Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simoncccccc

Team of the Year - Leicester City!

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

This was one of my favourites

"Leicester win #SPOTY over Women's Hockey; a bunch of arrogant men who earn more in a week than the ladies do in a year #equality #gofigure"

Because their pay has anything to do with it... and the fact she bangs on about equality yet it more than happy to brand every single one of the "arrogant" without even knowing them.

Wow.. Seriously abstract comparison this woman made. Yeah, because a 2 week Olympic tournament is the same as a 9 month football season???!

As usual, the biggest experts are the least informed.

8 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Wow.. Seriously abstract comparison this woman made. Yeah, because a 2 week Olympic tournament is the same as a 9 month football season???!

As usual, the biggest experts are the least informed.

Apparently our season didn't count as half of it was in 2015... plus the hockey people had been working towards this for 4 years.

Don't think she liked me pointing out that using her criteria, 3.5 years of that didn't count.

45 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Highly predictable. In todays world if everything doesn't have a femine twist, then according to the feminist, its sexist. Look at the recent all female ghostbusters film. It did shit at the box office and the feminist started crying that this was due to sexism/misogyny. No ladies the film was shit so nobody watched it. Anyway congratulations to our team. So sorry i missed it, never watch SPOTY, so forgot all about us being up for some awards.

That Ghostbusters remake was also a like for like copy of the original, with the same costume designs, ghost designs and scenes. Despite being made over 30 years after the original...WTF??? How on earth did they expect it to turn out any other way than bad?

It also sends out a disturbing message that people should accept being dictated to and controlled against their own natural instincts in order to placate agenda driven zealots who will demonise them otherwise.

It's a fvckin thick and clueless world we live in..

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Apparently our season didn't count as half of it was in 2015... plus the hockey people had been working towards this for 4 years.

Don't think she liked me pointing out that using her criteria, 3.5 years of that didn't count.

Man, you bothered to argue with an ignorant zealot!?... Fair play to you for sticking up for principle though.

Again, why should people be forced to support something of which they have no feel for??! I think these feminists need to confront their own gender and ask them why they watch and support more male sports than female?? But we're just not supposed to talk about that - the crucial part!!?? :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Man, you bothered to argue with an ignorant zealot!?... Fair play to you for sticking up for principle though.

Again, why should people be forced to support something of which they have no feel for??! I think these feminists need to confront their own gender and ask them why they watch and support more male sports than female?? But we're just not supposed to talk about that - the crucial part!!?? :rolleyes:

I love a good argument. :D

Another one was moaning about it being sexist that a male football team and a man won the main awards, rather than Laura Kenny and GB Hockey. I pointed out the main award was voted for by the public and last time I checked the public also included a lot of women who could have voted for her.... turns out this silly cow didn't even vote. lol

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I love a good argument. :D

Another one was moaning about it being sexist that a male football team and a man won the main awards, rather than Laura Kenny and GB Hockey. I pointed out the main award was voted for by the public and last time I checked the public also included a lot of women who could have voted for her.... turns out this silly cow didn't even vote. lol

Inevitably...

15 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I read a woman say what the hockey team achieved with leave a bigger legacy than anything we achieve. Get real m8. 

I've just had a twitter conversation with one woman who said the Hockey team should have won as Leicester had had their rewards, like the gold medals they had won didn't exist. She the followed it up with they should have won as they don't earn as much as footballers.

Completely unable to understand the difference in magnitude of the two events.

The GB Women Hockey team were fantastic this summer. I cheered when they scored the winning penalty. I actually watched most of the matches. They were a very worthy nominee for the team of the year award. As were the England Rugby team (going a whole year unbeaten), Mercedes F1 (being so dominant again), Man City Ladies (winning the league and european cup double), Wales (unexpected run to the Euro semis). I think every nominee was worthy, but Leicester stood out miles with the unexpected nature of their achievement. The league win sent ripples around the world, people with no interest in sport were picking up on it. For a very good hockey team to win a gold medal when there are slightly better hockey team competing is a very good achievement, but for a team who barley survived in a league one year, to be considered one of the worst teams in that league going into the season, to go toe to toe with teams spending the GDP of a nation on new players and beating them, is remarkable. It's the biggest sporting story of my lifetime, its the greatest underdog story every. Only one team could win that award, and it was rightly Leicester City.

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm obviously in the minority but I'd have given it to the hockey ladies. I think they deserved it more than LCFC. 

I don't think it's about who deserves to win neccasarily, just that as usual the Olympic fans are out in force and anything an Olympian does in their eyes is far better than the overpaid footballers who barely have to work for a living.

Either team would've deserved to win it but unfortunately there has to be one that missed out.

28 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The GB Women Hockey team were fantastic this summer. I cheered when they scored the winning penalty. I actually watched most of the matches. They were a very worthy nominee for the team of the year award. As were the England Rugby team (going a whole year unbeaten), Mercedes F1 (being so dominant again), Man City Ladies (winning the league and european cup double), Wales (unexpected run to the Euro semis). I think every nominee was worthy, but Leicester stood out miles with the unexpected nature of their achievement. The league win sent ripples around the world, people with no interest in sport were picking up on it. For a very good hockey team to win a gold medal when there are slightly better hockey team competing is a very good achievement, but for a team who barley survived in a league one year, to be considered one of the worst teams in that league going into the season, to go toe to toe with teams spending the GDP of a nation on new players and beating them, is remarkable. It's the biggest sporting story of my lifetime, its the greatest underdog story every. Only one team could win that award, and it was rightly Leicester City.

But but but they earn trillions so it's not an achievement.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Technically we'd been working towards that for 132 years lol Admittedly we took some god awful detours along the way

18 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Social Media currently consists of thousands of dried up ***** losing their shit because "sexism is still rife in this country" and that's the only reason GB women's hockey didn't win the award. Go crawl in a cave with your prehistoric bollocks. 

Fvkin glory succubus bitches.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The GB Women Hockey team were fantastic this summer. I cheered when they scored the winning penalty. I actually watched most of the matches. They were a very worthy nominee for the team of the year award. As were the England Rugby team (going a whole year unbeaten), Mercedes F1 (being so dominant again), Man City Ladies (winning the league and european cup double), Wales (unexpected run to the Euro semis). I think every nominee was worthy, but Leicester stood out miles with the unexpected nature of their achievement. The league win sent ripples around the world, people with no interest in sport were picking up on it. For a very good hockey team to win a gold medal when there are slightly better hockey team competing is a very good achievement, but for a team who barley survived in a league one year, to be considered one of the worst teams in that league going into the season, to go toe to toe with teams spending the GDP of a nation on new players and beating them, is remarkable. It's the biggest sporting story of my lifetime, its the greatest underdog story every. Only one team could win that award, and it was rightly Leicester City.

Could make a good case for the US and their miracle on Ice-  rank amateurs winning olympic gold vs one of the best in the world? That's right up there in underdog stories 

Archived