.

23 minutes ago, 49er said:

Of course, it would be great to go there and win, but in reality we are looking to keep it to a score that gives us a glimmer of hope in the second leg. So, anything from a draw to 0-2, 1-3 etc would be ok.

We must pack the midfield - Albrighton, Ndidi, Drinkwater, Mendy/Amartey, Gray. Ndidi and Gray to play slightly further forward to assist Vardy. Ndidi has the ability to thread a decent pass through to Vardy and has the potential to score a goal.  I would leave Mahrez on the bench, to see how things go, and then perhaps bring him on with twenty or so minutes to go when their defenders start to tire.

I agree with this, play for 0-0 away and hope to beat them on our patch.

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Replace Morgan with Amartey as centre back imo, so Morgan's slow-pace isn't giving the team disadvantage if we played a high-line and they were on the counter attack.

Are we leaving the lightening quick Huth in the back line?

Archived