Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

On 12/19/2016 at 17:25, Koke said:

Joe Mattock 

Richard Stearman 

Andy King

Levy Porter 

Louis Dodds 

Ashley Chambers 

Chris O'Grady 

Liam Moore 

Conrad Logan

Jeff Schlupp 

Those are just on top of my head of the players we've produced in the last decade. Only King, Schlupp and Stearman have gone on to have careers above the Championship. Liam Moore can still make it.

Our production line have been abysmal.

Mattock - Ability but believed it too much himself, - bit nuts off the pitch.

Conrad- Club paid him a fortune on a long contract  to keep the bench warm, he was happy take it, who wouldn't

Porter- Left for none football reasons. Not welcome at other clubs of any level really.

Chambers- Fantastic promise, he didn't injure himself.

Doods- ,?

Isn't Dodo both young and in the Scottish premier? He has a very good chance of being premier league quality. Also, Chilwell has a very good chance. I don't see our current youth prospects as dire as everyone says.

Edited by Foxxed

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Isn't Dodo both young and in the Scottish premier? He has a very good chance of being premier league quality. Also, Chilwell has a very good chance. I don't see our current youth prospects as dire as everyone says.

what about the massive gap between them and Andy King's debut? the academy should be producing a lot more players, even if they have a Louis Dodds type career of being a solid long term league 1 level player, most seem to just vanish

19 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I don't get all the hype around Chilwell.

Seen him play a few times now and if he is going to get better and be in our squad he needs to go out on loan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

I don't get all the hype around Chilwell.

Seen him play a few times now and if he is going to get better and be in our squad he needs to go out on loan.

Neither do I . But with Klopp and Wenger both making efforts to sign him in the summer he must be doing something right 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2016 at 21:17, Barky said:

I suppose the question is how good is our academy compared to other clubs. 

According to this we are ranked 67th in Europe at having produced players who currently play in the top 5 leagues in Europe: http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/rk/training/en/phone/index.html

If you just look at English clubs we're there or there abouts with the likes of Southampton and Everton. Most English clubs in fact haven't produced a single player currently in the top-5 leagues, so on that basis we're not doing too badly. I don't know how people expect us to be doing much better than anyone else. The talent pool is not massive and the competition is fierce.

They are lightyears ahead of us. 

• Like 1

On 19/12/2016 at 17:25, Koke said:

Joe Mattock 

Richard Stearman 

Andy King

Levy Porter 

Louis Dodds 

Ashley Chambers 

Chris O'Grady 

Liam Moore 

Conrad Logan

Jeff Schlupp 

Those are just on top of my head of the players we've produced in the last decade. Only King, Schlupp and Stearman have gone on to have careers above the Championship. Liam Moore can still make it.

Our production line have been abysmal.

Clucas at Hull currently in the prem. debatable we produced him considering we released him.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, filthyfox said:

.... Bournemouth? 

They just don't have the same draw though, and Southampton is much bigger as a city, let alone as a club.

I have family in Wiltshire area, and the majority of football fans even up there support the Saints.

6 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Remember Southampton are the only Premier League club for miles, they get the pick of the south/south west. 

Well if you were to draw a radius around us based on nearest prem clubs we would have a pretty big catchment area now to cast a net especially with the population in that area. 

Should be a good time for our academy.

Edited by desertfox2
Minor

On 21/12/2016 at 17:56, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Mattock - Ability but believed it too much himself, - bit nuts off the pitch.

Conrad- Club paid him a fortune on a long contract  to keep the bench warm, he was happy take it, who wouldn't

Porter- Left for none football reasons. Not welcome at other clubs of any level really.

Chambers- Fantastic promise, he didn't injure himself.

Doods- ,?

I doubt very much Conrad was paid a fortune. Maybe 2k a week max.

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Well if you were to draw a radius around us based on nearest prem clubs we would have a pretty big catchment area now to cast a net especially with the population in that area. 

Should be a good time for our academy.

Totally irrelevant

how many Derby or Forest or Villa parents / supporters are going to travel an extra 100 miles a week ( 2 or 3 training sessions plus 1 or 2 games ) just to go to a Premiership team ?

12 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Totally irrelevant

how many Derby or Forest or Villa parents / supporters are going to travel an extra 100 miles a week ( 2 or 3 training sessions plus 1 or 2 games ) just to go to a Premiership team ?

Non, in fact I know of 3 Leicester supporting parents who have taken their child to Villa and Derby because the youth setups are way better than ours.

• Like 1

I think part of the issue is competition from clubs across the country, plus clubs in the Midlands. We're currently the biggest draw in the area (for now and how knows how long it's going to last). But we still have Nottingham (two clubs), Derby, Birmingham (two clubs), Wolverhampton, West Brom that can potentially snatch talent away at an early age. Stoke (with two clubs) isn't too far off, either. On the periphery, we're looking at Peterborough, Northampton, Coventry, Walsall.

The other part coming into play is the influx of foreign players who - to an extent - use up space on the roster, thus (marginally) minimizing the chance of local players coming through the ranks.

Harsh trying to find something at fault with our academy, here. I think there's only a few outfits in the whole of England that "harvest" good footballers on a more or less regular basis.

• 4 weeks later...

Standard LCFC then!

I get that we are in a much more threatening position than Everton/Southampton at present, but seeing Tom Davies take Man City to pieces the other day just makes me wish we took a chance more often! Equally with Southampton and Reed & Simms. 

We've given this poor lad one chance in the last minutes of a game we were getting destroyed in!

• Like 2

Fantastic move for him.

whilst there is a lot of bemoaning about the U21/23s being poor if we didn't loan out and those out of the first team were willing to play inc the 3 overage allowed the story would be different.

Despite making the second teams much worse, this is far more beneficial for his development with Leicester