Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wouldn't sell any player to someone currently towards the bottom.

I don't care, if it's value it's value.

If they don't sign Schlupp they'll only spend it on someone else and we're still no better off because of it.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Properly motivated he can be a very dangerous player, I've seen it enough down here. Yeah he's been out of sorts for quite a while and he'll always have his flaws. On his game though the lad can cause almost any team a problem. Played regularly and given the chance and confidence to play we could regret it, I'd rather not take that chance right now.

what? This response ruins the joke. Please edit it!

he's a versatile player that can play upfront or on the wing or as a fullback but is not a master at any of these.he has pace.he has been here a number of years but has never held down a regular spot in the team despite playing a lot of games for us.his development has been pretty poor as he should be at the top of his game but for some reason he isn't.

i'd be sad to see him go but i can't see him developing any further maybe other managers can!

Replacing Bolasie with Jeff. Poor palace fans!

In all seriousness, Schlupp has many attributes to be a top player. Pace and power being 2 of them. The trouble is he hasn't developed a reliable end-product. Shame really because if he could cross or chip in with a few more goals, he'd be devastating.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What a ridiculous comment... we've got promoted, stayed in the league with him playing a major role... let alone a supporting role in winning the league. Of course end product is his downfall, but he's played a big part in the best period in our history. That's harsh to say he's not done well for us.

No, you're being ridiculous Babs.

He has never had a positive major role in any one of our seasons, he has been a bit part player who has done the odd good thing but has mostly been absolute horse shit. How many good things did he do last season? There was the goal at Norwich, good performance at Bournemouth, and a very lucky assist against Swansea. That's it. The rest of the time he was a lazy hindrance.

I think he's the luckiest footballer of all time to have got a championship medal. He's dreadful, doesn't try and if he didn't have pace he wouldn't have even had a non-league career, he'd be stacking shelves.

Time started seeing him for what he is.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because it's what a lot of average and untried players players go for now. Hendricks £10m, Lookman £11m.

£10m + really is what £4m used to be about 5 or 6 years ago.

Whereas Jeff has been tried and tested and still not good enough.

At some point you have to let go. He has the attributes to bite us on the arse as he's very athletic, quick, strong and good stamina but that's why we're selling for the £10m mark and not 500k.  122 games for Leicester and 24 years of age and struggles to make the bench, cash in and refocus that money elsewhere IMO.

The whole idea of turning down 9 million pounds and restricting a player for resuming his career just in case he comes back and scores against us gets a little bit more ridiculous the longer I think about it.

I think it's safe to say if we finish below Palace go down and Jeff Schlupp has been there talisman we seriously deserve relegating lol 

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'd love to know why the club seem to think Jeffrey is worth 8 figures. 

14/15 Players Player of the Year

14/15 & 15/16 Young Player of the Year

Years of physiological analysis, years of training & integrating with players in the squad, the improvements hes made from being a young striker to a flimsy left back to a capable left sided wing back. The penalty he won against West Ham last season?

Like I understand we expect 100% from players every game and Jeff hasnt done that recently but he still deserves respect from the fans and its no wonder the Club value him, he still has potential in the right circumstances, if these arent right for him then fair enough, go on and prosper but hes worth something for now and the future and the club surely understand that.

1 minute ago, LinekersApples said:

If they can offload a winger (Sakho?) and replace with Shlupp who also covers LB, it makes sense for them.

West Brom will also be back in now. I think we've turned it down because we'll (amazingly) get more from another club.

I've no problem the club rejecting the first bid as there might be more demand and bigger offers but he just has to be sold this January for his and Leicester's sake.

It would be criminal if he's still a Leicester player come February. 

What are we playing at...9miilion is awesome especially as we pay him 80k a week as well to sit on the team coach weekly. Yeh we shouldn't sell to a team towards the bottom, but that's the only teams that are likely to realistically want him and put in an offer.

13 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

No, you're being ridiculous Babs.

He has never had a positive major role in any one of our seasons, he has been a bit part player who has done the odd good thing but has mostly been absolute horse shit. How many good things did he do last season? There was the goal at Norwich, good performance at Bournemouth, and a very lucky assist against Swansea. That's it. The rest of the time he was a lazy hindrance.

I think he's the luckiest footballer of all time to have got a championship medal. He's dreadful, doesn't try and if he didn't have pace he wouldn't have even had a non-league career, he'd be stacking shelves.

Time started seeing him for what he is.

You cant possibly expect people to take your points seriously when you over react like that...

2 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

What are we playing at...9miilion is awesome especially as we pay him 80k a week as well to sit on the team coach weekly. Yeh we shouldn't sell to a team towards the bottom, but that's the only teams that are likely to realistically want him and put in an offer.

It's only awesome if the majority of the cash is up front.

Schlupp is not on 80k a week lol 

3 minutes ago, Shaneb said:

I think its less than half that...

7 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

14/15 Players Player of the Year

14/15 & 15/16 Young Player of the Year

Years of physiological analysis, years of training & integrating with players in the squad, the improvements hes made from being a young striker to a flimsy left back to a capable left sided wing back. The penalty he won against West Ham last season?

Like I understand we expect 100% from players every game and Jeff hasnt done that recently but he still deserves respect from the fans and its no wonder the Club value him, he still has potential in the right circumstances, if these arent right for him then fair enough, go on and prosper but hes worth something for now and the future and the club surely understand that.

Which was utterly bizarre given he started a grand total of 14 league games but never mind. I think they all just decided to troll Esteban.

lol And that was not a fcking penalty in a trillion years. John Moss's worst decision of that game and that is saying something

Hey look as I said elsewhere 100  appearances for the club been here years and helped the team achieve great things and I'd give him a warm reception on return. But every player has their price and Jeffrey's is not 10 Million for me. 

Archived