Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

A Dislike button?

What are our chances of having a dislike button?

If someone posted about a bombing/ shooting , i'd like the option of disliking it. Some Inherent Britain first crap, i'd like the option of disliking it

What are our chances of getting a Dislike button?

And before some of you smart arses say anything... yes, i know you'd like the option of disliking this post! :P

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

What are our chances of having a dislike button?

If someone posted about a bombing/ shooting , i'd like the option of disliking it. Some Inherent Britain first crap, i'd like the option of disliking it

What are our chances of getting a Dislike button?

And before some of you smart arses say anything... yes, i know you'd like the option of disliking this post! :P

Think my local rag does it on news stories.So you get positive and negative points( thumbs up and down)

you get some right tools writing on there.

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

What about a nuke button one a week, and if the person ends up with over 15 nukes they get blasted from the site

The first thing I'd nuke would be your gif.

There are only so many times that you want to see an arse splitting someone's trousers. :D

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I reckon it sounds good in theory but not in practice, would just lead to wars between posters that don't agree / get on. I think a better way to disagree with somebody is to express your point of view articulately rather than just using a dislike button

The flip side of that coin of course is that instead of getting into a petty argument  and some people seemingly getting their knickers ina twist over something trivial, people can just dislike the comment and move on with their life.

57 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Dislike button would be carnage. Talk about empowering internet trolls everywhere. 

Surely it would do the opposite? without being able to just simply dislike something, it opens the doorway to trolling. With a dislike button, trolls can be told to just dislike something if they have no capacity to add a constructive comment and move on.

Personally i think it would cut out a lot of the meaningless trolling you are talking about...

49 minutes ago, MPH said:

Surely it would do the opposite? without being able to just simply dislike something, it opens the doorway to trolling. With a dislike button, trolls can be told to just dislike something if they have no capacity to add a constructive comment and move on.

Personally i think it would cut out a lot of the meaningless trolling you are talking about...

I don't think it'll stop arguments. Troll's obviously say provocative things, and the more provocative it is the more likely you are to get a verbal response. 

A dislike button won't stop people being from voicing(typing, really) their disagreeing with things they strongly disagree with.

Just now, ajthefox said:

I don't think it'll stop arguments. Troll's obviously say provocative things, and the more provocative it is the more likely you are to get a verbal response. 

A dislike button won't stop people being from voicing(typing, really) their disagreeing with things they strongly disagree with.

My point is that it could be an extra tool that the mods could use - dont like it? nothing constructive to add to the discussion? press the dislike and move on. or next time its a ban!

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

People end up disliking things they just disagree with even though it's perfectly valid post, the political threads will just become even more partisan than they already are.

I struggle to understand  how anyone can get remotely upset about someone just putting a thumbs down next to a post. We're mostly all adults here, aren't we?

so someone might not like what I said... why would that be troublesome?

20 hours ago, MPH said:

I struggle to understand  how anyone can get remotely upset about someone just putting a thumbs down next to a post. We're mostly all adults here, aren't we?

so someone might not like what I said... why would that be troublesome?

No one would be upset about it but people will be unfairly down voted. It stifles debate a little bit because people can disagree without elaborating why.

16 minutes ago, Wookie said:

No one would be upset about it but people will be unfairly down voted. It stifles debate a little bit because people can disagree without elaborating why.

You say it stifles debate, i say it can be another tool used against trolls.. instead of trolling, known trolls can be told to use the dislike button instead.

Just now, MPH said:

You say it stifles debate, i say it can be another tool used against trolls.. instead of trolling, known trolls can be told to use the dislike button instead.

Trolls troll people to get a reaction, a dislike button isn't going to stop them lol

Besides it's not like foxestalk is overran with dickheads in every thread

Archived