Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

11 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'd rather sell to villa for £10m than palace for £12.

I wouldn't, highest bidder please.

Too much is made of "strengthening rivals". If we sell them players who aren't good enough for our first XI then they shouldn't be catching us.

It's not as if there only option is to buy from Leicester, they have the whole world to pick up a player.

Selling players who have had plenty of time to cement a place in the first XI but failed to do so and are mid 20's or older is great business. Sure Schlupp has the assets to bite us on the arse in the future but that's why the price is £12.5m and not £1.25m.

If we sell for £12.5m then that's Schlupp and £2.5m for Ndidi and that's great business as Ndidi could be anything.

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

Why would you get schlupp on your shirt at xmas when its common knowledge that he was likely to leave in January 

:unsure:

Isn't that the old numbering too? Got the old Premier League logo.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

Give it a couple of seasons and he'll go to Man U for 30 million.  If he gets a consistent regular starting place in a team that respects his strengths, he could really grow as a player....

He is rubbish at football.

This is not athletics.

He'll be playing for FC Manchester in a couple of seasons.

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Give it a couple of seasons and he'll go to Man U for 30 million.  If he gets a consistent regular starting place in a team that respects his strengths, he could really grow as a player....

IMG_0886.PNG

12 minutes ago, Bamba's Babes said:

He is rubbish at football.

This is not athletics.

He'll be playing for FC Manchester in a couple of seasons.

I have watched every home and away game for the last two seasons and didnt miss many in our promotion season and the season before that  and i can quite categorically say this is not true. He's no world beater. Not by a long shot.. But he definitely has the potential to grow as a player...

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

I have watched every home and away game for the last two seasons and didnt miss many in our promotion season and the season before that  and i can quite categorically say this is not true. He's no world beater. Not by a long shot.. But he definitely has the potential to grow as a player...

He's 24 and still doesn't have much football intelligence. He also doesn't defend well enough to be a left back nor does he create enough to be a left winger. At best he could do what Moses is doing at Chelsea if coached well, but that's me giving him the benefit of doubt.

He's pretty rubbish at football IMO.

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

For what it's worth Jeff's failings as a player in my opinion highlight the utter crap that is our youth system and not necessarily the man himself (I've mentioned before in other threads.. they scouted players who could run that they felt they could turn into footballers)

Somehow a few seasons ago the first team got handed Schlupp as a player who could play 4 different positions. Why oh why did we not try and develop the lad in one position at all as a youth player or since? 

People above and the user i've quoted are right, he could have been something if he'd been told he was a left back... or a left winger.. or a striker... but you have to feel it might just be too late for him now. It's certainly too late for him here that's for sure.

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Jeff Schlupp is about to become the 2nd most expensive player sold in the history of Leicester City if the £12m asking price is met...

Just me who finds this hilarious? 

Forest fans told us they had better defenders than morgan when we bought him, Schmiechel wasnt rated by Leeds.. Huth couldnt get back into the stoke Starting 11...

Sometimes a buying club can see potential and how they want to develop a player in a way that the selling team and its fans just dont see...

His best position is wing back. Full licence to bomb on down the flank all day. Left back he has too much defensive responsibility. Left wing he has to work in tight areas and lacks the technique or craft.

That second half away to West Brom in the great escape he was UNPLAYABLE. Was good in general during that run at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

His best position is wing back. Full licence to bomb on down the flank all day. Left back he has too much defensive responsibility. Left wing he has to work in tight areas and lacks the technique or craft.

That second half away to West Brom in the great escape he was UNPLAYABLE. Was good in general during that run at the end of the season.

He was unplayable that Day and I suspect that it's that performance West Brom are buying him for. Boy are they in for a surprise. He's so frustrating as a player.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

You could be right. But he's a Managers nightmare, you just never know what you're going to get from him on any given match day. He has all of the attributes required to be a top player except the simple task of how to kick a Football with effect. I'd have loved to work with him just for a couple of weeks to help him improve. Maybe Pulis has a plan to improve his potential.

I'm also not sure if he has the intellect to be a top player as he seems to act on instinct.

I will always have fond memories of the Schlupperman and the chaos in both ends, he always causes. :) Also remember an interview with Schmeichel on danish telly saying, that he immediately felt welcomed here and mentioned King and Schlupp, so he has played a part in the culture of the club, that became a big part of last season's sensationel PL title. But he has been off the boil this season (but so has basically the whole team except a few...) and can't get near a starting place, so better let him go and maybe get some funds for the strengthening of the defense.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

That could be seen as a PC way of saying he's currently shit

Haha... but for me its saying he can get better, not that he's crap or anything... some people are late bloomers.. we got Vardy from non league!

Archived