Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes

On 19/12/2016 at 17:25, Koke said:

Joe Mattock 

Richard Stearman 

Andy King

Levy Porter 

Louis Dodds 

Ashley Chambers 

Chris O'Grady 

Liam Moore 

Conrad Logan

Jeff Schlupp 

Those are just on top of my head of the players we've produced in the last decade. Only King, Schlupp and Stearman have gone on to have careers above the Championship. Liam Moore can still make it.

Our production line have been abysmal.

Bit harsh considering for most of this period we were in the championship so we were producing young players to what was then the current standard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Standard LCFC then!

I get that we are in a much more threatening position than Everton/Southampton at present, but seeing Tom Davies take Man City to pieces the other day just makes me wish we took a chance more often! Equally with Southampton and Reed & Simms. 

We've given this poor lad one chance in the last minutes of a game we were getting destroyed in!

Saints don't just give anyone a go, they have to be sufficiently confident they are up to standard. They haven plenty of youth players who never get in the team. If we aren't sure they're up to it I'd rather we just loaned them out.

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Bit harsh considering for most of this period we were in the championship so we were producing young players to what was then the current standard.

Well I'd hope we're aiming to produce premier league player quality no matter what league we're in. Plenty of Championship teams produce players that end up in the prem.

On 21/12/2016 at 17:56, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Mattock - Ability but believed it too much himself, - bit nuts off the pitch.

Conrad- Club paid him a fortune on a long contract  to keep the bench warm, he was happy take it, who wouldn't

Porter- Left for none football reasons. Not welcome at other clubs of any level really.

Chambers- Fantastic promise, he didn't injure himself.

Doods- ,?

Dodds was at Port Vale, now at Shrewsbury for info

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Standard LCFC then!

I get that we are in a much more threatening position than Everton/Southampton at present, but seeing Tom Davies take Man City to pieces the other day just makes me wish we took a chance more often! Equally with Southampton and Reed & Simms. 

We've given this poor lad one chance in the last minutes of a game we were getting destroyed in!

Thought I'd have a quick look to see what negative spin someone on here could put on this positive story.

Didn't take long.

Wouldn't it be great if the club and it's coaches knew how good it's players were, just imagine.

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Thought I'd have a quick look to see what negative spin someone on here could put on this positive story.

Didn't take long.

Wouldn't it be great if the club and it's coaches knew how good it's players were, just imagine.

I completely understand your point and I hope he does well on loan. I'm just saying it's true to form and these lads very rarely come back. 

Here's my positive spin... Robbie N knows us so hopefully he'll look after him and play him

Edited by AjcW

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I completely understand your point and I hope he does well on loan. I'm just saying it's true to form and these lads very rarely come back. 

I understand the frustration with our lack of youngsters making it in the game at a high level.

But these lads are not coming back because they haven't been good enough.

If Harvey comes back after doing a Deli Ali at MK then we can all rejoice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Standard LCFC then!

We've given chances to Gray and Chilwell. Raneiri won't play him if he dosent think he's good enough.

15 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We've given chances to Gray and Chilwell. Raneiri won't play him if he dosent think he's good enough.

We've only just given Chilwell a chance and look how well that's going! Paid off nicely.

Gray we paid money for... if he wasn't giving him a chance i'd be annoyed and I don't class him in the same category as giving our youngsters ago.

Look they might well not be good enough but how the hell will we ever know if they don't get a chance is all i'm saying, but as i've said the issue we have now is we're probably in to much of a dog fight to risk it.

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We've only just given Chilwell a chance and look how well that's going! Paid off nicely.

Gray we paid money for... if he wasn't giving him a chance i'd be annoyed and I don't class him in the same category as giving our youngsters ago.

Look they might well not be good enough but how the hell will we ever know if they don't get a chance is all i'm saying, but as i've said the issue we have now is we're probably in to much of a dog fight to risk it.

If we were comfortable (8th position) then i think we'd have seen a few youngsters given a go. But every game means so much at the moment until we climb up the table.

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I understand the frustration with our lack of youngsters making it in the game at a high level.

But these lads are not coming back because they haven't been good enough.

If Harvey comes back after doing a Deli Ali at MK then we can all rejoice.

He'll be back and better for it.

In an ideal situation the bulk of our development squad should be out on loan as part of their plan. Good for them, the club and something the players  hope for.

Some tough teams in that league and unforgiving supports.