Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

Just now, Babylon said:

If it's in the summer, then that's fine. But I wouldn't strengthen any of our rivals currently in a relegation battle with us... and after looking at the table and the fixtures to come I really think we're in one.

:blink:

He is no better than what they have.

well we will need to create some spaces in our 25 man squad come the end of January. Let's assume James goes out on loan, perhaps little cabbage too, that's two, with one already taken by Ndidi. I'd very much hope we will sign one CB, and perhaps an RB too. Thus we will need to move one on, and Jeff looks like he wants out. I take @Babylon's point about not strengthening a basement rival, but I'm not convinced he would strengthen them that much. He can be useful, but I don't think he is a game changer. If we can get £12 million that seems like very decent business

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think it would help our cause  :whistle:

18 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He is no better than what they have.

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Why??? 

He'd help them get relegated!! 

Properly motivated he can be a very dangerous player, I've seen it enough down here. Yeah he's been out of sorts for quite a while and he'll always have his flaws. On his game though the lad can cause almost any team a problem. Played regularly and given the chance and confidence to play we could regret it, I'd rather not take that chance right now.

7 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Gets too much stick on here, okay he's not got a good end product but overall he's done well for us. I wish him all the best for the future and hope he turns out to be a good premier league winger

End product is all that matters. How can he have done well for us if he delivers no end product?

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd love to know why the club seem to think Jeffrey is worth 8 figures. 

Because it's what a lot of average and untried players players go for now. Hendricks £10m, Lookman £11m.

£10m + really is what £4m used to be about 5 or 6 years ago.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Properly motivated he can be a very dangerous player, I've seen it enough down here. Yeah he's been out of sorts for quite a while and he'll always have his flaws. On his game though the lad can cause almost any team a problem. Played regularly and given the chance and confidence to play, I'd rather not take that chance right now.

I take your point but long term it would be a dreadful signing. He has no motivation so he won't ever be consistent enough to be useful.

Fair enough about not taking a chance in case he scores one vital goal, which is possible, but really we need to be setting our ambitions higher than relying on other results in order to not get relegated. If we're worried about Schlupp coming back to bite us then it shows just how low we have sunk.

The real question is why didn't we get rid of him in the summer. Madness.

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

End product is all that matters. How can he have done well for us if he delivers no end product?

What a ridiculous comment... we've got promoted, stayed in the league with him playing a major role... let alone a supporting role in winning the league. Of course end product is his downfall, but he's played a big part in the best period in our history. That's harsh to say he's not done well for us.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because it's what a lot of average and untried players players go for now. Hendricks £10m, Lookman £11m.

£10m + really is what £4m used to be about 5 or 6 years ago.

And we are turning it down, shocking. 

If Palace promise to play him every week they can have him for free lol 

Seriously though, we don't want him, he don't want to be here, we want money, if we are turning down 9 I'd say we aren't going to say yes to anything less than 13-15......which is crazy as if you shop around you can get someone much better.

Jeff does seem to have a lot of fans out there though somehow so maybe it's not impossible to get that. 

Archived