Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

Ten goals in three matches (including a brace over East Midlands rivals Derby County in a 5-0 victory) attracted the interest of first-team manager Claudio Ranieri.

Blimey, that is impressive, strange they focussed on his brace against Derby and not the 8 he scored in the other 2 games :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

How good actually is he then? I've not really seen him play.

Seen him a few times and never really stood out for me like the way Chilwell did in the under21s, that being said I've never really seen many mistakes from him in what is a pretty dismal youth team

Joe Mattock 

Richard Stearman 

Andy King

Levy Porter 

Louis Dodds 

Ashley Chambers 

Chris O'Grady 

Liam Moore 

Conrad Logan

Jeff Schlupp 

Those are just on top of my head of the players we've produced in the last decade. Only King, Schlupp and Stearman have gone on to have careers above the Championship. Liam Moore can still make it.

Our production line have been abysmal.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Joe Mattock 

Richard Stearman 

Andy King

Levy Porter 

Louis Dodds 

Ashley Chambers 

Chris O'Grady 

Liam Moore 

Conrad Logan

Jeff Schlupp 

Those are just on top of my head of the players we've produced in the last decade. Only King, Schlupp and Stearman have gone on to have careers above the Championship. Liam Moore can still make it.

Max Gradel? 

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Joe Mattock 

Richard Stearman 

Andy King

Levy Porter 

Louis Dodds 

Ashley Chambers 

Chris O'Grady 

Liam Moore 

Conrad Logan

Jeff Schlupp 

Agreed.

Suppose it looks a little more promising with the likes of Elder (pre injury doing well at Brentford), Chilwell, Barnes, Choudhury (Already doing well at Champ level) but fully agree it should be much better!

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Joe Mattock 

Richard Stearman 

Andy King

Levy Porter 

Louis Dodds 

Ashley Chambers 

Chris O'Grady 

Liam Moore 

Conrad Logan

Jeff Schlupp 

Premier League player and Ivorian international Max Gradel would say he's had a pretty good career so far

Edited by Jimmy

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's a very disappointing list and questions need asking of it to be honest. It's a decent sized city in a one-club county. We should be capable of producing better than that.

the club seem to champion what they win but the academy isn't there to win things its there to produce players for us to either use ourselves or sell to others

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the club seem to champion what they win but the academy isn't there to win things its there to produce players for us to either use ourselves or sell to others

Precisely. I'd happily finish bottom of the league even if we got one quality player through the system rather than nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HathernFox said:

Dodds may not have "made it" but he's carved out a good career in league 1 and 2.

Thats all well and good, but for a designated Category 1 Academy you'd think we'd be doing much better.

27 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Thats all well and good, but for a designated Category 1 Academy you'd think we'd be doing much better.

we've not always been Category 1 though? Think it only went up when we got promoted to Premier League few seasons ago.