K1FOX

Sevilla Away - Flying to Madrid ?

37 posts in this topic

On a return to Madrid £40 - leaving 22nd 6.30am returning from Madrid 23rd 12.55pm.

Anyone else doing this and what's best option to get to Seville? Only one I can see is train which takes 2hr 30 min and costs 80 quid return 

We're doing the same but arriving into Madrid on the Tuesday evening.

I think the £80 return train is the only option...

Where did you find the return flight tickets? Everywhere I look it's cheap to go but expensive back.

£80 train isn't too bad. You'd be looking at the same price in this Country for a 2hr 30min journey.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Where did you find the return flight tickets? Everywhere I look it's cheap to go but expensive back.

£80 train isn't too bad. You'd be looking at the same price in this Country for a 2hr 30min journey.

I booked as soon as date came out with Ryanair. From Stansted returning on 23rd

We're flying to Madrid from Luton , was £64 return yesterday 

trains to Madrid are £49 return

5 hours ago, Redcowfc said:

We're flying to Madrid from Luton , was £64 return yesterday 

trains to Madrid are £49 return

Where you getting the £49 return train ?

45 quid return flight to Madrid from Bristol.  Staying in Madrid the Tuesday night then high speed train to Seville on Weds.  journey back to Madrid Thursday .  train 79 quid return. get to go out in two cool cities. Nice 

8 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Which site you guys booking the train through?

Trainline.eu.  would imagine same prices on the Renfre site 

3 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Trainline.eu.  would imagine same prices on the Renfre site 

Cheers just done it on the app. Very simple. 

Just booked Gatwick to Madrid £68 return not to bad flying out Tuesday lunchtime with easyjet coming back with Norwegian airlines late Thursday afternoon.

Return train tickets Madrid to Seville 75 euros.

Edited by Foxes1
Update

2 of us from bristol to malaga on weds morning £47 each return which was a bargain then booked train to seville €146 :jawdrop:.......

3 of us going from Bristol (at least to Seville).

I looked at the via Madrid option, but plumped for the longer stay option instead.

Fly out from Gatwick on the Sunday prior, return on Monday the 28th meaning I may have a chance of fitting in the Betis vs Sevilla game on the Sunday before I leave (local Seville derby no less!)

My flights with British Airways (their dirt cheap economy) were just over £100. Hostel stay for the whole period also just over £100 - naturally the bigger cost will be spending money over the whole trip, but I'm treating it as a holiday and guess being out there early also increases options/chances of somehow getting hold of a ticket. 

Stanstead Tuesday morning to Madrid Return Thursday night £60 return

Train is looking about  £60 return, do you have to book a time slot or can you book a open ticket? One I seen need to book time slot 

I booked my train ticket from malaga and i had to choose a time so not sure if you can book open tickets

Edited by Bristol fox ....

Im about to book the train tickets, do you know if there is a train station at the madrid airport to take you to seville or do we need to get to city centre then get a train?.need to make sure i have plently of time as train goes on time slots

10 minutes ago, Topman said:

Im about to book the train tickets, do you know if there is a train station at the madrid airport to take you to seville or do we need to get to city centre then get a train?.need to make sure i have plently of time as train goes on time slots

You need to get to Atocha on the metro Line 1. 

1 minute ago, Filbert_Ross said:

You need to get to Atocha on the metro Line 1. 

Just read about it, we arrive at T1 and the free train is at T4, arriving at 10:15 - 12pm train to seville is cheaper than 2pm train but incaze flight delay i dont think I can make it, unless buying ticket on day but not sure how much is going to cost 

Anyone found any cheaper train tickets from Madrid to Seville ? 

We are flying down to Seville. As little as £24 one way depending on when you leave.

Arrive Tuesday 10:15am, getting 12pm train to Seville arrive 2:30pm - getting 9:45am train Thursday morning to Madrid, going to do the Real Madrid tour then 9:30pm flight back to Manchester, flights and train combine return £145, still a lot cheaper than flying direct 

7 hours ago, Mud said:

We are flying down to Seville. As little as £24 one way depending on when you leave.

We arrive on the Wednesday morning 9.45am - all flights that day seem to be expensive