Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

We need someone on the left who can get down the line and put crosses in for slimani. Peak Steve Guppy would be ideal. Right now all the attacking we do is exactly the same. We need to mix it up more. Gray isn't the answer because hes just a poor man's Mahrez. 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Albrightons problem is he's been asked to do to much. Help out Fuchs and then be an attacking winger also. It's too much ground to cover withe pace of matches in the prem.

He's also instruced to fire the ball in early  which is ok but he needs to chose better.

Mahrez has a similar problem on the right being exposed alone and also expected to help Simpson.

What we need is better cohesion  The better teams work in packs with plenty of support. For that you need quality in midfield and defenders you can depend on. 

I think Mahrez had more support last season from Drinkwater rather than Simpson - how many times did we play between Mahrez, Drinky and Okazaki. 

I think he is looking for that support from a CM this season which he isn't getting rather than from Simpson who is probably being asked to not commit high us as will leave 2 at the back with Fuchs pushing high. 

Drinky is playing more the holding midfielder this season rather than having a license license to play more freely

Think some of you are well off tbh. He's been well below his best like everyone else this season but he's winning the ball back better than anyone else and his crossing, when actually getting into crossing positions, is consistently good.

He's picking the ball up too deep and trying too many Hollywood passes. He's doing the basics wrong like many others but I don't think you can question him as a crosser of the ball. 

If anyone should have been dropped for Gray in the last few months it's Mahrez.

11 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Think some of you are well off tbh. He's been well below his best like everyone else this season but he's winning the ball back better than anyone else and his crossing, when actually getting into crossing positions, is consistently good.

He's picking the ball up too deep and trying too many Hollywood passes. He's doing the basics wrong like many others but I don't think you can question him as a crosser of the ball.

If anyone should have been dropped for Gray in the last few months it's Mahrez.

Mahrez is the only person who doesn't treat the ball like a grenade and generally has little options

33 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

What are his goals and assists tally - Can't be much at all.

I make it 5 goals 9 assists in 74 appearances (60 starts 14 sub appearances) 

Since 09/10 season for Villa, Wigan and us he has made 164 appearances 12 goals 19 assists (110 starts 54 sub appearances) 

33 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

Mahrez is the only person who doesn't treat the ball like a grenade and generally has little options

You can tell he doens't treat it like a grenade he doesn't want to get rid of it. As for little options sorry but that is bull, the guy has plenty of options on he just hasn't felt like passing it much up until we played City. As for Albrighton he's shown more fight than most this season, it's just a shame we stick him out on the left every game.

Good defensively and will always cover but seems inconsistent this season (not a surprise, again, given he was in and out of the side a bit earlier in the season) and, for me, doesn't offer enough going forward. I feel his good crossing ability is wasted on the left side of midfield - especially considering we have Slimani now (someone to aim at!) - and I get bored of him checking inside on his right foot and overplaying a crossfield ball.

1 minute ago, Eskay said:

People defending him yesterday have no leg to stand on. He gave the ball away so many times and don't get me started on his tackling. The guy is crap.

He gives the ball away constantly. Said it earlier in the season. 

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

I like him a lot, but he has been relatively ineffective creatively for about a year now. It's very predictable that he will cut inside on his right.

Ranieri loves him for his defensive work. If only Gray could pull his finger out and learn to track back like Albrighton does.

played in the right formation gray wouldnt have to track back and could concentrate on what he does best.

to be honest i dont like thinking about this anymore as claudio either doesnt see it or doesnt want it.:banghead:

4 hours ago, OllieLodge96 said:

I love Albrighton for his work rate and he was key in our title winning season last year.

BUT

Whenever he gets the ball, he smashes it up field in hope that someone is running onto it. He just crosses all the time, with most being dreadful. And he is far too scared for a winger when he is on the ball. He never looks to take players on.

He has no quality on the ball. How he is getting in the team ahead of Gray is unbelievable

Couldn't argee more i would love 2 see his pass stats in some games must be close 2 50% hes so our of form its unbelievable and 2 keep playing him is also unbelievable 

13 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

Couldn't argee more i would love 2 see his pass stats in some games must be close 2 50% hes so our of form its unbelievable and 2 keep playing him is also unbelievable 

The passing stats of a player who is being played on the wrong side of the pitch, and who's job it is to deliver balls into the box. If hes close to 50% that suggests as well as his short passes he's getting someone on the end of a cross once in every 2 crosses which is a good job for a winger let alone one who's playing on his weaker foot. The whole team is out of form but like many have said it would be much more beneficial to drop mahrez and play Albrighton on the right where he has threatened when he's played there.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Honestly don't understand what Gray has done to warrant a start.

He NEVER affects the play when he comes on. One screamer against a United side when we're 4-0 up and apparently he's the saviour.

Assist for our only goal at Sunderland would suggest otherwise.

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Honestly don't understand what Gray has done to warrant a start.

He NEVER affects the play when he comes on. One screamer against a United side when we're 4-0 up and apparently he's the saviour.

I guess the argument can be what have our current widemen, minus Saturday, done to keep their places?

for whatever reason, wrong position/unfit/loss of form/just not very good albrighton needs to be dropped.

gray, kapustka, musa............................schlupp   can have a go instead.

akcj you say gray never affects the play when he comes on................maybe if he had a few consecutive starts under his belt he would find his best form?

21 hours ago, sm1 said:

Said that a while ago on here. We could have played him on the right side of a 433. Therefore allowing Mahrez to stay up and do less defence work and Albrighton could have supported him more. Hes also a decent crosser from the right. Currently he's only in the team because he tracks back. Offers nothing going forward.

Exactly, That's whats needed and I just cannot understand why CR and the Staff can't see it. It's balancing the right side and would make us so much stronger.

Mahrez will have more energy to do what he does best. Albrighton can go on the overlap when Mahrez cuts inside, creating space and causing the full back problems.

He can also cross the ball naturally  without having to check back inside as he does on the left side. Then you still have Simpson behind them offering further support.

That would be our right side sorted. Then we just have to do similar on the Left and improve the team that way. at the moment we're using sq pegs in round holes and suffering because of it.

Guest CityFan 06

Needs to be on the right, where he was very effective in the great escape season. Now, he can be good on the left in games, but playing RM would allow him to distribute and cross the ball without having to check back inside each time. Of course, Mahrez is in that position at the moment, so it's difficult to change that.  

What's good about Albrighton is his protection and defensive work, helping out the fullbacks. He's very good at that, and I think he'd be good at doing that either side. I suppose it would break up the left side partnership between Fuchs and Albrighton, but I think Musa & Gray have shown their willingness to track back too on the left.

I know Albrighton can pass, cross and defend, but against Bournemouth he suffered on the left side, everything went wrong for him. Only when moved to the right he started to play better but his form is still below average. Even his defending was poor that game. Awful first half, the second not much better. You can see he's getting frustrated with himself. I'd love CR to give him some rest and play Gray on the left, otherwise the young lad will soon turn into a zombie:

3o6Zt1J1Xx4ytKrjEs.gif

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. I would rather have a second LB instead of Albrighton. I am a logically man so this is my reasons:

1- Marc's best ability is defending. But a proper LB is a better defender

2- Marc's second best ability is crossing. But a proper LB can cross better. And wait for it!. here is a bonus. The LB will cross with his natural feet

3- Marc's third best ability is his work rate. But a proper LB will have better stamina, defensive awareness and physicality

The only winger in the league that I can call " a winger that can defend" is mosses. He is a beast defensively and offensively. A proper physical player with an actual end product.

give him a break and have Gray or Kapustka in the team. he needs to put more crosses into the box and have a run at the opposition. when he gets the ball run with it and create space for for his team mates before crossing or hitting the long balls. be more active and not just stay on the wing crossing balls.

2 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I know Albrighton can pass, cross and defend, but against Bournemouth he suffered on the left side, everything went wrong for him. Only when moved to the right he started to play better but his form is still below average. Even his defending was poor that game. Awful first half, the second not much better. You can see he's getting frustrated with himself. I'd love CR to give him some rest and play Gray on the left, otherwise the young lad will soon turn into a zombie:

3o6Zt1J1Xx4ytKrjEs.gif

lol you thief 

Archived