Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OllieLodge96

Marc Albrighton

On 14/12/2016 at 14:15, AKCJ said:

Honestly don't understand what Gray has done to warrant a start.

He NEVER affects the play when he comes on. One screamer against a United side when we're 4-0 up and apparently he's the saviour.

On 14/12/2016 at 14:20, Fox92 said:

Assist for our only goal at Sunderland would suggest otherwise.

On 15/12/2016 at 11:43, HankMarvin said:

Won the pen at hull also when he started

And yesterday was brilliant when he came on.

Gray has to start. 

Tricky one to call is Demari, wouldn`t start him ahead of Albrighton at the moment due to his lack of defensive qualities, he was absolutely awful in Porto as well, hardly pushing Claudio for a start, is clearly a very talented lad though, quick, direct and skilfull, hope he stays patient as I see an exiting future for him with us.

• 2 months later...

I get the manager wasn't taking today's game seriously, but I had to raise an eyebrow when he brought Albrighton on today. One goal and two assists in the entire calendar ear of 2016 is pony, never ever going to help us win the game from the bench. The myth that he is any good is baffling, I just pray that Gray was withdrawn to save him for Wednesday and this clown doesn't start.

Couldn't believe we didn't move him to right back once Wague got injured and move Amartey centre back.

Instead we brought on a like for like defender for must keep things simple, later taking off Gray for Vardy, and who scores the winner? Their right back. Would he have been all that way forward if Gray was still on? I doubt it very much.

27 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Getting worse all the time. 

However why he was brought on I don't know 

To defend. Since the team started to look shaky at the back against a 10 men League One team. LOL.

i cannot understand how he even gets on the bench,,the commentator said Leicester are bringing him on for his crossing abilitys 89th minute Leicester corner floats it into the box no pace no swerve the goalie plucks the ball out of the sky, shocking corner 90th minute goal to millwall,it was not just today hes been like it all season

In a few ways, he can be a poor man's James Milner.

What made me question in particular was why he sometimes tried to cover the wingers but fails to tackle much etc.

Didn't where to put but scouts have monitored winger Jonathan Cafu most recently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4237692/Leicester-Everton-West-Ham-send-scouts-watch-Cafu.html

On 14/12/2016 at 10:52, Wilson_6 said:

I think Gray needs to start for the next couple of games. Give Albrighton a much needed rest.

Gray needs to improve his decision making and learn to pass the ball as creatively as he sometimes crosses the ball. He's got talent but it's raw as gold in an underground seam. The other thing he needs is greater strength, stamina and the determination to do damage at every opportunity.

Our coaches should be working on the details of it day in and day out. To such an extent that the lad wouldn't recognise himself by the start of next season.

Chilwell the same. He's another with such talent and is clearly a good, strong athlete. But he's so soft mentally and so prone to momentary lapses of concentration. Again, the club should be working on those things. Conditioning games to strengthen his mind and his relentlessness.

Faults are there to be improved in every player but I don't see evidence that we're working on them any more than our approach to dead ball situations. I don't care if it means extra time at the training ground. Either players want to be the best they can or they should take up something more sedate,

As for Albrighton needing a rest, I've never known a first team footballer ever "want" a rest. He needs revitalising and refocusing. He needs someone to make him feel young again and eager to improve some more. By upping his crossing accuracy and improving the incisiveness of his ground passes. They might even get him to relish a tackle more, but that wouldn't be a priority, simply a bonus.

PS: I wrote this without noticing his passing stats at the top of the thread but they serve to prove my point exactly. The bloke's operating at half-throttle and should be working up to 75% accuracy minimum. It's not unrealisitic it's creating reasons to concentrate on the training ground and improve.

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

Gray needs to improve his decision making and learn to pass the ball as creatively as he sometimes crosses the ball. He's got talent but it's raw as gold in an underground seam. The other thing he needs is greater strength, stamina and the determination to do damage at every opportunity.

Our coaches should be working on the details of it day in and day out. To such an extent that the lad wouldn't recognise himself by the start of next season.

Chilwell the same. He's another with such talent and is clearly a good, strong athlete. But he's so soft mentally and so prone to momentary lapses of concentration. Again, the club should be working on those things. Conditioning games to strengthen his mind and his relentlessness.

Faults are there to be improved in every player but I don't see evidence that we're working on them any more than our approach to dead ball situations. I don't care if it means extra time at the training ground. Either players want to be the best they can or they should take up something more sedate,

As for Albrighton needing a rest, I've never known a first team footballer ever "want" a rest. He needs revitalising and refocusing. He needs someone to make him feel young again and eager to improve some more. By upping his crossing accuracy and improving the incisiveness of his ground passes. They might even get him to relish a tackle more, but that wouldn't be a priority, simply a bonus.

PS: I wrote this without noticing his passing stats at the top of the thread but they serve to prove my point exactly. The bloke's operating at half-throttle and should be working up to 75% accuracy minimum. It's not unrealisitic it's creating reasons to concentrate on the training ground and improve.

I kinda agree with this Tony. 

I can see why Pearson never played him for a while.

People talk about "defensive ability" and "work rate" - I just don't see it. His end product is horrific.

Yet again though it seems the manager just wanted to bring him on. Albrighton was nowhere near as effective as Gray or Kapustka.

Archived